Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Fox News continues climb in ratings
(08-25-2023, 05:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ok, you're ignoring logic of how Biden got all those votes while campaigning from his basement and when Trump had a very successful presidency.

It's not about logic, it's about who gets more EC votes.  I personally don't agree with the GOP choosing Trump over Gary Johnson or other proven successful republicans, I think that was illogical...but that's what they did.

More people voted for Trump than Gary Johnson.  I disagree with that, but I accept it.  I wanted us to be on Gary Johnson's second term right now.  I don't like that Trump and Biden are the ones who got elected at all.  Why did the GOP go with Trump instead of a successful republican governor like Gary Johnson?

[Image: post-game.0.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think I can hear 'Holic banging his head against a wall, or maybe a desk, all the way here in Connecticut.

As to the OP, rather than rehashing transgender issues:

Yes, Fox has a monopoly as the right-leaning "news"/entertainment network. But trying to correlate their viewership numbers with trustworthiness or anything is faulty logic at best. Taco Bell was once rated as America's preferred Mexican restaurant. That neither makes Taco Bell a Mexican restaurant nor does it make it good.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 05:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Where did I say this?

You said grown a transgender adult woman shouldn't be able to shower with women, so I guess you think it's ok for kids to do it? A 17 year-old is a child, so just children showering with other children.

Or where's the line drawn? 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 06:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You said grown a transgender adult woman shouldn't be able to shower with women, so I guess you think it's ok for kids to do it? A 17 year-old is a child, so just children showering with other children.

Or where's the line drawn? 

QUote where I said that. Then when you can't find it, maybe you should think twice before accusing me, or anyone else, with your negative opinion.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 07:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: QUote where I said that. Then when you can't find it, maybe you should think twice before accusing me, or anyone else, with your negative opinion.

Ok, so are you saying it IS ok for transgender women (men) to shower with children or are you saying schools shouldn't have locker rooms for kids to shower after gym class or a sports practice?
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 07:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ok, so are you saying it IS ok for transgender women (men) to shower with children or are you saying schools shouldn't have locker rooms for kids to shower after gym class or a sports practice?

Again, I never even said anything close to what your claiming. Quote me.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 04:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm trying to say, Who cares as long as they aren't hurting anyone? Most people don't. Too much stuff to worry about in my household to worry what's going on in my neighbor's house.

Easy solution? Transgendered sports and a unisex bathroom.

(08-25-2023, 07:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Again, I never even said anything close to what your claiming. Quote me.

See above. 

So you think a transgender woman should find someone to go into a shower and say "is everyone ok for a transgender woman to shower in here" or use the restroom?

Or in school, do the parents have to sign a permission slip that allows a transgender girl to shower with their girls? 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 07:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: See above. 

So you think a transgender woman should find someone to go into a shower and say "is everyone ok for a transgender woman to shower in here" or use the restroom?

Or in school, do the parents have to sign a permission slip that allows a transgender girl to shower with their girls? 

I said nothing about showering, or even showering with children for that matter. I never said anything about locker rooms or even mentioned the word girls. Good lord. You read what you want to read. 

Read this: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-P-R-News

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 02:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: lol.

I ask you a simple question and you try and make it sound all complicated and like you need the highest IQ on earth to answer.

You're a woman or man. How do you know you're a woman or man? How do you know you're a male or female?

what words did you fail to understand?  I gave you a straightforward answer.  It is a complicated subject once you delve into the reality of human sexuality and gender identity.  And just because you are figuratively stomping your feet and holding your breath screaming it has to be how you want it to be doesn't make it so.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 05:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ok, you're ignoring logic of how Biden got all those votes while campaigning from his basement and when Trump had a very successful presidency.

1) Joe Biden was a known entity, he had been Vice President for 8 years or did you forget that? And since 99% of voters only see the person they vote for via TV, it doesn't matter where they sit to communicate.  As anybody but right-wing media could have told you, rallies, boat parades, etc. are not a complete snapshot of voter support.  Democrats, Independents, and yes many Republicans didn't need them to help us make up our minds.  This goes back to viewers' overreliance on right-wing media that tells them what they want to hear not what you need to hear.

2)  MAGA folks love screaming about how "successful" the Trump presidency was but always fail to take into consideration the last year of his term.  But you can't ignore the utter failure of his "leadership" during the beginning of the pandemic.  
   -Unemployment was 6.3% when he left office
   -the wall only added 4 new miles of construction and Mexico did not pay for any of it
   - Legal immigration dropped under Trump.  Illegal immigration only dropped during the pandemic year.  Apprehension and removals were higher during the Obama years than Trump
   - The trade deficit went up during Trump not down like he promised

- The deficit went up during Trump not down like he promised
   - coal jobs dropped by over 16%...he promised to bring those jobs back
   - he promised a repeal and replacement of Obamacare-he failed
   - he promised infrastructure investment-he had multiple infrastructure weeks but somehow no new investments in infrastructure happened
   - he promised to drain the swamp instead he embraced it
   - he promised no golf and no vacations.  He flew to Florida on his very first weekend in the office
   - he sucked up to our enemies and dissed our allies
   - he played games of petty political revenge when leadership was called for
   - Leading by tweeting does not equal solid policy decisions or achievements
   - His COVID leadership was abysmal.  The only positive was the vaccine development but couldn't manage to distribute it or convince his own followers to         take it
   - He had a successful inability to hire competent people for jobs in the government
   - His calculated cries of election rigging despite no evidence prior to the election undercut the system and set up what happened after the election
   - 4 years of poor behavior from constant whining, playing the victim, attacking anyone who didn't support him, embracing the extremists,                 personal prejudices, lying, etc turned off a whole lot of people.  This isn't real leadership
     -The Democrats actually had a platform in 2020 that many people wanted to vote for.  All the Republicans had to offer was 4 more years of Trump.  Well,    you can't spend 4 years pushing people away from the tent and expect them to vote for you when the time came
     -People were and are genuinely concerned about the Republican's push towards extremists and authoritarianism
     -Culture wars are not a strategy to bring in independent voters

I'm sure others can add another couple of dozen reasons why Trump LEGITIMATELY lost in 2020.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 07:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I said nothing about showering, or even showering with children for that matter. I never said anything about locker rooms or even mentioned the word girls. Good lord. You read what you want to read. 

Read this: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-P-R-News

You're claiming men are women if they say they're men and it's ok to do what they want.

One big issue is about grown men showering in women's locker rooms and one side says it's ok. You're on that side, which means you're also ok with boys competing against girls.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 08:28 PM)pally Wrote: 1) Joe Biden was a known entity, he had been Vice President for 8 years or did you forget that? And since 99% of voters only see the person they vote for via TV, it doesn't matter where they sit to communicate.  As anybody but right-wing media could have told you, rallies, boat parades, etc. are not a complete snapshot of voter support.  Democrats, Independents, and yes many Republicans didn't need them to help us make up our minds.  This goes back to viewers' overreliance on right-wing media that tells them what they want to hear not what you need to hear.

2)  MAGA folks love screaming about how "successful" the Trump presidency was but always fail to take into consideration the last year of his term.  But you can't ignore the utter failure of his "leadership" during the beginning of the pandemic.  
   -Unemployment was 6.3% when he left office
   -the wall only added 4 new miles of construction and Mexico did not pay for any of it
   - Legal immigration dropped under Trump.  Illegal immigration only dropped during the pandemic year.  Apprehension and removals were higher during the Obama years than Trump
   - The trade deficit went up during Trump not down like he promised

- The deficit went up during Trump not down like he promised
   - coal jobs dropped by over 16%...he promised to bring those jobs back
   - he promised a repeal and replacement of Obamacare-he failed
   - he promised infrastructure investment-he had multiple infrastructure weeks but somehow no new investments in infrastructure happened
   - he promised to drain the swamp instead he embraced it
   - he promised no golf and no vacations.  He flew to Florida on his very first weekend in the office
   - he sucked up to our enemies and dissed our allies
   - he played games of petty political revenge when leadership was called for
   - Leading by tweeting does not equal solid policy decisions or achievements
   - His COVID leadership was abysmal.  The only positive was the vaccine development but couldn't manage to distribute it or convince his own followers to         take it
   - He had a successful inability to hire competent people for jobs in the government
   - His calculated cries of election rigging despite no evidence prior to the election undercut the system and set up what happened after the election
   - 4 years of poor behavior from constant whining, playing the victim, attacking anyone who didn't support him, embracing the extremists,                 personal prejudices, lying, etc turned off a whole lot of people.  This isn't real leadership
     -The Democrats actually had a platform in 2020 that many people wanted to vote for.  All the Republicans had to offer was 4 more years of Trump.  Well,    you can't spend 4 years pushing people away from the tent and expect them to vote for you when the time came
     -People were and are genuinely concerned about the Republican's push towards extremists and authoritarianism
     -Culture wars are not a strategy to bring in independent voters

I'm sure others can add another couple of dozen reasons why Trump LEGITIMATELY lost in 2020.

1 So Biden didn't need to campaign, just because people knew who he was? 

2 He could only do so much in four years but also did a hell of a lot and was working on a lot more, then Covid hit and you're blaming him for that?
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 09:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: 1 So Biden didn't need to campaign, just because people knew who he was? 

2 He could only do so much in four years but also did a hell of a lot and was working on a lot more, then Covid hit and you're blaming him for that?

Biden campaigned abet in a different fashion than Trump did.

Every single President faces out of their direct control adversity during their terms. How they respond makes or breaks their legacy. Sometimes it’s economic, sometimes it natural disasters, sometimes it’s a world event. For Trump, it was COVID. It doesn’t matter how well he did anything else during his 4 years, when leadership counted, he failed. As my daddy used to say,” a thousand attaboys is wiped away by one oh sh**”

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 11:15 PM)pally Wrote: Biden campaigned abet in a different fashion than Trump did.  

Every single President faces out of their direct control adversity during their terms. How they respond makes or breaks their legacy. Sometimes it’s economic, sometimes it natural disasters, sometimes it’s a world event.  For Trump, it was COVID.  It doesn’t matter how well he did anything else during his 4 years, when leadership counted, he failed.  As my daddy used to say,” a thousand attaboys is wiped away by one oh sh**”

Biden campaigned during Covid as if Covid was real.  1135809 got covid and then pretended he overcame it because he was superhuman...lol.

Everyone knew Biden and enough people already hated 1135809.  It may have been the easiest campaign in US history.

1135809's minions tried to bait Biden and demean him with the "Basement Joe" bits but he just kept plugging along.  In fact I'd say, other than one time during the debates, Biden keeping his cool just made the other side make more mistakes.  They wanted a fight with an exchange of insults and when they didn't get it they didn't know how to campaign.

As an aside Biden told him to shut up, on the stage next to him, and all 1135809 did was sniff deeply. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
He also said the Biden clan wasn't taking money from our adversaries.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 09:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: Biden campaigned during Covid as if Covid was real.  1135809 got covid and then pretended he overcame it because he was superhuman...lol.

Everyone knew Biden and enough people already hated 1135809.  It may have been the easiest campaign in US history.

1135809's minions tried to bait Biden and demean him with the "Basement Joe" bits but he just kept plugging along.  In fact I'd say, other than one time during the debates, Biden keeping his cool just made the other side make more mistakes.  They wanted a fight with an exchange of insults and when they didn't get it they didn't know how to campaign.

As an aside Biden told him to shut up, on the stage next to him, and all 1135809 did was sniff deeply. Smirk

You do realize the lies Biden told on that debate stage called out by Trump will be played over and over again in commercials. He said his family never took a dime from China. He also said the Hunter Biden laptop was Russian disinformation and cited 51 liars who signed a letter saying as much.

Fast forward to 2023, we know Hunter Biden took almost $700K from China, we also know the laptop was confirmed by the F.B.I. in 2019 to be Hunter's and was not touched by Russians. Biden lied and duped the voters to win an election. Polling has indicated if voters knew the truth on those 2 matters, Biden would not have won.

As for 1 2024 campaign, Biden will have no choice but to match the energy of Trump. I envision Trump being in a court room all day, then flying to states and doing a rally. Biden has a trust and an age issue. Let's see if Biden can work 12 hours a day campaigning and being the POTUS. My guess is he can't. Hell, he could not stay awake in Maui showing disrespect to the peopl of Hawaii. The man was on vacation almost the entire month of August, yet shows no energy at a critical time for the people of Maui.

I hope Biden is the 2024 candidate, he low energy campaign simply won't work. His lack of access to the press won't work this time.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 11:31 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You do realize the lies Biden told on that debate stage called out by Trump will be played over and over again in commercials. He said his family never took a dime from China. He also said the Hunter Biden laptop was Russian disinformation and cited 51 liars who signed a letter saying as much.

Fast forward to 2023, we know Hunter Biden took almost $700K from China, we also know the laptop was confirmed by the F.B.I. in 2019 to be Hunter's and was not touched by Russians. Biden lied and duped the voters to win an election. Polling has indicated if voters knew the truth on those 2 matters, Biden would not have won.

As for 1 2024 campaign, Biden will have no choice but to match the energy of Trump. I envision Trump being in a court room all day, then flying to states and doing a rally. Biden has a trust and an age issue. Let's see if Biden can work 12 hours a day campaigning and being the POTUS. My guess is he can't. Hell, he could not stay awake in Maui showing disrespect to the peopl of Hawaii. The man was on vacation almost the entire month of August, yet shows no energy at a critical time for the people of Maui.

I hope Biden is the 2024 candidate, he low energy campaign simply won't work. His lack of access to the press won't work this time.

People ignore all that because of their hate for the right and because they hate truth.

I won't be surprised if Biden runs again doesn't even campaign again, and still wins because, like I said, that's how our country is going where people vote on emotion and rhetoric instead of what's best for the country.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 11:15 PM)pally Wrote: Biden campaigned abet in a different fashion than Trump did.  

Every single President faces out of their direct control adversity during their terms. How they respond makes or breaks their legacy. Sometimes it’s economic, sometimes it natural disasters, sometimes it’s a world event.  For Trump, it was COVID.  It doesn’t matter how well he did anything else during his 4 years, when leadership counted, he failed.  As my daddy used to say,” a thousand attaboys is wiped away by one oh sh**”

How'd he campaign?
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 12:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: People ignore all that because of their hate for the right and because they hate truth.

I won't be surprised if Biden runs again doesn't even campaign again, and still wins because, like I said, that's how our country is going where people vote on emotion and rhetoric instead of what's best for the country.

Can we dislike the right and their platform.....and NOT hate the truth?

Or is the right the only truth?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Back to the topic of Fox News...

Fox published a false story that the military charged the family of a deceased Marine $60,000 to transport her body to Arlington. She died during the removal from Afghanistan.

1) The military transports from the death location, in this case Afghanistan, to the location of the family's choice.
2) If the deceased requires transport to a secondary location, as in this case to Arlington for burial, the usual procedure is to reimburse the family for transportation costs
3) In the case of this Marine, a charity picked up the transport cost for the family. The family was never charged. Out-of-pocket costs would have been reimbursed if the family had paid any.
4) The FAMILY never claimed the military charged them a Congressman did
5) Fox never sought clarification from the military or the family
6) Fox when confronted with the FACTS silently removed the story without explanation or apology to anyone including the Family
7) Fox finally issued an apology via a 3rd party when confronted by with their fake story but failed to offer the apology or explanation on their own website

Why wouldn't the "most trusted news source" admit publically on their own website that they were wrong about a story? Is admitting errors and explaining why they happen part of building trust? How can a trusted news source be trusted if they shove wrong stories under the rug?

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2023/08/23/inside-marine-corps-fight-fox-news-over-false-gold-star-family-story.html

Reply/Quote