Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Fun thread] What do you do for a living and what is your highest level of education?
(07-16-2015, 11:01 AM)CincyProduct Wrote: In addition to what Bfine said, man get service connected. Because they also have another program for us vets, I think it is called V-RAP. Where they will pay for you schooling housing vehicles and what not after G.I.BILL runs out. I currently use the POST 9-11 G.I.BILL not sure if you served during 9-11 but if you did you can use all 3 benefits. 

I served from 11/2005 to 11/2008. So I assume I'd qualify for the post 9-11 G.I. Bill.

Honestly, I just recently found out that I can still use the G.I. Bill. I thought you had to use it while you were enlisted.

Otherwise, I would've already used it. I was pretty stoked to find out that I have 3 years of eligibility left.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I have an associates degree in Criminal Justice.

I'm a former police officer, current private intelligence consultant.

Also currently in school to become a paramedic.

Just trying to figure out my passion still!
[Image: sig2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 01:26 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: [Image: bmskunkworks.png~c200]

What does that mean?
Reply/Quote
B.S. Computer Information Systems, IU Kelley School of Business

IT Manager

Webmaster BengalsBoard.net!!!
Reply/Quote
Retired design/build project manager; bachelors mechanical engineering. Now part-timing as a starter at a local golf course so I can play FREE golf! And, I'm getting the old band back together.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 03:00 PM)BleedNOrange Wrote: What does that mean?

secret squirrel
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 09:16 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: secret squirrel

[Image: secret_squirrel_muscle_by_skull1045oscar-d3cm7uv.png]
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 02:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I served from 11/2005 to 11/2008. So I assume I'd qualify for the post 9-11 G.I. Bill.

Honestly, I just recently found out that I can still use the G.I. Bill. I thought you had to use it while you were enlisted.

Otherwise, I would've already used it. I was pretty stoked to find out that I have 3 years of eligibility left.

Go here
https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/homepage
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Concrete Plant Manager

Bachelor of Science in Construction Management with a Minor in Architecture.

I screwed up and got into this mob racket early right out of school. Should've held out for something better, but this pays the bills and then some.....and I have job security in this market from the business relationships I've built. At least the networking has been good.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 03:00 PM)BleedNOrange Wrote: What does that mean?

Assuming you are not being facetious.......

[Image: 51-OOS4iUrL._SY355_.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 11:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: Concrete Plant Manager

Bachelor of Science in Construction Management with a Minor in Architecture.

I screwed up and got into this mob racket early right out of school.  Should've held out for something better, but this pays the bills and then some.....and I have job security in this market from the business relationships I've built.  At least the networking has been good.

C'mon.... you certainly get some of those sweet government contracts, right ?
ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
GED, about 3, perhaps 4 almost degrees in various fields. I owned and ran several businesses, some paid out, some not. Before I became disabled and "retired' I ran both a scrap metal business and a used appliance business.
Currently living in a beautiful house on a lake in Columbia SC with a wonderful woman taking care of my elderly father and step mother.
It's not how much you make or have in life. Having family you love and who loves you back that's important. Two years ago I lived in a homeless shelter in Columbus so the whole thing about success is all about what's between your ears, not what's in your bank account or wallet.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2015, 01:44 AM)Shady Wrote: Professor of Collective Learning (that's my self-assigned title, actually I teach classes in the history, politics, and philosophy of education, as well as curriculum design and implementation) at Boise State University

Doctorate from THE University of Cincinnati, 1991
Post-Doctorate, Penn State 1994-95
Surprised I don't see you in the PnR forum very often?
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 11:45 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Assuming you are not being facetious.......

Ah, haha.  I don't work for Lockheed.  I wasn't trying to be secretive about my job but about me in general.  I prefer a little anonymity on message boards.  Sorry about the confusion.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 03:51 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Retired design/build project manager; bachelors mechanical engineering. Now part-timing as a starter at a local golf course so I can play FREE golf! And, I'm getting the old band back together.

A mission from God?!?!
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 12:36 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: A mission from God?!?!

Are you the police?
No ma'am, we're musicians.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 12:50 PM)GodFather Wrote: Are you the police?
LOL

Glad I'm not the only old guy here.
Reply/Quote
Corporate attorney, small firm. B.A. (Poli Sci), J.D., LL.M
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 12:50 PM)GodFather Wrote: Are you the police?

My name is Jacob Stein. I'm from the American Federation of Music. I've been sent to see if you gentlemen are carrying your permits. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
High school.

Run my own business

http://www.woodworksunlimited.com
Reply/Quote