• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Geno Stone plans to sign with the Bengals
Solid pickup.

Now what to do with Dax Hill...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Heart 
Quote:The #Bengals are signing former #Ravens safety Geno Stone, per @Schultz_Report. The former 7th-round pick had an AFC-leading 7 INTs this past

Tiger Who Dey
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The #Bengals are signing safety Geno Stone to a 2-year, $15M deal with a $6M signing bonus.
Reply/Quote
Love it man, make the Ravens weaker and the Bengals stronger. Stone is a ballhawk and should help our youth big time.
Reply/Quote
Crap I just asked about him on the free agency thread two minutes ago.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 05:30 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Solid pickup.

Now what to do with Dax Hill...

Exactly.

Maybe since Hilton is on the last year of his deal and would free up $6.5 mill in cap, they could move on from him and let Hill become the new starting nickel.
That's about the best I can think of for Hill, or they move Hill to SS and demote Battle.

Hill was primarily a nickel CB and SS in college, but he was rangy and fast so the thought was he had the chops to become a single high FS.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 05:32 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The #Bengals are signing safety Geno Stone to a 2-year, $15M deal with a $6M signing bonus.

Surprised he was that cheap for a dude that had 7 interceptions last year and is a good tackler. This guy could really help Dax and Battle 
along with the Corners. If we can bring in a DT and Kendall Fuller our Defense is upgraded by a good amount and we can use Dax where 
he is the most comfortable as a Nickle Safety and a Slot Corner at times and even WILL backer on passing downs so we can get Pratt off
the field. I think if Pratt proved one thing last year, is he is not a 3 down LB.
Reply/Quote
Like this signing. Was he the safety some other board member had mentioned the coaching staff liked his ability to make the dec backfield calls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 05:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love it man, make the Ravens weaker and the Bengals stronger. Stone is a ballhawk and should help our youth big time.

PFF's best Zone Coverage Safety

7 INTs (2nd in league)
0.25 yards per coverage (4th)
84.9 Coverage Grade

Tiger Who Dey
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 05:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Exactly.

Maybe since Hilton is on the last year of his deal and would free up $6.5 mill in cap, they could move on from him and let Hill become the new starting nickel.
That's about the best I can think of for Hill, or they move Hill to SS and demote Battle.

Hill was primarily a nickel CB and SS in college, but he was rangy and fast so the thought was he had the chops to become a single high FS.

People will shit on me for saying this, but that would be an EXTREMELY disappointing outcome for a first-round pick. Drafting a guy, having him fail at safety, and then (possibly) getting one productive year out of him (a slot corner, at that) is not good. That's a bust of a pick. 
Reply/Quote
This is indeed the guy the defensive coaches wanted with regard to making the alignment calls and also is a response to all the explosive plays last season from players out of position. New "QB" for the back 7.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 05:38 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: People will shit on me for saying this, but that would be an EXTREMELY disappointing outcome for a first-round pick. Drafting a guy, having him fail at safety, and then (possibly) getting one productive year out of him (a slot corner, at that) is not good. That's a bust of a pick. 

Well Hill has 3 more years left if you include 5th year option, so he realistically has 2-3 years to turn into something.
I wouldn't necessarily call him a bust just yet.
I will though if he's not established himself after this season, as they will have to make decision on 5th year option next offseason.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Reading he misses tackles (missing 19% of tackle opportunities this season.per PFF), is poor against the run, poor in the box, and may be cashing in on a non-repeatable 7 pick season.

Though to be fair, he had career high picks 7 vs 1, and PD's, 9 vs 1, so maybe he is coming into his own.

The Ravens front 7 were fairly nasty, which could only have helped.

Not saying I am against the pick, but more wary.

All in all, upgrades the secondary and gets Nick Scott out the door. Good signing.
Reply/Quote
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2024/3/11/24097771/geno-stone-bengals-ravens-nfl-free-agency-2024
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 05:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love it man, make the Ravens weaker and the Bengals stronger. Stone is a ballhawk and should help our youth big time.

I've been calling that one for a minute glad they made it happen Rock On
Reply/Quote
PFF Page:

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/geno-stone/55967

Overall scored a 72 which is considered pretty damn good.
Reply/Quote

FWIW, Geno Stone may be just a 1-year wonder.
The first 3 years with BAL, he had just 1 INT and 2 PDs across 34 games (8 starts).

I hope he gets a lot of INTs as a Bengal, but I'm not confident he'll be a 5+ INT guy on a consistent basis through his time here.
I'm thinking more in the 2-3 a season range.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Geno was more up their speed (contractually). They've gotten a good look at him so if they see something I trust whatever it is they see more than the Scott signing.

The Ravens message board will tell you all you need to know about the signing....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 05:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: FWIW, Geno Stone may be just a 1-year wonder.
The first 3 years with BAL, he had just 1 INT and 2 PDs across 34 games (8 starts).

I hope he gets a lot of INTs as a Bengal, but I'm not confident he'll be a 5+ INT guy on a consistent basis through his time here.
I'm thinking more in the 2-3 a season range.

I don't care if he has zero interceptions as long as we dont give up five 40 yard pass plays a game like last year.  
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 05:43 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: PFF Page:

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/geno-stone/55967

Overall scored a 72 which is considered pretty damn good.

That's primarily due to his coverage score, which was 84.9 (elite).
He was horrendous against the run (33.1).

Hopefully he doesn't keep up that run defense trend, as the rest of the AFC North is far better in the run game than the Bengals.
Gonna need someone who can defend the run, not just the pass.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote