Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP Convention Thread
I figured a thread about all the goings on would be interesting. From what I can gather from Twitter, there are a lot of moves trying to get Trump out of there. Apparently the Colorado delegation walked off the floor. The Cooch has demanded a roll call vote.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Roll call voted down. Never Trump people start yelling "Call the Roll".
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-18-2016, 05:37 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Roll call voted down. Never Trump people start yelling "Call the Roll".

I saw that. This is a lot of drama for the convention. It will be interesting to see what goes on from here. People think that was the last ditch effort of the anti-Trump people, but I have a feeling there will be more to come.

Also, I have really been cringing watching the hashtags on Twitter for this. The vitriolic rhetoric being thrown around by everyone is pretty disgusting. I can't tell you how much a word that has been banned here gets thrown around by Trump supporters and how many insults with regards to intelligence come from his detractors.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
I can't be the only one that feels like politics have really just turned into a shit show all around can I?
(07-18-2016, 05:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: I can't be the only one that feels like politics have really just turned into a shit show all around can I?

Nope.

I only saw a bit while "My Sharona" was playing...and a bunch of old people were slowly clapping their hands off-beat and swaying gently back and forth. It was painful to see.

I've never understood why political rallies have to be like a high school pep rally - let me speak loud and excitedly about an idea that has no real plan or practical chance of implementation....and watch you scream giddy approval!
--------------------------------------------------------

(07-18-2016, 05:51 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Nope.

It's not even a partisan thing it's just the whole thing is a dumpster fire. The fact we even keep this train on the tracks is almost impressive anymore.
(07-18-2016, 05:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: I can't be the only one that feels like politics have really just turned into a shit show all around can I?

No.  Ugly inside the building and outside it too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Rumor has it that Trump is going to jump a water tank on a motorcycle with a shark in the tank.
What a shame Cleveland beat out Cincy for this.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Packers fan Paul Ryan waves Steelers 'Terrible Towel' for Pennsylvania delegation

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/07/paul-ryan-terrible-towel-steelers-packers-fan-rnc-nfl

Quote:Speaker of the House Paul Ryan hails from Wisconsin and owns stock in the Green Bay Packers. But when Ryan met with a Pennsylvania delegation at the Republican National Convention on Monday, he waved a “Terrible Towel” emblematic of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

“I want to win this election so darn badly that I’m willing to do this,” Ryan said as the crowd whooped in support. Here’s video of the incident:

People who like Paul Ryan will inevitably cite this as an example of his dedication to his political party, whereas people who don’t like Paul Ryan will use it to show his willingness to sacrifice his personal values to pander. In truth, Ryan’s decision to wave a Terrible Towel says absolutely nothing about his ability to govern and presumably stems from exhaustive market research showing that the demonstration of loyalty to an NFL team makes a politician more relatable and electable.

Similarly, presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton shared a video to Twitter in February describing the experience of watching football in the Clinton household. Ryan himself has waved a Terrible Towel before, at a campaign stop in Pennsylvania while running for Vice President on Mitt Romney’s ticket in 2012.

None of it matters whatsoever, except that the allegiant type of totemism embodied both by the flaunting of a symbol like the Terrible Towel and any vitriolic responses that follow represents exactly the type of closed-minded and divisive my-team, your-team thinking that too often cripples this country’s government.

I can only imagine the people of Cleveland are definitely leaning toward Trump now.   Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
He didn't just cross divions, he crossed conferences.That's like me waving a Giants pennant. Man up and wear a Bears hat.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-18-2016, 08:31 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He didn't just cross divions, he crossed conferences.That's like me waving a Giants pennant.  Man up and wear a Bears hat.

In his defense he could say the Steelers are his AFC team.  Growing up I was a Bears and Bengals fan and a buddy of mine was a Packers and Steelers fan.  Oy, did I pick the wrong side of that argument.
Turned it off when due up was someone who makes duck whistles and Chachi for a discussion on national security.

(07-18-2016, 09:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Turned it off when due up was someone who makes duck whistles and Chachi for a discussion on national security.

Former local official Jesse White shared this today. 

[Image: 13716249_10154510396601833_4737654929242...e=582AE93E]
Good to see folks are approaching this with an open mind.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: Horse-Meme.jpg]
Now that an underwear model has joined the conversation, Rudy is on stage. Says Americans should be tired of the vicious negative campaign. Apparently he does not listen to Trump's campaign.

Only former Republican nominee present is Bob Dole. First GOP convention without a Bush in 40 years.

Rudy is blaming Gaddafi being kicked out of power on Hillary.

Melania is up.