Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Zimmerman slams 'baboon' Obama after Virginia shooting
(08-30-2015, 01:29 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why should it be on us if you equate blacks with ape/monkey?  I don't make that connection, and really not sure why you do either.

It's not. The point is there is a long history of racism directed at black people using monkey imagery and comparisons. It's rooted in the eugenics movement that once claimed black people were biologically inferior and closer to monkeys.

Showing a picture that compares W to a chimp doesn't somehow erase a common racist theme that has existed for well over 200 years.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-30-2015, 01:35 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's not. The point is there is a long history of racism directed at black people using monkey imagery and comparisons. It's rooted in the eugenics movement that once claimed black people were biologically inferior and closer to monkeys.

Showing a picture that compares W to a chimp doesn't somehow erase a common racist theme that has existed for well over 200 years.

Oh so now you want to bring up the eugenics movement. Funny how you pick and choose your moments.

And btw I know the history of what people were called. I haven't heard a black person being called a monkey in forever. Maybe it's more common where you live.
(08-30-2015, 01:35 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's not. The point is there is a long history of racism directed at black people using monkey imagery and comparisons. It's rooted in the eugenics movement that once claimed black people were biologically inferior and closer to monkeys.

Yep. The application of the word in this context should be enough reason to not use it, regardless of an individual(s) instance that it's not seen that way.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(08-29-2015, 06:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Actually, you and GMdino are wrong on this.  It does change the case, in hindsight at least.  It confirms everything people like me said about Zimmerman from the beginning.  At the time of the trial this may have been speculation, it's now fact.

It does not change the case in any way shape or form.
To begin with, if you people didn't have your panties rolled up over the word "baboon", then perhaps wouldn't have missed those other little details in Zim's tweets, such as  calling Obama a racist, and blaming Obama of racially dividing this county. He called Obama a baboon because he hates him.

Then you have this...
http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/07/so-you-think-you-know-the-truth-about-george-zimmerman/

Obama is a baboon. His wife is a baboon. Hate them both.
(08-30-2015, 03:30 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: It does not change the case in any way shape or form.
To begin with, if you people didn't have your panties rolled up over the word "baboon", then perhaps wouldn't have missed those other little details in Zim's tweets, such as  calling Obama a racist, and blaming Obama of racially dividing this county. He called Obama a baboon because he hates him.

Then you have this...
http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/07/so-you-think-you-know-the-truth-about-george-zimmerman/

Obama is a baboon. His wife is a baboon. Hate them both.

This is going to be funny LOL
(08-30-2015, 01:29 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why should it be on us if you equate blacks with ape/monkey?  I don't make that connection, and really not sure why you do either.

If this is true, and I doubt it because you're a ridiculous troll, then you're less intelligent then I previously thought.  Which is saying something.

(08-30-2015, 01:42 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Oh so now you want to bring up the eugenics movement.    Funny how you pick and choose your moments.  

And btw I know the history of what people were called.  I haven't heard a black person being called a monkey in forever.   Maybe it's more common where you live.

You just "heard" one being called a monkey in this thread.  He's bringing up a fact, not beating his pet drum for the nteenth thread.  Let's try an experiment, I'll help you by filming it.  You go up to ten white people and call them a monkey.  Then you go up to ten black people and call them a monkey.  I'm willing to bet the responses you get will differ greatly between the two groups. 
(08-30-2015, 11:34 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If this is true, and I doubt it because you're a ridiculous troll, then you're less intelligent then I previously thought.  Which is saying something.

You just "heard" one being called a monkey in this thread.  He's bringing up a fact, not beating his pet drum for the nteenth thread.  Let's try an experiment, I'll help you by filming it.  You go up to ten white people and call them a monkey.  Then you go up to ten black people and call them a monkey.  I'm willing to bet the responses you get will differ greatly between the two groups. 

I would say that the only thing that your scenario would prove is that what is said is outweighed by who says it.  
(08-30-2015, 01:26 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not sure why any of these guys find this hard to believe.   Whatever he says on Twitter about anything still doesn't change the fact that the laws protect you down here from a threat.  

Don't assault anyone in Florida unless your prepared to lose your life.    That's the only take away anyone needs.

You could also substitute "Don't walk down certain streets in Florida"... Unless your prepared to lose your life.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(08-30-2015, 12:42 PM)jason Wrote: You could also substitute "Don't walk down certain streets in Florida"... Unless your prepared to lose your life.

Well when you defend yourself your able to kill your attacker. That's the law here. And it's a good one.
(08-30-2015, 11:34 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If this is true, and I doubt it because you're a ridiculous troll, then you're less intelligent then I previously thought.  Which is saying something.

Why would I call anyone a monkey?

Bet I would get similar responses if i called them Gator lovers as well. People here get more upset if they are mistaken for UF, FSU, or UM fans than anythng else.
(08-30-2015, 01:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why would I call anyone a monkey?  

Bet I would get similar responses if i called them Gator lovers as well.   People here get more upset if they are mistaken for UF, FSU, or UM fans than anythng else.

The basis of both being, they find it offensive. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(08-30-2015, 01:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The basis of both being, they find it offensive. 

Yeah I know, apparently we are supposed to get more upset at one over the other.
(08-30-2015, 01:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well when you defend yourself your able to kill your attacker.  That's the law here.   And it's a good one.

Apparently you are allowed to do so as the aggressor as well.
(08-30-2015, 01:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well when you defend yourself your able to kill your attacker.  That's the law here.   And it's a good one.

murder ok no matter the justification.  abortion NO WAY.
you nickle dick hypocrite
(08-30-2015, 01:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why would I call anyone a monkey?

Not the point.  Again, either troll, unintelligent or both.  

Quote:Bet I would get similar responses if i called them Gator lovers as well.   People here get more upset if they are mistaken for UF, FSU, or UM fans than anythng else.

Sure you would. Rolleyes
(08-30-2015, 12:42 PM)jason Wrote: You could also substitute "Don't walk down certain streets in Florida"... Unless your prepared to lose your life.

Don't text in the movie theater in florida... unless you're prepared to lose your life.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Baboons have bright red backsides...maybe he's just more intimately connected with Obama than we all thought....
(08-30-2015, 04:15 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Baboons have bright red backsides...maybe he's just more intimately connected with Obama than we all thought....

You just had to use the word "connected", didn't you ?
Not a pretty picture to imagine.
Sick
(08-30-2015, 08:25 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: You just had to use the word "connected", didn't you ?
Not a pretty picture to imagine.
Sick

I wish he would have said "butts" instead of "backsides". It sounds funnier.

(08-30-2015, 08:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wish he would have said "butts" instead of "backsides". It sounds funnier.

Or "posterior"...
Pervert