Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones
(06-28-2016, 09:43 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Also, who is going to believe a kid who found this out via a tree? 

LOL....was thinking the same thing.

"No, really guys.  It's true.  My brother heard it from a tree - he swears it!"
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 09:43 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: As far as anyone would know, he would be a bastard of Rhaegar's, so not a Targaryen. He's still just as much of a Stark as he was before and still a male with an impressive record and proven leadership. Rhaegar probably married Lyanna, but no one knows.

Also, who is going to believe a kid who found this out via a tree? Most people aren't going to believe Jon "died" and some still probably doubt his claims that white walkers are back.

Well....when you put it that way....LOL....it isn't very believable.......but don't forget about Howland Reed who stormed the tower with Ned Stark.  He was wounded...but survived and is a witness.    And yes....Jon is still half Stark via Lyanna.........but Sansa is Neds own blood.  Wouldn't that trump Jon's claim??  (not that Sansa would fight him for it....)  

Another possibility (and a more entertaining one) would be Jon proving he is the son of "The prince of Dragons"  by sheer accident while having to deal with the Dragons first hand.  Can you imagine the "OH S%&T" expression if he were to come face to face with one...or all three?   LOL

Anyway.....How wild is that?  Wolves on one side.....and Dragon's on the other!
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 10:32 AM)JungleGal50 Wrote: Well....when you put it that way....LOL....it isn't very believable.......but don't forget about Howland Reed who stormed the tower with Ned Stark.  He was wounded...but survived and is a witness.    And yes....Jon is still half Stark via Lyanna.........but Sansa is Neds own blood.  Wouldn't that trump Jon's claim??  (not that Sansa would fight him for it....)  

Another possibility (and a more entertaining one) would be Jon proving he is the son of "The prince of Dragons"  by sheer accident while having to deal with the Dragons first hand.  Can you imagine the "OH S%&T" expression if he were to come face to face with one...or all three?   LOL

Anyway.....How wild is that?  Wolves on one side.....and Dragon's on the other!

Being Ned's trueborn should already trump Jon's claim, but the Northern lords, led by the She-Cub Lyanna Mormont, chose Jon over her. Also, if Bran shows up, he becomes the heir, though his role now is the Three Eyed Raven, so he won't be accepting his inheritance. 

The only way I'd see Reed revealing this is if Jon needed someone to believe his Targaryen claim, but I'd assume his word would be worth something. 

I wonder how that showdown will go done. No one can stop Dany but herself at this point. She is way overpowered. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 11:55 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I wonder how that showdown will go done. No one can stop Dany but herself at this point. She is way overpowered. 

This is why I believe Euron will somehow weaken Dany before she makes it to the continent. He was building a fleet for her, so his ships number should compare and he's probably savvier at sea than Dany, Grey Worm, and Tyrion combined.

Those three dragons are problematic though. I wonder if there's something that might help him out there.....
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 12:13 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: This is why I believe Euron will somehow weaken Dany before she makes it to the continent. He was building a fleet for her, so his ships number should compare and he's probably savvier at sea than Dany, Grey Worm, and Tyrion combined.

Those three dragons are problematic though. I wonder if there's something that might help him out there.....

Introducing that now without setting it up would be a bit silly. 

For those who don't know, in the books he claims to have a dragon horn, a legendary item that can control dragons. 

Now, it certainly will set him up to be a good villian and serve a real plot point, but it seems like a waste of time considering we have 13 episodes for her to arrive, fight Lannisters, and help Jon with the White Walkers. 

Reply/Quote
Any guesses as to how big the WW army is? Based on Hardhome, I'd say it's well over 20k, probably closer to 50k.

Which means Dany having 120k+ soliders, plus whatever is left of the 7 Kingdoms...could be the biggest cinematic battle ever.

While it would be interesting to see Euron wipe out 3/4 of her army, probably not going to happen. And it's convenient if that doesn't happen, because then Dany won't have to do much to unite the 7 Kingdoms because her army is at an overwhelming advantage....basically she just shows up and boots out Cersei, realizes Jon is her nephew and so pretty much everything but WW wraps in a few episodes.

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 10:01 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: LOL....was thinking the same thing.

"No, really guys.  It's true.  My brother heard it from a tree - he swears it!"

LOL...No...Bran is a Warg and a Skin Walker.  He can show people.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
In After the Thrones, a dude made a point--i'm sure most of you picked up on it and wondered like i did--you never heard Lyanna say Jon was Rhaegar's. He made the point that The Mad King had a history of producing difficult births. With Lyanna bleeding out, it gives some creedence to Jon being his. And why would they purposefully withold that info?

More twists on the way?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 10:32 AM)JungleGal50 Wrote: Well....when you put it that way....LOL....it isn't very believable.......but don't forget about Howland Reed who stormed the tower with Ned Stark.  He was wounded...but survived and is a witness.    And yes....Jon is still half Stark via Lyanna.........but Sansa is Neds own blood.  Wouldn't that trump Jon's claim??  (not that Sansa would fight him for it....)  

I see that happening with Jon too. 

I picture a scene where two armies face each other, the tiny Army of the North and Dany's conglomeration of every other human army on the planet. Before the battle, the leaders of each group go out to meet each other a la Jon and Ramsey. Jon does his "Why don't we meet in single combat?" spiel to Dany, who is conveniently sitting atop Drogon. Dany says, "Okay!", and Drogon immediately engulfs Jon (and whoever else was fool enough to ride out with him) in flames. Jon says, "Oh snap!!!", but does a Dany and doesn't burn. Dany realizes that Jon is Targareon and probably a close relative. She dismounts the dragon, jumps atop Jon and they make wild, passionate, incestuous Targareon love in front of everyone. 

Then they go "dragon" the White Walkers.

End of story.  

(06-28-2016, 11:55 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Being Ned's trueborn should already trump Jon's claim, but the Northern lords, led by the She-Cub Lyanna Mormont, chose Jon over her. Also, if Bran shows up, he becomes the heir, though his role now is the Three Eyed Raven, so he won't be accepting his inheritance. 

The only way I'd see Reed revealing this is if Jon needed someone to believe his Targaryen claim, but I'd assume his word would be worth something. 

I wonder how that showdown will go done. No one can stop Dany but herself at this point. She is way overpowered. 

I'm not sure the North's Right of Ascension laws are all that developed. In fact, from what I've seen they usually involve a dude standing up in front of all the lords in a beer hall making a bold speech about returning the North to greatness and all of the drunk lords shouting "The King of the North!" until they pass out.

(06-28-2016, 01:05 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Any guesses as to how big the WW army is?  Based on Hardhome, I'd say it's well over 20k, probably closer to 50k.

Which means Dany having 120k+ soliders, plus whatever is left of the 7 Kingdoms...could be the biggest cinematic battle ever.  

While it would be interesting to see Euron wipe out 3/4 of her army, probably not going to happen.  And it's convenient if that doesn't happen, because then Dany won't have to do much to unite the 7 Kingdoms because her army is at an overwhelming advantage....basically she just shows up and boots out Cersei, realizes Jon is her nephew and so pretty much everything but WW wraps in a few episodes.

The thing about about the WW army is that it grows after every battle unless you burn them. Even during the battle. 

Somehow, I expect that booting Cersei might not be so easy. 
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 03:18 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: a dude standing up in front of all the lords in a beer hall making a bold speech about returning the North to greatness and all of the drunk lords shouting "The King of the North!" until they pass out.

Sooooo......Drumpf?

Reply/Quote
Did anybody see where people noticed that the chandelier in the Citadel was the device that rotates in the opening credits and that the magnifying lens that zooms in on the map was the same lens that was being used by the desk clerk at the Citadel? That may mean that the final shot of the series is on of Sam Tarly or some future maester telling us that the whole series was the history of Westeros as being told to future generations.

Also, Jon and Sam already have figured out that the WW are only vulnerable to Valyrian steel or dragon glass. The wights can be killed by regular swords and arrows. So why isn't anyone trying to accumulate both dragonglass and Valyrian steel weapons for the coming battle? That must mean the dragons are going to figure heavily into the penultimate battle wit the undead.

Sansa also knows Littlefinger is lying when he said he wanted to sit on the iron throne with her by his side. But if that was so, why did he marry her off to Ramsey? And how does taking down house Bolton advance his game to the throne?
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 05:52 PM)Beaker Wrote: Did anybody see where people noticed that the chandelier in the Citadel was the device that rotates in the opening credits and that the magnifying lens that zooms in on the map was the same lens that was being used by the desk clerk at the Citadel? That may mean that the final shot of the series is on of Sam Tarly or some future maester telling us that the whole series was the history of Westeros as being told to future generations.

Going to have to rewatch that. But did notice in opening credits that Winterfell had the Stark symbol on it for the first time since it fell to the Boltons. I love little details like that and makes me appreciate the show even more.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 05:52 PM)Beaker Wrote: Did anybody see where people noticed that the chandelier in the Citadel was the device that rotates in the opening credits and that the magnifying lens that zooms in on the map was the same lens that was being used by the desk clerk at the Citadel? That may mean that the final shot of the series is on of Sam Tarly or some future maester telling us that the whole series was the history of Westeros as being told to future generations.

Also, Jon and Sam already have figured out that the WW are only vulnerable to Valyrian steel or dragon glass. The wights can be killed by regular swords and arrows. So why isn't anyone trying to accumulate both dragonglass and Valyrian steel weapons for the coming battle? That must mean the dragons are going to figure heavily into the penultimate battle wit the undead.

Sansa also knows Littlefinger is lying when he said he wanted to sit on the iron throne with her by his side. But if that was so, why did he marry her off to Ramsey? And how does taking down house Bolton advance his game to the throne?

(06-28-2016, 06:24 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Going to have to rewatch that. But did notice in opening credits that Winterfell had the Stark symbol on it for the first time since it fell to the Boltons. I love little details like that and makes me appreciate the show even more.

Excellent catch and theory. The places always changing week to week depending on inhabitants and if it's a part of the story, makes a lot of sense if it is, in fact, Sam (grandfather or great grandfather) telling a story from the past. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 03:34 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Sooooo......Drumpf?

[Image: 13532919_10157178327840249_1363386865986...e=580C6C9B]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Gotta give Cersei credit.....that was a BOSS move

Reply/Quote
Does anyone that watches this show think that there's any chance that Jaime does not kill Cersei? He kicked off the tone of the show by tossing Bran out the window, but since then it's been a consistent redemption arc. He refused to kill Eddard when it became too easy. He saved Brienne. He in turn sent Brienne to find the Stark girls. He then let her go when he had plenty of cause to kill her when he had the chance.

A lot of time is spent explaining why he made the decision to kill Aerys. By any reasonable estimation, it was a heroic act that ironically defined his reputation as a goat. I'd bet anything that he ends the show on the right side of the fight by finishing the mad queen off. It's just obvious. She did almost exactly the same thing that Jamie murdered Aerys for ordering.

He'll either die fighting the White Walkers in the final battle, or he'll live to be Lord of Casterly Rock when it's over.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 12:47 AM)samhain Wrote: Does anyone that watches this show think that there's any chance that Jaime does not kill Cersei?  He kicked off the tone of the show by tossing Bran out the window, but since then it's been a consistent redemption arc.  He refused to kill Eddard when it became too easy.  He saved Brienne.  He in turn sent Brienne to find the Stark girls.  He then let her go when he had plenty of cause to kill her when he had the chance.  

A lot of time is spent explaining why he made the decision to kill Aerys.  By any reasonable estimation, it was a heroic act that ironically defined his reputation as a goat.  I'd bet anything that he ends the show on the right side of the fight by finishing the mad queen off.  It's just obvious.  She did almost exactly the same thing that Jamie murdered Aerys for ordering.  

He'll either die fighting the White Walkers in the final battle, or he'll live to be Lord of Casterly Rock when it's over.

well I do believe that will be the end of twin love that's for sure.

I don't know about a happy ending for Jamie..  I think he doesn't last much longer than ceresi.  And she is about the bring the wrath of the south down on her.

Noticing as the dragon queen comes closer more women are in control across the land.

Didn't see the little bear island girl declaring snow king of the north but I like it.  it adds several wrinkles...  1 danny needs to marry for an alliance.  but the north is weak so I don't know if it will be jon.  But on the other hand it does complicate Littlefingers plans which puts jon in trouble.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 06:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Excellent catch and theory. The places always changing week to week depending on inhabitants and if it's a part of the story, makes a lot of sense if it is, in fact, Sam (grandfather or great grandfather) telling a story from the past. 

George RR Martin says the story isn't set to favor any house  but is suppose to be told like a recant of the history of the realm just told threw different point of views.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 02:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: In After the Thrones, a dude made a point--i'm sure most of you picked up on it and wondered like i did--you never heard Lyanna say Jon was Rhaegar's. He made the point that The Mad King had a history of producing difficult births. With Lyanna bleeding out, it gives some creedence to Jon being his. And why would they purposefully withold that info?

More twists on the way?

They haven't set up the Mad King as Tyrion's father theory in the show, despite evidence in the books, so I doubt that. They did set up "last time on GoT" which stated "Rhagaer kidnapped my aunt and raped her" (forget who said that). 

Given that one of Rhaegar's best friends is protecting this baby and that Aegon's other kids didn't receive the same protection, I'm going to say it is Rhaeger's kid and not Aegon. 

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 02:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: In After the Thrones, a dude made a point--i'm sure most of you picked up on it and wondered like i did--you never heard Lyanna say Jon was Rhaegar's. He made the point that The Mad King had a history of producing difficult births. With Lyanna bleeding out, it gives some creedence to Jon being his. And why would they purposefully withold that info?

More twists on the way?

the targ bloodline had a history of difficult births probly due to all the incest.   But the mad king had a history of sleeping with his lords wives..  Lyanna was never linked to or had time alone with the mad king.  She rode away with Rhaeger a year after the tourney of harrenhal.  she was betrothed to Robert who was already whoring himself around the realm.   

Eddard never believed lyanna was raped or kidnapped.  he knew rheager and what type of man he was.   And the targs had a history or taking multiple wives so its very possible that was done before they went off together.

You don't get to hear but its common knownledge.  Jon is a targ that's what she was afraid she knew what Robert whould do to jon if he ever found out.. Not because jon was a targ  but because she was Roberts betroved...  and for somereason Robert a man who couldn't keep it in his pants had jealously issues.  

Tryon being the mad kings possibly makes sense but jon in no way is there any connections to that.

You gotta remember child birth is a pretty common way to die in this world. complicated births happen all the time

Quote:They haven't set up the Mad King as Tyrion's father theory in the show, despite evidence in the books, so I doubt that. They did set up "last time on GoT" which stated "Rhagaer kidnapped my aunt and raped her" (forget who said that).

Given that one of Rhaegar's best friends is protecting this baby and that Aegon's other kids didn't receive the same protection, I'm going to say it is Rhaeger's kid and not Aegon.

the fact there are 3 kingsgaurd guarding a house with no known royalty points to the likeliness rheager and lyanna got married. (would they stay to protect the sister of a traitor?)

in the books his best friend (the Connington) is protecting Baby Aegon Rheagers oldest son.
Reply/Quote