Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zack Baun has diluted urine sample
(04-19-2020, 01:33 PM)Synric Wrote: Again you keep saying outside linebacker but fail to realize that isn't just a single postion and actually many.

You are saying Chase Young and Patrick Queen are the same because they are both OLB this is wrong. Young is an edge Queen is an off the ball linebacker. Zack Baun is an edge.
 very few list Baun as edge unlike Young. I attached CBS sports as just one example.. You are really stuck on labels.. Baun can play the edge   and  he could go out and cover a slot or play off the line as OLB.. that is what versatile players do..  
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/linebackers/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 01:09 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Evan Weaver in the 4th.. we got to take em. Not exactly fast, but physical, instinctive, and knows where to be.

I think the Bengals have learned their lesson and are looking at success on tape with LBs. 
They cannot look for just athleticism or taking a Project and moving them in different spots. 
They were one of the worst tackling teams in football. Hence, the reason for the players they signed in FA. 
Let's keep it up in the draft! 

Even though Weaver didn't run very well at 4.8 at the combine, his tape shows much different. 
When you lead CF in tackles, you can't be slow to the ball. 
He may run a 4.8, but his instincts help him play like a 4.6 or 4.5 player.  
Yes, we shouldn't have him out a lot on 3rd downs if we've got Shawn Williams and Pratt or probably another LB; but, he's definitely the 1st and 2nd down LB they need who just makes tackle after tackle after tackle. 
He's got a big chip on his shoulder and I hope he's available to them in the 4th round still. 
Reply/Quote
Don't know if anybody's posted this, but, fwiw, Hobson on the home page has Baun as the pick at 33.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 01:14 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  very few list Baun as edge unlike Young. I attached CBS sports as just one example.. You are really stuck on labels.. Baun can play the edge   and  he could go out and cover a slot or play off the line as OLB.. that is what versatile players do..  
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/linebackers/

Baun isn't athletically blessed enough to go out and cover a slot, so don't get too carried away there. Why he is tricky is because he WAS a 3-4 OLB or EDGE guy. They played him off the ball at the Senior Bowl and he played well enough people think he can make the move to off ball. He is most likely going to play as a 3-4 inside backer who can give you some pass rush versatility if you want to move him around and get creative with your blitz packages. 
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 03:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: Baun isn't athletically blessed enough to go out and cover a slot, so don't get too carried away there. Why he is tricky is because he WAS a 3-4 OLB or EDGE guy. They played him off the ball at the Senior Bowl and he played well enough people think he can make the move to off ball. He is most likely going to play as a 3-4 inside backer who can give you some pass rush versatility if you want to move him around and get creative with your blitz packages. 

Actually he is quick and can drop into cover lined out.. I can't cover one on one but his quickness can put him into a nice zone drop position in space.  I think this is the most spot on profile summary 

Zack Baun will excel in a defensive system that capitalizes on his versatility and football IQ to place him in various roles in the defensive front seven. Baun has the quickness, burst and hand usage to win as a pressure player but early downs will serve him best working off the football to take advantage of his quick processor and short area quickness to step into gaps and fill versus the run. He can be a critical starter for a defense but needs to be moved around to play his best football. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote