Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Get Burrow a real Oline!!!
(01-30-2023, 12:31 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 3 guys were out. Hard to overcome that.

Sometimes injuries get you.

Correct. We saw what happened to Mahomes in that Super Bowl against Tampa when his OL got banged up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:37 AM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: Does Carman now take over for Jonah ? He held up well tonight.
I’m tired of seeing Joe running for his life all the time.

I think you give Carman a chance and you look to upgrade the LG and RT spot in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:31 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 3 guys were out. Hard to overcome that.

Sometimes injuries get you.

Dump Collins and Williams they both suck, and get two good tackles. Build the line , and this team will be great. Because Williams and Collins are junk.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:38 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Volson is better than Jonah at their respective positions. Jonah was easily our worst lineman of the starting 5.

Jonah is a 4 year vet who has struggled his entire career.  Volson a rookie has been meh.. 
the difference is experience.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Could Williams play R.T.? Collins going to out half the season next year. I would move Jonah to R.T. and leave CarMAN at LT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:38 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Volson is better than Jonah at their respective positions. Jonah was easily our worst lineman of the starting 5.

If you put any stock in PFF, it's not really close.

WTS, maybe Jonah can be the upgrade at LG 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Yeah it sucks that we had 3 guys out but even then there are no Pro Bowlers/All Pros on the line like the SB teams have.

They need some elite talent not just starting level players up front. You can have a few solid good guys but you need an elite lineman or two, also. They don’t grow on trees and I don’t have a magic solution but they still need major O line upgrades eleven at the expense of losing a guy like Higgins
Reply/Quote
Adeniji was the single biggest problem tonight on the line. He got beat like a drum all night.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:40 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I think you give Carman a chance and you look to upgrade the LG and RT spot in free agency.

You roll with Volson at LG and try to make some kind of splash at RT. Swap LC out for someone more reliable.

Can't lost Pratt AND Bates this offseason.
Reply/Quote

Volson and Collins were both worse.  
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:41 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Could Williams play R.T.?  Collins going to out half the season next year.  I would move Jonah to R.T. and leave CarMAN at LT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Move Jonah out of town he is terrible. i think he let up more sacks than other tackle in the league.
Reply/Quote
If we don't have an elite O-line, we will continue to be in the playoff but cannot reach the trophy. Philly, KC, and SF all have it. Look at Mahomes against the Bucs with elite weapons but bad OL, they got blown out. I don't mind if we only have Chase and above average WRs/TE core, but we need an elite O-line. Seeing the OL today and even if we reach the SB with Cappa back, we just can't win against Philly DL.
Reply/Quote
RT certainly needs addressed. Collins struggled in pass protection. Adeniji played like Adeniji. You have to get better at RT.

Jonah gave up a league high number of sacks. LT needs addressed although I think Carman looked much better and maybe you give him the chance.

Volson is only a rookie but he is still pretty bad. LG needs addressed. You cant wait a few years and hope he gets better.

If Burrow had Mahomes Oline, we win this one easily. Its hard to play well when your Oline is always getting dominated
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:31 AM)casear2727 Wrote:  LC wont be ready.

His injury is that bad? He want be able to play 6 or 7 months from now?
Reply/Quote
Carman should start at LT and Jonah should move to RT.
Reply/Quote
[Image: g24y73ztvnq61.jpg]

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:05 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: g24y73ztvnq61.jpg]

Ninja

Sarcasm?

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:55 AM)Old Dipstick Wrote: His injury is that bad? He want be able to play 6 or 7 months from now?

Correct, ACL takes about 12 months, especially with his size and age...  he may miss most of the season.

OBJ had one in last years Super Bowl, still cant play.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:12 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Sarcasm?

[Image: tenor.gif]

I mostly post it as a callback to the absolute war that was raged on this board that offseason. Also posted it after the Super Bowl last year. Largely to lightheartedly stir some shit, but also because the Bengals OL keeps being awful.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I feel like we made some good moves but L'ael Collins was a misstep. Dallas fans said he was inconsistent and injury prone. He turned out to be...inconsistent and injury prone.

Reply/Quote