Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Fun thread on obscure Bengals players
Kevin Kaesviharn.

DB from I think South Dakota State. He was signed off the street (actually he was teaching high school physical education) when a bunch of our DB's went down. I was driving from Cincy to New Jersey one Sunday afternoon listening to Bengals-Steelers on Pittsburgh radio. Steelers built a lead and the color guy was a real comedian, kept calling us the Bungles, made fun of KK -- "Looks like the gym teacher forgot to do his lesson plan, har-har." Lost the signal on the other side of the mountains, pulled into my in-laws and turned on the TV just in time to see Bengals kick the winning field goal. Found out later that the comedian was legendary Pittsburgh douchebag announcer Myron Cope, who cemented his status of being a total douchebag by inventing the terrible towel. Kaesviharn stuck with the team and actually turned into a pretty good DB.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 02:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I saw Kinnebrew play in college when I was at Tenn-Chatt.

Loved the 'Brew'.  One in a line of Bengal power running backs (Boobie Clark/Pete Johnson/Kinnebrew/Woods).  The giant bruising fullback was a Bengal trademark for years.

I remember a Thursday night game against the Browns in Cleveland in 1986.  On one drive they gave him the ball something like 8 times in a row, all up the middle.  He tore them a new one and ended up scoring.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 01:56 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I'm not sure you could call James Francis obscure.....he was actually pretty good on some really bad teams....and Harold Green did have one pretty good season....but the rest for sure.

How about Truck 101's all time fave, Ryan Whalen?

He's still going to other teams' TCs, so I see him kicking around here and there.

People putting first round picks that played for 8 years and quite who were quite good... SMH.

I'm glad Tuten got the mention.

Anyways, here are my two:

Bryan DeMarco (read up on his story)
Ramondo Stallings
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 04:11 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He's still going to other teams' TCs, so I see him kicking around here and there.

People putting first round picks that played for 8 years and quite who were quite good... SMH.

I'm glad Tuten got the mention.

Anyways, here are my two:

Bryan DeMarco (read up on his story)
Ramondo Stallings

Had to give ya shout out on that one homie. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I guess I was thinking of good players who have become "obscure" because they have faded from memory. That is why I mentioned a couple of guys who played a lot but were never "big names" in Bengal history.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 07:33 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Jason Shirley
Bernard Scott

Jeeze, I really disliked the Shirley pick from the moment it was made. People were hyping him up as some kind of superhero. The next year, he had to switch to OL just to have a shot to make the team. He makes one pancake block against a scrub and people were clamoring for him to start. He proceeded to look like garbage for the rest of the preseason and was cut.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Blue Adams.
Reply/Quote
Darnay Scott - I thought he was going to be the next Carl Pickens.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 05:08 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Deltha O'Neal and Tory James:  Brett Favre threw five interceptions against them in 2005.

we picked off every nfcn QB 5 times that year I believe.

okay...

Tom Nelson
Chris Pressley
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 05:20 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Jeeze, I really disliked the Shirley pick from the moment it was made. People were hyping him up as some kind of superhero. The next year, he had to switch to OL just to have a shot to make the team. He makes one pancake block against a scrub and people were clamoring for him to start. He proceeded to look like garbage for the rest of the preseason and was cut.

But SHIRLEY SMASH!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 02:08 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Reggie McNeal, Brian Milne.

Ah Brian Milne. Dude had a HOF stache.

(12-29-2016, 04:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I guess I was thinking of good players who have become "obscure" because they have faded from memory.  That is why I mentioned a couple of guys who played a lot but were never "big names" in Bengal history.

Guys that are good but forgotten? 

Tony McGee, Tory James, John Thornton, Kenny Watson, and here's a good one: Darryl Williams.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Ethan Kilmer.
Reply/Quote
Ray Griffin

Archie's brother
Reply/Quote
Rashad Jeanty - CFL LB, was tough and really hit hard

Bobbie Williams - arguably the least heralded on that '05 OL...absolute road grader, great value pick up
Reply/Quote
Jeff Query. Led our team in yards receiving in 1993 with like 650. Had a blonde mullet.
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
Brad St Louis. Ten year vet played 144 games until we canned him.
Reply/Quote
Matt Schoebel, Madeiu Williams.
Reply/Quote
Flyin' Brian Pillman and Kevin Kaesviharn.

For some reason, I have a Kaesviharn jersey.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 07:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we picked off every nfcn QB 5 times that year I believe.

okay...

Tom Nelson
Chris Pressley
Didn't Tom Nelson save somebody in a wreck on the highway?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 08:50 PM)jason Wrote: Didn't Tom Nelson save somebody in a wreck on the highway?

That was Corey Lynch. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote