• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Fun thread on obscure Bengals players
Friend of the inlaws: Ron Simpkins.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bennie Brazell

Mike Goff
Kinda obscure due to injuries in Cincinnati and left to have a badass career in San Diego. Wish we would've kept him but I'm sure he wanted out like crazy
Reply/Quote
[quote pid='327153' dateline='1483156297']
Stanford Jennings.

Not an elite talent by any means, but I always liked the way he handled his business.
[/quote]

Ran a kickoff back for a TD in the SB.  They can never take that away from him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
WR James Hundon.
he played with Boomer Esasion in Boomers last tenure here. I think Hundon played with Jeff Blake and had a couple big games. slender WR with good speed

RB Ostell Miles
I saw the Bengals Browns in 1992 ish eh...Klinger rookie season
this game was at the old Browns stadium
Bengals march opening kickoff downfield and from the 5 or 6 they hand the ball to Ostell Miles.
I thought WHO THE HELL IS THIS GUY...YOU GOT HAROLD GREEN AND DERRICK FENNER !!!!
I don't think Miles scored another TD ever for the Bengals
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 01:13 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: Bennie Brazell

That guy could motor! Carson Palmer once said no one ever ran the "nine" route better than Bennie Brazell. Catching the ball was another story...
Reply/Quote
Who could ever forget Tydus Winans? WR 1996 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 12:58 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Friend of the inlaws: Ron Simpkins.

I actually went to school with a guy by the same name, but I highly doubt he was the same guy..about 5' nothing and weighed about that too.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Tommy Casanova

Boobie Clark
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 01:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm not sure you could call James Francis obscure.....he was actually pretty good on some really bad teams....and Harold Green did have one pretty good season....but the rest for sure.

How about Truck 101's all time fave, Ryan Whalen?

Good call. And even T Mack had his moments.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Lorenzo Neal. Bad MFer.
Reply/Quote
Eric Bieniemy.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 03:22 PM)Older Than You Wrote: Eric Bieniemy.

I was at the Giants-Bengals game in 1997 (Bengals were 1-6 at the time) and the Bengals somehow jumped out to a 21-10 lead at the half against a solid Giants team. I was seated about 6 rows from the field near the corner of the end zone where Bienemy takes a kickoff 3 yards into the end zone and starts to run. I stood up and screamed "What the ^%$# are you doing!!!" as a few of my Giant fan friends start laughing. 2 seconds later they weren't laughing as Bienemy broke free for a 102-yd TD.

Too bad the Bengals shit the bed the second half of that game. They actually played pretty well and gave the Giants defense some trouble. They scored the most points against the Giants that year at home.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 03:20 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: They let David Fulcher go because they thought Lance Gunn was going to be the next great safety.

Swing and a miss.

Kinda like Reggie Nelson and Shawn Williams..

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
One of my favorite picks ever.. .... David Pollak. Very unfortunate injury. And one of my least favorite picks ever... David Klingler
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 01:20 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Tommy Casanova

Boobie Clark

Oh, now you're just making up names  Smirk
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 04:02 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I was at the Giants-Bengals game in 1997 (Bengals were 1-6 at the time) and the Bengals somehow jumped out to a 21-10 lead at the half against a solid Giants team. I was seated about 6 rows from the field near the corner of the end zone where Bienemy takes a kickoff 3 yards into the end zone and starts to run. I stood up and screamed "What the ^%$# are you doing!!!" as a few of my Giant fan friends start laughing. 2 seconds later they weren't laughing as Bienemy broke free for a 102-yd TD.

Too bad the Bengals shit the bed the second half of that game. They actually played pretty well and gave the Giants defense some trouble. They scored the most points against the Giants that year at home.

I always liked Eric as Corey's backup. Nice one two punch, when he actually got to play.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Does anyone remember the name of that linebacker we signed off the street in 07 when all our linebackers where hurt... He came in played like a boss(for coming in off the street)  and tore his Achilles the same game.

oh he played 4 games... or was here for 4
Lemar Marshall

Anthony Schlegel?

Here's another obscure one:

Charles Fisher
Reply/Quote
Tommy Casanova wasn't obscure, whoever mentioned him.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 08:04 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: Jeff Query. Led our team in yards receiving in 1993 with like 650. Had a blonde mullet.

Damn!  Stole mine and thought no one would use him
Reply/Quote
OK, here are mine after DeDe, Query, and a few others were "stolen" before I could post:

Donald Hollas- Third string QB with wheels the could cover kicks.

Khalid Abdullah- LB taken from Mars Hill. Had no idea Mars Hill even existed.

Now those are some obscure Bengals....
Reply/Quote