Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Fun thread on obscure Bengals players
Pat McInally....he dated my wife before I did. Stole her from him. Lots of funny stories about that time period, as he also hung out with Collinsworth at the time, too. So, crossed paths with both of them several times....mostly calling each other names.

She's now my ex-wife. Should have let McInally keep her.
Reply/Quote
I guess nobody remembers Tydus.. That's ok.. I found his name on google and he only played in 2 games with 0 stats. One of the all time forgetable names.  Sorry if your name happens to be one Tydus Winans and you're reading this. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 11:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: OK, here are mine after DeDe, Query, and a few others were "stolen" before I could post:

Donald Hollas-  Third string QB with wheels the could cover kicks.

Khalid Abdullah- LB taken from Mars Hill.  Had no idea Mars Hill even existed.  

Now those are some obscure Bengals....

Hollas wasn't terrible. He actually started a few games for the Raiders as well.
Reply/Quote
I was at a "Redneck Riviera" party in South Carolina and former Bengal and Giants LB Jim Maxwell was there. Nice guy. Did NOT look like a former player but was still in good shape. He said playing for the Mara's in New York was not that different than playing for Mike Brown in Cincinnati; except for all the Championships.
Reply/Quote
Did anybody mention Derrick Fenner?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 12:06 AM)McC Wrote: Did anybody mention Derrick Fenner?

REALLY good FB that just couldn't do it here.

I used to beast with him in videogames; AI couldn't tackle him.

Ok, here are some off the top of my head, since we're all posting more than 2 lol. All from Videogames, so not sure if they indeed ever played, but I'm pretty sure they did:

Jeff Hill
Scott Brumfield
Kevin Sargent
Rod Payne
Canute Curtis
Brad Costello
James Hundon
Ken Blackman
Terrence Randolph
Bo Orlando
Greg Myers
Myron Bell
Scott Covington

Saw someone mention Darryl Williams, a couple of pages back. Darryl wasn't obscure at all, a complete baller and, IIRC, went to the PB with us.

And what was the deal with Erik Wilhelm? He was our THIRD stringer for like 7 years; how does that happen?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Don't know if he was mentioned so, Curtis Keaton.
Reply/Quote
How about Mike "Moonpie" Wilson? Barney Bussey. Sam Shade.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 12:37 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Saw someone mention Darryl Williams, a couple of pages back. Darryl wasn't obscure at all, a complete baller and, IIRC, went to the PB with us.

That was in response to Fred's request for good players who are forgotten. IMO, Williams qualifies. I've rarely seen him mentioned in 6 years around the boards. I doubt he's forgotten, he just doesn't get many mentions. Probably a 90's thing as I think Tony McGee gets forgotten way too much as well.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 03:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That was in response to Fred's request for good players who are forgotten. IMO, Williams qualifies. I've rarely seen him mentioned in 6 years around the boards. I doubt he's forgotten, he just doesn't get many mentions. Probably a 90's thing as I think Tony McGee gets forgotten way too much as well.

Gotcha, my apologies.

Definitely a 90s thing.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Armegis Spearman.

Hobson wrote a nice fluff piece on this guy saying how everyone wanted to sign him as an UDFA after the 2000 draft. Turns out he was actually pretty good before injuries got to him.
Reply/Quote
Rashad Jeanty - not sure if this guy would count as obscure, but probably so, because most people wouldn't remember this name.
Quan Cosby - I didn't keep up with what happened to this guy. Hobspin was hyping him as a punt returner and then suddenly the next year dude wasn't even on the team. Did he have a career ending injury or something?
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 01:19 PM)grampahol Wrote: I guess nobody remembers Tydus.. That's ok.. I found his name on google and he only played in 2 games with 0 stats. One of the all time forgetable names.  Sorry if your name happens to be one Tydus Winans and you're reading this. 

I vaguely remember that name. Wasn't he a WR?
Reply/Quote
Maurice Purify.
Reply/Quote
Reggie Myles
Reply/Quote
Jordan Shipley
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 06:47 PM)Ddmasterpanthera_t Wrote: Maurice Purify.

The other #14
Reply/Quote
Shoot might as well throw Kelley Washington in there. Maybe he doesn't qualify with his squirrel dance, but when they drafted him I sure thought he would become one of the best WRs in the league. Not even close.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 06:47 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Maurice Purify.
He pancaked Roy Williams during the Oklahoma drill on hard knocks if I remember correctly.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 07:28 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Shoot might as well throw Kelley Washington in there. Maybe he doesn't qualify with his squirrel dance, but when they drafted him I sure thought he would become one of the best WRs in the league. Not even close.
I thought he looked really good during his first preseason too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote