Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Generation Snowflake
"Generation Snowflake" would be a much better name for the generation where the white majority made laws to keep black people away from them.
(06-09-2016, 10:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: https://www.thesun.co.uk/uncategorized/1254262/meet-generation-snowflake-the-hysterical-modern-kids-who-cant-cope-with-being-offended/

Amazing where we have gone.   

I wish you would not post in such large font.  Makes it hard for you to read, or so I've been told.

As to the "point" of the article:

I guess this falls on their parents for not raising "proper" children?

After all we are the result of our upbringing.

Also for a guy who can't even type the word "transgender" to complain about "trigger warnings" and "safe places" is HILARIOUS!

ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-11-2016, 08:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: I wish you would not post in such large font.  Makes it hard for you to read, or so I've been told.

As to the "point" of the article:

I guess this falls on their parents for not raising "proper" children?

After all we are the result of our upbringing.

Also for a guy who can't even type the word "transgender" to complain about "trigger warnings" and "safe places" is HILARIOUS!

ThumbsUp

I can't use normal language or words because so many others have to run for their safe space.   Wouldn't matter what word I use .... When I post on that topic it's a "trigger warning" for all the RWK's of generation snowflake.  

How about everyone just get over any word I use on this topic.    Heck it's hilarious you complain about no word lol 
(06-10-2016, 02:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "Generation Snowflake" would be a much better name for the generation where the white majority made laws to keep black people away from them.

That's already got a name.... The progressive era 
(06-11-2016, 10:16 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I can't use normal language or words because so many others have to run for their safe space.   Wouldn't matter what word I use .... When I post on that topic it's a "trigger warning" for all the RWK's of generation snowflake.  

How about everyone just get over any word I use on this topic.    Heck it's hilarious you complain about no word lol 

Hilarious

Parrot.

(06-11-2016, 10:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: Hilarious

Parrot.

Well glad you are coming around that these terms are all ridiculous.   

We should start taking words off the ninja ban and filter list.   
(06-12-2016, 01:17 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well glad you are coming around that these terms are all ridiculous.   

We should start taking words off the ninja ban and filter list.   

Oh I love people who don't get irony.

You just parrot terms and think you're smart.

It is hilarious!

Even gorillas that learn sign language understand what words they are using and don't just throw a bunch into a sentence and expect it make sense.
Did anyone address my post about how toilets, married couples in the same bed, and sesame street were once deemed offensive? Or are we just going to sit here and act like this generation is the first to get all whiney about stuff?

Ain't nothin new, folks. Same ol' wine...brand new bottle.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-13-2016, 02:58 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Did anyone address my post about how toilets, married couples in the same bed, and sesame street were once deemed offensive?  Or are we just going to sit here and act like this generation is the first to get all whiney about stuff?

Ain't nothin new, folks.  Same ol' wine...brand new bottle.

No good points get discussed.  Just the true definition of words and talking points.

Are you new here?

Smirk
I mean you can focus on the negative aspects, but the reality is that each new generation is pushing the boundaries of human potential. Kids these days seem so bright and their understanding of math and science is becoming more advanced by the year. Overall I'm very excited about the future of out world.
(06-13-2016, 10:57 AM)treee Wrote: I mean you can focus on the negative aspects, but the reality is that each new generation is pushing the boundaries of human potential.  Kids these days seem so bright and their understanding of math and science is becoming more advanced by the year. Overall I'm very excited about the future of out world.

They are smarter but they are also not tougher.  The lack of mental toughness is a problem.    
(06-10-2016, 09:34 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, everyone is a racist to an extent.

In all honesty I find it interesting that society has seemingly decided to move to the extremes in a number of different facets over the years rather than finding a more moderate approach to things. What I mean by this is that you have those that get offended easily and look for ridiculous ways to create a protective bubble around themselves. Then you have those that they are trying to protect themselves from that tend to not care about respecting other people just because they are people.

I personally just like the idea of showing respect. I falter with it sometimes, no one is perfect, but that's just my goal. Respect other people because we all deserve to be treated with respect.

Showing respect is dependent upon the person being respected or not. Whether anyone likes it or not respect is earned. Nobody automatically deserves respect just for being alive.
Generally speaking I'm very respectful, but there are many people who simply do not deserve to be respected. We can all earn respect and on the same hand we can also lose respect much easier than earn it.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

(06-13-2016, 07:08 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They are smarter but they are also not tougher.  The lack of mental toughness is a problem.    

Probably just need a good punch in the face by a bully.

Well everyone except your daughters.

Right?
(06-13-2016, 07:26 PM)grampahol Wrote: Showing respect is dependent upon the person being respected or not. Whether anyone likes it or not respect is earned. Nobody automatically deserves respect just for being alive.
Generally speaking I'm very respectful, but there are many people who simply do not deserve to be respected. We can all earn respect and on the same hand we can also lose respect much easier than earn it.

See, I think the idea that respect must be earned is part of the problem with how we interact with each other. We should respect every person from the get go. Respect should be something to be lost, not earned. Just my two cents.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-13-2016, 10:00 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: See, I think the idea that respect must be earned is part of the problem with how we interact with each other. We should respect every person from the get go. Respect should be something to be lost, not earned. Just my two cents.

I wonder how many times I can rep this?
(06-13-2016, 09:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: Probably just need a good punch in the face by a bully.

Well everyone except your daughters.

Right?

Everyone needs a punch in the face .  Whether it be a physical punch is another thing.   Everyone needs to feel intimidated at some point in their life because they need to know how they will respond when they are backed into a corner.   It's a critical life lesson that generation snowflake is missing out.   

And yes I want my daughters to feel intimidated and scared so they know they can always overcome anything that scares them.   

I probably do not do what's necessary to push them to great things.   But I can't bring myself to be that type of father.   I love them too much. 
(06-13-2016, 10:00 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: See, I think the idea that respect must be earned is part of the problem with how we interact with each other. We should respect every person from the get go. Respect should be something to be lost, not earned. Just my two cents.

No one respects weak people.  

The fact that you do just proves that you dont understand the concept of respect.   

You earn respect.  By definition it's earned...  

Quote:a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements
(06-13-2016, 11:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Everyone needs a punch in the face .  Whether it be a physical punch is another thing.   Everyone needs to feel intimidated at some point in their life because they need to know how they will respond when they are backed into a corner.   It's a critical life lesson that generation snowflake is missing out.   

And yes I want my daughters to feel intimidated and scared so they know they can always overcome anything that scares them.   

I probably do not do what's necessary to push them to great things.   But I can't bring myself to be that type of father.   I love them too much. 

But don't let a guy in a dress in the bathroom with them.

Hypocrite.
(06-13-2016, 11:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No one respects weak people.  

The fact that you do just proves that you dont understand the concept of respect.   

I somewhat disagree with you here.
Different people have different strengths.
Weak would be quite a subjective term.
Let's say a docile guy took a punch and scurried off, only to bide his time until he could audit his bully through his position at the IRS.
Would that person be weak ?
Or..... would they be wise in knowing their limitations ?
Adversity is important to shape people.
The ways we deal with it are vast.

I agree with Matt, for the most part.
I afford respect, until someone gives me a reason not to (which could very well be a sideways look).

(06-13-2016, 11:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No one respects weak people.  

I think this is one for the semantics police. I don't automatically respect anyone I meet. This is not to say I don't not extend to them ever courtesy and treat them with the decency required of any human being. Perhaps people would refer to this as "Treating with respect". 

I will say there are things that will automatically make me respect you. One of those is nothing more than being my elder. Others may include wearing your work uniform, I see you performing an act of humanity/charity, ect...

I just don't look at a dude walking down the street and say "I respect that guy". I will treat him with respect until he shows me he is not worthy of it or I will respect him once he earns it.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]