Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Fox News continues climb in ratings
(08-25-2023, 01:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: As far as sex and gender, then what is a woman if it's not defined by chromosomes and physical characteristics? What is a man if it's not defined by those?

IMO,  None of this really matters in the broader sense and those arguing it do so just to argue. The majority of Americans treat each other fairly without prejudice. Those who would dehumanize people who are different are simply trying to draw attention away from their own faults, or are heavily influenced by outside sources. But I assure you most people don't care what the person next to them does unless it affects them personally.

When things get personal, this is where problems begin. By personal, I'm not referring to just self. I'm referring to family members, belief systems, etc. This is why men in women's sports and men using women's bathrooms are such an issue. Both have easy solutions, but somehow doing things easy is not the American way. We have to argue about it first.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 04:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've accepted the reality that Trump lost votes from independents and republicans, I can lead you to water but I can't make you drink.  Call it fraud, call it voters turning off their brains, bottom line is Trump lost and a refusal to accept that people may actually have valid reasons to give him the hook after 4 years might not help him in 2024.

For all the whining my liberal friends did about Hillary blowing 2016 at least they blamed it on her being crap and moved on to someone else.

But you won't even try to answer how Biden got all those votes from his basement with no campaigning when Trump had a successful economy, more jobs, and was limiting immigration.

Yet you accuse me to refusing to accept reality.

The irony is mind-blowing............
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 04:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: IMO,  None of this really matters in the broader sense and those arguing it do so just to argue. The majority of Americans treat each other fairly without prejudice. Those who would dehumanize people who are different are simply trying to draw attention away from their own faults, or are heavily influenced by outside sources. But I assure you most people don't care what the person next to them does unless it affects them personally.

When things get personal, this is where problems begin. By personal, I'm not referring to just self. I'm referring to family members, belief systems, etc. This is why men in women's sports and men using women's bathrooms are such an issue. Both have easy solutions, but somehow doing things easy is not the American way. We have to argue about it first.

Reality doesn't matter? Facts don't matter? 

And what's the easy solutions to men using women's bathrooms and males dominating women's sports?
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 04:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: But you won't even try to answer how Biden got all those votes from his basement with no campaigning when Trump had a successful economy, more jobs, and was limiting immigration.

Yet you accuse me to refusing to accept reality.

The irony is mind-blowing............

What reality am I refusing to accept?
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 04:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What reality am I refusing to accept?

That it was either election fraud or people voting off of emotion because they didn't like Trump.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 04:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That it was either election fraud or people voting off of emotion because they didn't like Trump.

I accept that.  I've always said that a lot of people don't like Trump and won't vote for him because they don't like him, and it was the same way with Hillary Clinton.  What I don't accept is your idea that anyone who votes against Trump is doing so out of pure emotion and completely devoid of logic or reasoning.

It's also interesting because I live in PA a state Trump won in 2016 and then lost in 2020.  I guess by your metric the state went from being smart enough to vote for Reagan and Bush and then got all emotional when Clinton, Gore, and Kerry were running, before getting smart again in 2016 and then getting emotional again in 2020.

I think you are intentionally simplifying things, and I don't mean that as an insult.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 04:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I accept that.  I've always said that a lot of people don't like Trump and won't vote for him because they don't like him, and it was the same way with Hillary Clinton.  What I don't accept is your idea that anyone who votes against Trump is doing so out of pure emotion and completely devoid of logic or reasoning.

It's also interesting because I live in PA a state Trump won in 2016 and then lost in 2020.  I guess by your metric the state went from being smart enough to vote for Reagan and Bush and then got all emotional when Clinton, Gore, and Kerry were running, before getting smart again in 2016 and then getting emotional again in 2020.

I think you are intentionally simplifying things, and I don't mean that as an insult.

When did I say every voter voting for him voted based off of emotion? I just pointed out that a lot of people did and the ones that didn't voted along party lines. Explain how else a man that didn't do any campaigning, stayed in his basement most of campaign season, and was so out of it that his VP had to call him to tell him they won, got more votes than any other candidate in history?

Also, you're further pointing out that it could have been election fraud.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 04:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Reality doesn't matter? Facts don't matter? 

And what's the easy solutions to men using women's bathrooms and males dominating women's sports?

I'm trying to say, Who cares as long as they aren't hurting anyone? Most people don't. Too much stuff to worry about in my household to worry what's going on in my neighbor's house.

Easy solution? Transgendered sports and a unisex bathroom.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 04:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: When did I say every voter voting for him voted based off of emotion? I just pointed out that a lot of people did and the ones that didn't voted along party lines. Explain how else a man that didn't do any campaigning, stayed in his basement most of campaign season, and was so out of it that his VP had to call him to tell him they won, got more votes than any other candidate in history?

Also, you're further pointing out that it could have been election fraud.

Ok well a lot of people vote for Trump because of emotion too, as is their right.  I don't care if people vote for candidate A because they think candidate B is a ham sandwich, that's their right, as is their right to stay home.  Though I'm in some sort of minority as a political junkie who doesn't hold it against people for not voting, it seems.

I can't say it was voter fraud or that it wasn't.  I can't say that Reagan fairly beat Mondale, either.  Reality says Biden beat Trump and Reagan beat Mondale, so I roll with that until I see otherwise.  As someone who has voted libertarian in the past 3 elections I could go on about how the system is rigged, for sure.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 04:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm trying to say, Who cares as long as they aren't hurting anyone? Most people don't. Too much stuff to worry about in my household to worry what's going on in my neighbor's house.

Easy solution? Transgendered sports and a unisex bathroom.

You don't think a grown adult man in a bathroom or shower with a 10 year old girl isn't potentially harming the girl? 

Fine. Transgendered sports and a unisex bathroom. Until then, use the one that identifies with your sex and play the sport of your sex so you don't rob children or even teens of lifelong memories and college opportunities.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 04:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You don't think a grown adult man in a bathroom or shower with a 10 year old girl isn't potentially harming the girl? 

Fine. Transgendered sports and a unisex bathroom. Until then, use the one that identifies with your sex and play the sport of your sex so you don't rob children or even teens of lifelong memories and college opportunities.

Adults who are strangers shouldn't be in the shower or bathroom with children period. Gender has nothing to do with it.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 04:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ok well a lot of people vote for Trump because of emotion too, as is their right.  I don't care if people vote for candidate A because they think candidate B is a ham sandwich, that's their right, as is their right to stay home.  Though I'm in some sort of minority as a political junkie who doesn't hold it against people for not voting, it seems.

I can't say it was voter fraud or that it wasn't.  I can't say that Reagan fairly beat Mondale, either.  Reality says Biden beat Trump and Reagan beat Mondale, so I roll with that until I see otherwise.  As someone who has voted libertarian in the past 3 elections I could go on about how the system is rigged, for sure.

But their emotion of voting towards Trump wasn't because they didn't like Biden, it's because Trump made them emotional about his plans for the country, which is what any good leader does.

Again, if you'd like to believe a guy that campaigned from his basement got more votes than anyone from a sitting President that was successful in office, then you need to take off your blinders.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 04:52 PM)treee Wrote: Adults who are strangers shouldn't be in the shower with children period. Gender has nothing to do with it.

Ok, so you think it's ok if a 17-year-old senior high school is in the shower with a 14 year-old girl after gym practice or in the locker room at the gym?
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 04:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: But their emotion of voting towards Trump wasn't because they didn't like Biden, it's because Trump made them emotional about his plans for the country, which is what any good leader does.

Again, if you'd like to believe a guy that campaigned from his basement got more votes than anyone from a sitting President that was successful in office, then you need to take off your blinders.

Seems like Biden got more votes than Trump, yes.  I didn't vote for Biden, you didn't vote for Biden, but he got more votes than Trump.  I accept it, you don't.  That's your right.  It's a free country, so you can say Trump lost in 2020 because the king of the moon came down and turned your sofa into key lime pie, for all I care.

And I can see logical and emotional reasons to vote for Trump, or Biden, or Jorgensen.  Am I wearing blinders?  I feel like I'm accepting reality, but my mind is open to the idea that my mind is closed and I just don't know it.  I don't think you're being as effective an emissary for the GOP as you could be, though.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 05:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Seems like Biden got more votes than Trump, yes.  I didn't vote for Biden, you didn't vote for Biden, but he got more votes than Trump.  I accept it, you don't.  That's your right.  It's a free country, so you can say Trump lost in 2020 because the king of the moon came down and turned your sofa into key lime pie, for all I care.

And I can see logical and emotional reasons to vote for Trump, or Biden, or Jorgensen.  Am I wearing blinders?  I feel like I'm accepting reality, but my mind is open to the idea that my mind is closed and I just don't know it.  I don't think you're being as effective an emissary for the GOP as you could be, though.

Once again, you offer no explanation for how a guy that campaigned from his basement got the most votes in history.

That's wearing blinders. Saying "just accept it," isn't a valid point. 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 05:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Once again, you offer no explanation for how a guy that campaigned from his basement got the most votes in history.

That's wearing blinders. Saying "just accept it," isn't a valid point. 

Because people voted for him.  People had the option to vote for Biden or Trump or Jorgensen etc and most people voted for Biden.  That's all there is to it.  If you have evidence that it was rigged you'd be better served taking it to the Fox corp or Trump himself, I'm just some dude on the internet.

Biden beat Trump like Trump beat Hillary and like Nixon beat McGovern and William Henry Harrison beat some guy I don't know off the top of my head...by getting more EC votes.  

EDIT - Ok, so he beat Willian Van Buren...I've heard of him. 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 04:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You don't think a grown adult man in a bathroom or shower with a 10 year old girl isn't potentially harming the girl? 

You're not reading before responding and you're letting your emotions take over your reasoning. You're claiming I support grown men in a bathroom with a 10yr old. I would like you to point out exactly where I claimed, before labeling me with that opinion.  Whatever

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 05:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You're not reading before responding and you're letting your emotions take over your reasoning. You're claiming I support grown men in a bathroom with a 10yr old. I would like you to point out exactly where I claimed, before labeling me with that opinion.  Whatever

You claim a transgender woman, who is biologically a man, should be able to shower with a 10-year-old girl, because women shower with their daughters and their daughter's friends at the pool and locker rooms.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 05:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Because people voted for him.  People had the option to vote for Biden or Trump or Jorgensen etc and most people voted for Biden.  That's all there is to it.  If you have evidence that it was rigged you'd be better served taking it to the Fox corp or Trump himself, I'm just some dude on the internet.

Biden beat Trump like Trump beat Hillary and like Nixon beat McGovern and William Henry Harrison beat some guy I don't know off the top of my head...by getting more EC votes.  

EDIT - Ok, so he beat Willian Van Buren...I've heard of him. 

Ok, you're ignoring logic of how Biden got all those votes while campaigning from his basement and when Trump had a very successful presidency.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 05:12 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You claim a transgender woman, who is biologically a man, should be able to shower with a 10-year-old girl, because women shower with their daughters and their daughter's friends at the pool and locker rooms.

Where did I say this?

Reply/Quote