Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GET THAT NOBEL PRIZE READY: North Korea Bends, Releases Three American Detainees
https://www.dailywire.com/news/30172/get-nobel-prize-ready-north-korea-bends-releases-hank-berrien

This will end up being the banana in the tailpipe to the mid term elections for dems. Between the impeachment talk and Pelosi refusing to stand aside, the NK peace and denuclearization will boost trump and pro trump GOP.

Quote:GET THAT NOBEL PRIZE READY: North Korea Bends, Releases Three American Detainees
Hank BerrienMay 2, 2018

Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images
According to the Financial Times, North Korea has released three American citizens who were detained there, Business Insider reports.

Kim Dong-chul, Kim Sang-duk, and Kim Hak-song were released from a labor camp and given health treatment and ideological education in Pyongyang, the Financial Times reported.

On Sunday, National Security Advisor John Bolton asserted on CBS’ Face the Nation that releasing the citizens by North Korea would be a "demonstration of their sincerity" before the scheduled meeting between President Donald Trump and North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un.

Choi Sung-ryong, an activist who has been fighting for the release of North Korea’s political prisoners, told The Financial Times, "We heard it through our sources in North Korea late last month. We believe that Mr. Trump can take them back on the day of the US-North Korea summit or he can send an envoy to take them back to the US before the summit."

According to the South Korean newspaper Dong-a Ilbo, the detainees might have been coached to parrot the North Korean line that human-rights abuses did not occur while they were detained.
What do you think Trump will give NK to get them to "de-nuclearize"?

How much are you willing to give them?
(05-03-2018, 08:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What do you think Trump will give NK to get them to "de-nuclearize"?

How much are you willing to give them?

They can't get that far cognitively.

Just like Iran ONLY released the hostages because Reagan got elected and the Berlin Wall ONLY came down because of Reagan.  

A because of B.  that's the limit of their thought process.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Well... not asked sarcastically, what should Trump get the nobel peaze prize for at this point. Even if the Koneas find peace, it's mainly the Koreas doing that, right? Trump used sanctions (along with many others), is willing to meet (his contribution), that's a bit thin for a nobel prize. And I don't think comparing button size on twitter or explicitly calling Kim not fat and short is worthy of nobel prize consideration.

Also, maybe it's the earthquakes more than the other disasters after all: Nuclear test site destroyed?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-03-2018, 02:37 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well... not asked sarcastically, what should Trump get the nobel peaze prize for at this point. Even if the Koneas find peace, it's mainly the Koreas doing that, right? Trump used sanctions (along with many others), is willing to meet (his contribution), that's a bit thin for a nobel prize. And I don't think comparing button size on twitter or explicitly calling Kim not fat and short is worthy of nobel prize consideration.

Also, maybe it's the earthquakes more than the other disasters after all: Nuclear test site destroyed?

I dont think it's a coincidence that this is happening without Trump's blunt and nontraditional tactics. Besides you left out the part where our CIA director under Trump went to NK to meet with Rocketboy directly for a talk, something that occured just recently before the South and North meet.

Besides if someone can get it for giving uplifting campaign speeches for office, no reason the Donald shouldnt get one for this. Psst I dont think either should have one.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(05-03-2018, 02:50 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I dont think it's a coincidence that this is happening without Trump's blunt and nontraditional tactics. Besides you left out the part where our CIA director under Trump went to NK to meet with Rocketboy directly for a talk, something that occured just recently before the South and North meet.

Besides if someone can get it for giving uplifting campaign speeches for office, no reason the Donald shouldnt get one for this. Psst I dont think either should have one.

OK I agree with your last sentence. Ansd with the rest as well, probably. I don't want to take away from Trump's efforts, and if peace is sustainable he deserves a portion of credit for that as well. I just think a nobel peace prize is too big of a portion.
(05-03-2018, 09:05 AM)GMDino Wrote: They can't get that far cognitively.

Just like Iran ONLY released the hostages because Reagan got elected and the Berlin Wall ONLY came down because of Reagan.  

A because of B.  that's the limit of their thought process.

If only Trump knew how it was supposed to work, then we wouldn't have to be dealing with this nonsense of de-nucluarization and a unified peninsula. 

You know, be more cognitive. 

But there really is no call to insult members of this forum
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-03-2018, 03:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If only Trump knew how it was supposed to work, then we wouldn't have to be dealing with this nonsense of de-nucluarization and a unified peninsula. 

AS others have asked: What did "Trump" do? He called names on twitter. Everything else was already being done.

(05-03-2018, 03:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You know, be more cognitive. 

On this we agree. If he thought more and talked less he'd be much further ahead.

(05-03-2018, 03:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But there really is no call to insult members of this forum

That was a general comment on all Trump supporters who think he and he alone is responsible for the Korean talks. If it offended someone then they see themselves in that group..I didn't put them there.
(05-03-2018, 03:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: That was a general comment on all Trump supporters who think he and he alone is responsible for the Korean talks.  If it offended someone then they see themselves in that group..I didn't put them there.

So if I were to slur a group it would be their fault for putting themselves there and not mine? You cannot make up some of the things said in this forum. I'm not even sure Pat would buy this one. But enough about it. 

I have seen more movement in the last 1.5 years on the peninsula than I have over the last 50. Perhaps it's just a coincidence or perhaps Trump's words and actions have had something to do with it. 

(05-03-2018, 03:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So if I were to slur a group it would be their fault for putting themselves there and not mine? You cannot make up some of the things said in this forum. I'm not even sure Pat would buy this one. But enough about it. 

Indeed. If I say everyone who believes the earth is flat is a moron the only people who that affects are people who believe the Earth is flat. If I suggest that a group of people who believe that Trump is SOLELY responsible for the Korean peace movement cannot see the forest for the trees they are the only ones I am talking about.

"slur"

(05-03-2018, 03:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have seen more movement in the last 1.5 years on the peninsula than I have over the last 50. Perhaps it's just a coincidence or perhaps Trump's words and actions have had something to do with it. 

I said elsewhere that Trump may win this as being in the right place at the right time. Like Reagan during the fall of Communism, or the release of the Iranian hostages. Or, in an opposite sense, Bush during 9/11. Nothing they did directly caused the outcome...but they were in charge when it happened.

Which is why I focused on "solely" responsible. Personally I have seen Trump do little to "easy" anything in Korea. But I'm sure someone will point out allthe things he did while at the same time being EXTREMELY hurt that I suggested that the POTUS was clueless about how things work. Mellow
(05-03-2018, 04:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: Indeed.  If I say everyone who believes the earth is flat is a moron the only people who that affects are people who believe the Earth is flat.  If I suggest that a group of people who believe that Trump is SOLELY responsible for the Korean peace movement cannot see the forest for the trees they are the only ones I am talking about.

"slur"

I said elsewhere that Trump may win this as being in the right place at the right time.  Like Reagan during the fall of Communism, or the release of the Iranian hostages.  Or, in an opposite sense, Bush during 9/11.  Nothing they did directly caused the outcome...but they were in charge when it happened.

Which is why I focused on "solely" responsible.  Personally I have seen Trump do little to "easy" anything in Korea.  But I'm sure someone will point out allthe things he did while at the same time being EXTREMELY hurt that I suggested that the POTUS was clueless about how things work.  Mellow
As I said: Your words are there for folks to read. I'm sure most on here will give you the benefit of the doubt because they are like-minded; but it doesn't excuse your inflammatory retort filled with degradation,  

(05-03-2018, 04:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said: Your words are there for folks to read. I'm sure most on here will give you the benefit of the doubt because they are like-minded; but it doesn't excuse your inflammatory retort filled with degradation,  

If you say so.

Rock On
(05-03-2018, 02:37 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well... not asked sarcastically, what should Trump get the nobel peaze prize for at this point. Even if the Koneas find peace, it's mainly the Koreas doing that, right? Trump used sanctions (along with many others), is willing to meet (his contribution), that's a bit thin for a nobel prize. And I don't think comparing button size on twitter or explicitly calling Kim not fat and short is worthy of nobel prize consideration.

The threshold for the noble peace prize is winning an election evidently.

Also the Korea war wouldn’t be ending without Trump putting the pressure on China which forces NK to this end. Any other administration could have played tough with China and rocketman but they didn’t, they sat back and let it go. Trump made it clear we were coming with the military, including nukes if necessary if they didn’t come around tootsweet.
(05-03-2018, 02:50 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I dont think it's a coincidence that this is happening without Trump's blunt and nontraditional tactics. Besides you left out the part where our CIA director under Trump went to NK to meet with Rocketboy directly for a talk, something that occured just recently before the South and North meet.

(05-03-2018, 03:02 PM)hollodero Wrote: OK I agree with your last sentence. Ansd with the rest as well, probably. I don't want to take away from Trump's efforts, and if peace is sustainable he deserves a portion of credit for that as well. I just think a nobel peace prize is too big of a portion.

I didn’t see these before I responded. The noble peace prize is brought up because obama got his for just winning an election, it’s a joke. Just as the nobel peace prize has become.
If Porkchop actually gives up his nukes and behaves himself Drumph should get that prize and share it with Dennis Rodman.
(05-03-2018, 03:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have seen more movement in the last 1.5 years on the peninsula than I have over the last 50. Perhaps it's just a coincidence or perhaps Trump's words and actions have had something to do with it. 

I have not seen anything yet.

I know that they started shooting off a lot mor missels after Obama left office and Trump took over, but so far we have no agreement of any kind.

BTW when are these guys going to be released?
(05-03-2018, 06:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Also the Korea war wouldn’t be ending without Trump putting the pressure on China which forces NK to this end.   Any other administration could have played tough with China and rocketman but they didn’t, they sat back and let it go.  Trump made it clear we were coming with the military, including nukes if necessary if they didn’t come around tootsweet.

What will the US have to give up to "end the war"?
(05-04-2018, 09:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What will the US have to give up to "end the war"?

Maybe just less Pressure on China. Once trump started talking tariffs on China the NK stuff went into overdrive.

I don’t see us leaving the region.
(05-04-2018, 12:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Maybe just less Pressure on China.  Once trump started talking tariffs on China the NK stuff went into overdrive.

I don’t see us leaving the region.

NK won't disarm unless we do in SK.

China will not turn on NK.  There is no way in hell they want a western friendly country on their southern border.  China may assist in the negotiations but they are not going to sell out NK to help the US.
BTW where are these guys that got released?