Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frank Pollack our new OL Coach
(01-11-2018, 08:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Fingers crossed.   I trust marv with coaching hires so we will see.  Wonder why Dallas let him walk.   Will have to research

Yeah, that is a head scratcher?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:45 PM)McC Wrote: The most infuriating part of the whole line fiasco was that there was a better lineup sitting on the bench and numbnuts either ignored it or was too stupid to see it.

And to big an ego to admit he was wrong about the players he picked.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is a strange question.  Perhaps Pollack wasn't happy, and decided to start interviewing.  The article I shared on the 1st page of this thread, specifically stated that Dallas had expressed interest in re-signing him.

Or, he could have just grown tired of enduring Jerry Jones, and decided that Mike Brown was reputed to be a kind tyrant?

Trading in Jerry for Mike.  And I'll leave it at that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:55 PM)McC Wrote: Trading in Jerry for Mike.  And I'll leave it at that.

That makes sense, could have a job for as long as he wants over here lol
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't know all the particulars yet but from everything i have heard yet Pollack was by far and away the best OL coach out there.

No complaints at all about this hire.

Agreed. Would rep you but evidently I posted something that bothered someone else.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is a strange question.  Perhaps Pollack wasn't happy, and decided to start interviewing.  The article I shared on the 1st page of this thread, specifically stated that Dallas had expressed interest in re-signing him.

Or, he could have just grown tired of enduring Jerry Jones, and decided that Mike Brown was reputed to be a kind tyrant?

Hopefully man. Will have to go back and read that story.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 06:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: I like the idea of our bringing in a successful coach to work with the OL. Now will we get him the type of players he works best with?
Hopefully this means GOOD players. The Cowboys had GOOD players on Oline. Bengals not even close.
Reply/Quote
I'm baffled. I've been working all day hoping to get on here and see that we hired Goodwin, and here we may have gotten an even better guy for the job. Wow. I think a steak and cheese sub could get more out of our OL than PA could but Pollack from Dallas is a heck of a coach based on the way their OL plays. Maybe the best hire all offseason
Reply/Quote
Great hire. Only way to go is up from here. There is no way in hell we could field 3 worse players this year than , ogbuehi, Fisher n Bodine. N a better coach to start with. Mcglichey n Price would be a great start
Reply/Quote

Jerry Jones is getting on in years and from everything I've read, he thought he had a SB ready team. Since they missed the playoffs, some heads had to roll. They let go of their QB coach and secondary coach as well. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 10:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Jerry Jones is getting on in years and from everything I've read, he thought he had a SB ready team. Since they missed the playoffs, some heads had to roll. They let go of their QB coach and secondary coach as well. 

Well, their Special Teams coach is now with Gruden in Vegas.  So, if very well could have been a "heads must roll" situation.  Or, it could have been a "I'm getting out, while the getting is good" type of situation, as well.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 10:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, their Special Teams coach is now with Gruden in Vegas.  So, if very well could have been a "heads must roll" situation.  Or, it could have been a "I'm getting out, while the getting is good" type of situation, as well.

True. I felt that way about some of our coaches that left. Particularly Guenther and Urban. I didn't mind though. We needed fresh faces and ideas.

Although a revamped staff leads me to believe Marv is here for many more years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:52 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And to big an ego to admit he was wrong about the players he picked.

Exactly 91% of the posters on this board can spot better talented offensive lineman than Paul Alexander  Mellow
Reply/Quote
Out of the available options this was the best hire.

Now if the Bengals could bring in a free agent right tackle and draft one of the top centers and maybe snatch Hernandez in round 2 and R. Smith in round one, the team would be going in the right direction for sure.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Another great move!

Let's hope that they keep coming with free agents and in the draft!

Not to jinx us, but it looks like the old man is finally opening up his pocket book and listening to others!

I'm getting more and more excited!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 11:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Another great move!  

Let's hope that they keep coming with free agents and in the draft!

Not to jinx us, but it looks like the old man is finally opening up his pocket book and listening to others!

I'm getting more and more excited!

FA will really tell the tale.  We've heard the jumping into FQ talk before and it didn't materialize.  If they sign even one quality FA, I will feel like we're headed in the right direction.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Surprising move and a good one. At last a major upgrade.
Reply/Quote
Goodwin was my choice because he had run game coordinator experience, but I'm happy they got a guy in place quickly and look forward to thr changes next season.

How many more openings are left? Quarterbacks coach and a couple assistant assistants?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Frank Pollack? Are you kidding me? He’s amazing! Mike Brown must have given Marvin Lewis total hiring authority because this is an inspired hire.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 12:19 AM)Synric Wrote: Goodwin was my choice because he had run game coordinator experience, but I'm happy they got a guy in place quickly and look forward to thr changes next season.

How many more openings are left? Quarterbacks coach and a couple assistant assistants?

They have QB coach and assistant DB coach left I believe
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote