Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Get Burrow a real Oline!!!
(01-30-2023, 12:51 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: RT certainly needs addressed. Collins struggled in pass protection.  Adeniji played like Adeniji.  You have to get better at RT.  

Jonah gave up a league high number of sacks.  LT needs addressed although I think Carman looked much better and maybe you give him the chance.

Volson is only a rookie but he is still pretty bad.  LG needs addressed.  You cant wait a few years and hope he gets better.

If Burrow had Mahomes Oline, we win this one easily.  Its hard to play well when your Oline is always getting dominated

Burrow isnt getting Mahomes line.  We dont draft linemen well, as we passed on both Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith, and we didnt want to pay Thuney.  But KC isnt getting our WR core either.

Volson is going nowhere, that is a silly suggestion.  RT must be addressed, I suggest we draft Darnell Wright extremely early and RT is set for years.

Jonah is here next year no matter what as is Carmen, they will have to figure it out.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:47 AM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Move Jonah out of town he is terrible. i think he let up more sacks than other tackle in the league.

You keep saying this as if dumping Jonah is even a consideration...? 

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:29 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Im tired of game after game watching one single pass rusher be able to completely disrupt the offense.  Mahomes has 3 pro bowl players on his Oline.  Hurts has 3 pro bowlers on his offensive line.  They are playing in the Super Bowl.  Burrow has a line with mediocre to bad talent.  If the Bengals ever want to get serious about wining the Super Bowl they need to get better talent on the Oline.

Mahomes had a good line and a g QRs we have a weak li e ang beat trio in nfl..tonight Mahomes made more plays than Joe and no Ints. That was difference 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:16 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: I feel like we made some good moves but L'ael Collins was a misstep. Dallas fans said he was inconsistent and injury prone. He turned out to be...inconsistent and injury prone.

He gave up 5 sacks in 951 snaps, he is a very solid run blocker and only $7M per with an out after each season.  He did well enough.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:16 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: I feel like we made some good moves but L'ael Collins was a misstep. Dallas fans said he was inconsistent and injury prone. He turned out to be...inconsistent and injury prone.

I liked the Collins signing but Collins just didnt get the job done.  Its time to move on from Collins and get a good RT.   Jonah Williams was pretty bad this year and its time to move on from him.  Carman looked much better so I think you might roll with him next year.  Volson was only a rookie but he played pretty bad.  I think you need to look for a good LG instead of hoping Volson gets better next year because if he doesnt, we are in the same spot.
Reply/Quote
Kc has drafted better on oline we have drafted better at WR.maye we should have taken lineman over WRs or maybe move on from Pollack
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:22 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Mahomes had a good line and a g QRs we have a weak li e ang beat trio in nfl..tonight Mahomes made more plays than Joe and no Ints. That was difference 

Its much easier to make plays when you have 3 Pro Bowlers giving you time to make those plays.  Burrow doesnt have that.  The two teams playing in the Super Bowl do.
Reply/Quote
Backups going against a strong d-line. This is what was supposed to happen. Superior talent beats the lesser talent.

With Cappa and Jonah in there, this game is very different offensively
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:33 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: On the plus side, Carman had another excellent game from eye test.

Clark had the one sack caused by the right side, but not really on Carman.

Carman is a keeper; the others need to be set out with the rest of the garbage.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:43 AM)Joelist Wrote: Adeniji was the single biggest problem tonight on the line. He got beat like a drum all night.

He should be fired immediately. Don't let him on the plane. Immediate termination.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:22 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Mahomes had a good line and a g QRs we have a weak li e ang beat trio in nfl..tonight Mahomes made more plays than Joe and no Ints. That was difference 

[Image: speak-english-pulp-fiction.gif]

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:25 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Kc has drafted better on oline we have drafted better at WR.maye we should have taken lineman over WRs or maybe move on from Pollack

K.C. still has good WRs to go with that great O-line.  They signed Marquez Valdes Scantling to a 10 million per year contract away from Green Bay.  They traded for 1st round draft pick Kadarius Tony.   They drafted 2nd round pick Mecole Hardman.  All 3 of those guys run 4.3x forties.  The have Juju Smith Schuster and of corse they have the best TE in NFL history, Travis Kelce.  Make no mistake, Mahomes is surrounded by talent..
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:29 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Backups going against a strong d-line. This is what was supposed to happen. Superior talent beats the lesser talent.

With Cappa and Jonah in there, this game is very different offensively

Its not much different because Jonah gets beat like a drum on a regular basis and you still have Adeniji playing RT and you still have Volson playing LG.

Even when healthy, this line only has 2 good linemen with Cappa and Karras.  Williams is not very good and neither is Volson.  Collins is a disappointment.  The Bengals need to improve at all 3 of those O-line positions.  Maybe you give Carman the shot at LT but the LG and RT spot need to be upgraded in the offseason.
Reply/Quote
I agree with the premise. But lose 3 of your 5 starters with season-enders and you'll struggle regardless. Tbh, I thought this patchwork group (as Nantz called them) did a decent job. Settled down after the first q and let up one sack the rest of the way (the Chiefs three). A lot of that can be credited to Burrow, but at the very least they were adequate. They showed they could work with him. On short-yardage (there weren't many but Perine's touchdown comes to mind) they got big and imposed their will. Nice to see. I thought Scharping and Adeniji stepped in like total pros. In particular, Scharping's timing was excellent- on the road in less than ideal conditions. It's a huge step up from the sideline to the field of play, but those two did about as good a job as you could expect.

I think they could still use a talent infusion so they can run a more diverse playbook and not force Chase and Higgins to pull rabbits out of hats, but it's a far cry from where they were two years ago. It's no comparison for me.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:05 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: g24y73ztvnq61.jpg]

Ninja

Kind of a dumb take since in this scenario Sewell would have been out injured and you'd have a second string "Anybody" anyway.  Unless you're theorizing that Sewell is impervious to injury or that he would have been a backup all season.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:07 AM)Roland Wrote: Kind of a dumb take since in this scenario Sewell would have been out injured and you'd have a second string "Anybody" anyway.  Unless you're theorizing that Sewell is impervious to injury or that he would have been a backup all season.

I was Team Sewell and Penei's an absolute force. That said, I'm willing to admit when I was wrong. Chase has been the total package. We'll never know how much his mere presence has catapulted Burrow to the next level, but safe to assume it's played a crucial role. At worst, this is the case of a pick being a bit immaterial (unless we went bust-binging with Pitts). Half the things we achieve, we can't do without Chase. Half the things we don't, Sewell is powerless to change.

I kinda want that debate to end, tbh. I'm elated with Chase- he dictates defensive game plans. Sewell is an All-Pro in the making. Both things can be true- and they are.  I think the Bengals and Lions are equally happy with their haul in the 2021 first round. Atlanta maybe not so much.
Reply/Quote
C and RG are solid. LG was okay this year ought to get better with time. LT is adequate. RT is a question mark. I would like to see us draft and sign 2 tackles for competition, depth, future reasons.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:19 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: C and RG are solid. LG was okay this year ought to get better with time. LT is adequate. RT is a question mark. I would like to see us draft and sign 2 tackles for competition, depth, future reasons.

Gotta draft some tackles. I don’t want to see Adeniji starting in the playoffs ever again.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Gotta draft some tackles. I don’t want to see Adeniji starting in the playoffs ever again.

Idk I do wonder if the combination of Adeniji and being with Scharping instead of Cappa could have been a contributing factor. I still want Adeniji on the team personally.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:25 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Idk I do wonder if the combination of Adeniji and being with Scharping instead of Cappa could have been a contributing factor. I still want Adeniji on the team personally.

Well that makes one of us.

Reply/Quote