Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Gas Prices Near You?
These are all within about a mile from me:

[Image: 285540618_10224124299107864_220420355277...e=629CDAFA]

How are they near you?

Even if you can afford to drive to the grocery store, are grocery prices as high as they are here?

If you voted for Biden, are you still happy?
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 01:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: These are all within about a mile from me:

How are they near you?

Even if you can afford to drive to the grocery store, are grocery prices as high as they are here?

Gas prices just crossed the $4 mark near me in Oklahoma. I am underwhelmed by Biden's performance but a few of these issues aren't entirely his fault, gas prices being one. It's a lazy talking point to pin that on him, the commodity market for oil and NGLs is a global market and is complex. The current price situation isn't Biden's doing. 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 01:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: These are all within about a mile from me:

How are they near you?

You said you were a millionaire ? You go full circle for a dollar for gas ? 

Damn rich people always complaining.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 01:51 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Gas prices just crossed the $4 mark near me in Oklahoma. I am underwhelmed by Biden's performance but a few of these issues aren't entirely his fault, gas prices being one. It's a lazy talking point to pin that on him, the commodity market for oil and NGLs is a global market and is complex. The current price situation isn't Biden's doing. 
Cancelling the Keystone Pipeline could be pointed at him.

Our country being such a shit-show right now means that oil companies can raise the prices and there's not a damn thing we can really do about it can be pointed at him.
(06-01-2022, 02:00 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: You said you were a millionaire ? You go full circle for a dollar for gas ? 

Damn rich people always complaining.

When did I say I was a millionaire?

Millionaires won't be millionaires for long with the cost of gas, groceries, and other everyday items.

Even the people who are millionaires aren't worth as much as the normal millionaire because of inflation.
Reply/Quote
Hovering between $4.50 and $4.80 in CT. But my family has been relying more on the EV than the gas car, it's a tighter fit, but about 1/8 the cost for fuel.

Feel free to keep the hate-boner for Biden, but it's been well documented in many threads that he has little to do with it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
JFC. Oil and gas prices are high across the globe, yet it's Biden's fault.

[Image: brain_worms_wallpaper____leonlush_by_omn...1iSqv6pQ54]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Get used to it for awhile,  but look on the bright side of things.  We still have among the lowest fuel prices compared to the rest of the world, even big oil producing countries. Gasoline or petrol depending  on the local terminology is usually heavily subsidized elsewhere, but here it's just cheaper per capita than the rest of the developed world. Even better is we're not going to run out of it while nearly all of Europe? They're screwed and they're relatively rich.. There's not a lot of oil in Europe save for Norway and parts of the UK. They still don't produce enough for those two countries and be able to export a lot elsewhere much less the rest of Europe. 
We here in the US produce enough oil to keep the lights on and keep the trucks and cars rolling rolling rolling..AND an overabundance of gas to heat our homes and run our factories through not only the gas and oil fields, but the HUGE shale deposits from NY to Texas.. 
Keep things in perspective. Globalization is dead and apt to stay dead so China's done and Russia will soon be done too as soon as next winter when the pipes freeze and they will from the lack of flow in them to Europe. China can't build new pipelines fast enough and don't have the expertise and neither does Russia since it was our oil companies that did their drilling and built their infrastructure in the first place..They all packed up and came home..
If you're under the age of say...50 you're future looks bright. The rest of the world is screwed and the United States military is not going to play global cop to keep globalization going. We can and will produce most everything here at home and what we can't we will use our huge military to pressure whoever has it to sell to us cheap.. 
The demographics for the rest of the world pretty much sucks. Our own demographics are in pretty good shape for the foreseeable future. Don't sweat highish gas prices. It's a hell of a lot worse everywhere else and headed straight to the sh+tter for them.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Gas prices near me? Way too much.. On a positive note, I typically drive less than 20 miles per day since I've moved back to small town Ohio.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 01:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If you voted for Biden, are you still happy?

Just one thread away in this very forum, I explain at great length with data and graphs and information, how oil prices work, and that the POTUS Republican or Democrat, has no ability to affect them (as all efforts by Biden's have shown) - http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Oil?pid=1185360#pid1185360

Biden can be rightfully accused for not supporting our industry, and in fact of actively trying to damage it, but he is not to blame for high oil prices nor can he do a thing about it in the short term.  Nor can anyone else for that matter.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 02:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Cancelling the Keystone Pipeline could be pointed at him.

Our country being such a shit-show right now means that oil companies can raise the prices and there's not a damn thing we can really do about it can be pointed at him.

Millionaires won't be millionaires for long with the cost of gas, groceries, and other everyday items.

Even the people who are millionaires aren't worth as much as the normal millionaire because of inflation.

Get out of here with your keystone nonsense.  It should have never been proposed in the first place much less started because it's filthy oil very expensive to refine so it would have NEVER cost a penny less at the gas pump. If anything it would have run the price up through the roof and it says nothing about the environmental impact which would have devastated huge areas of prime farmland..A spill would have been even worse to render that farmland useless for growing anything for generations to come..
Keystone was from the same people who wouldn't let you lick sh*t from their boots if you were starving to death..It was a construction toy to generate temporary jobs for votes and NOT to lower gasoline prices.. end of story..  
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 02:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Cancelling the Keystone Pipeline could be pointed at him.

Yes you did. 

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-I-Lost-A-Lot-Of-Money-Today?pid=1030920#pid1030920 

Stop being greedy. It's a sin.

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.

Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys.

For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”

Bless Joe Biden, he's leading you to the kingdom of God ! You'll thank him in the afterlife.

https://www.openbible.info/topics/rich_people

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 02:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Gas prices near me?  Way too much..  On a positive note, I typically drive less than 20 miles per day since I've moved back to small town Ohio.

I drive less than 20 miles a week now..minus dumb doctors appointments and such.. minus or plus?  Hmmm.. I always get that confused .. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 03:05 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Yes you did. 

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-I-Lost-A-Lot-Of-Money-Today?pid=1030920#pid1030920 

Stop being greedy. It's a sin.

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.

Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys.

For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”

Bless Joe Biden, he's leading you to the kingdom of God ! You'll thank him in the afterlife.

https://www.openbible.info/topics/rich_people

I said I wasn't a millionaire anymore. 

Technically, I never was since it's in a trust and can't be used for things like gas.

However, since you contradicted yourself in the first sentence with that link, I stopped even reading because it was obviously all just false rhetoric. 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 03:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I said I wasn't a millionaire anymore. 

Technically, I never was since it's in a trust and can't be used for things like gas.

However, since you contradicted yourself in the first sentence with that link, I stopped even reading because it was obviously all just false rhetoric. 

Thanks for the laugh. 

Yeah stop reading. I have a better memory than you.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-I-Lost-A-Lot-Of-Money-Today?pid=1030953#pid1030953

Back up over it, barely ...

Reply/Quote
So we're just ignoring every other topic on here to rant and rave about something COMPLETELY RELATED to an open and active topic?

Well **** Joe Biden (see - I'm an adult and say what I mean and don't try to be as clever as a third grader).
Reply/Quote

Cancelling the Keystone doesn't affect the current commodity prices. The Keystone XL wasn't operational and wasn't affecting supply. Oil companies aren't raising prices due to the "shit-show" of the country. The market is reflecting the equilibrium price due to supply/demand and the Russian sanctions. I am an analyst for an oil company, Biden's policies are not causing the high prices that we see. The United States is currently ramping up production continuously and we are expected to be producing an ATH amount of barrels by 2023. 

Future high prices could potentially be blamed on Biden, but the current pricing situation simply isn't his fault.  
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 03:39 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Cancelling the Keystone doesn't affect the current commodity prices. The Keystone XL wasn't operational and wasn't affecting supply. Oil companies aren't raising prices due to the "shit-show" of the country. The market is reflecting the equilibrium price due to supply/demand and the Russian sanctions. I am an analyst for an oil company, Biden's policies are not causing the high prices that we see. The United States is currently ramping up production continuously and we are expected to be producing an ATH amount of barrels by 2023. 

Future high prices could potentially be blamed on Biden, but the current pricing situation simply isn't his fault.  

What does ATH amount mean?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 03:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What does ATH amount mean?

Sorry, all time high. 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 03:39 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Cancelling the Keystone doesn't affect the current commodity prices. The Keystone XL wasn't operational and wasn't affecting supply. Oil companies aren't raising prices due to the "shit-show" of the country. The market is reflecting the equilibrium price due to supply/demand and the Russian sanctions. I am an analyst for an oil company, Biden's policies are not causing the high prices that we see. The United States is currently ramping up production continuously and we are expected to be producing an ATH amount of barrels by 2023. 

Biden stopped importing oil from Russia. That caused a raise in prices.

Inflation also causes a rise in gas prices.

I just saw a Facebook post from a friend at a gas station a few miles away with the price at 4.69 a gallon.

Cancelling the pipeline doesn't affect current prices, but think about how much impact it will have on future prices.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 04:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Biden stopped importing oil from Russia. That caused a raise in prices.

Inflation also causes a rise in gas prices.

I just saw a Facebook post from a friend at a gas station a few miles away with the price at 4.69 a gallon.

Cancelling the pipeline doesn't affect current prices, but think about how much impact it will have on future prices.

Due to the invasion of Ukraine, yes. Gas prices were already high at that point, though. That made them go higher. To be clear, most of the world stopped importing oil from Russia, not just the United States. The energy commodity market is a global market, not a U.S. market. There are high prices across the globe right now, Europe, NA, Asia etc.  

Cancelling the pipeline could influence future prices, yes, but not in a significant manner. Not alone. Again, the U.S. is on track to be producing an all-time high barrels per day by 2023. Production is being ramped up, but it is slow. When COVID hit, demand tanked so production was slashed. It is much easier to cut production than to ramp it back up. Demand recovered much better than anticipated and production has yet to match. The fundamental issue is a supply/demand issue.

I am in our weekly supply & demand meetings and none of our traders or analysts, physical or derivative, are blaming Biden or even discussing his policies during these meetings. The topics are always the same; instability in Europe due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine and lingering supply issues. This isn't to say that Biden is friendly towards O&G, but he doesn't have the power to influence a market like that. 
Reply/Quote