Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Get Burrow a real Oline!!!
12 million for a RB...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:07 AM)Roland Wrote: Kind of a dumb take since in this scenario Sewell would have been out injured and you'd have a second string "Anybody" anyway.  Unless you're theorizing that Sewell is impervious to injury or that he would have been a backup all season.

Calling something a dumb take and then posting this. Lol. This scenario? Sewell hasn't missed a single offensive snap in his career so far.

"Tony Gonzalez would be hurt because Tyler Eifert was always hurt. Vonn Bell would be hurt because Bob Sanders was always hurt." What? Lol Just because a player is fragile and often hurt doesn't mean literally anyone else playing his position would also be hurt. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:26 AM)Synric Wrote: 12 million for a RB...

And then you give him 8 carries.

Reply/Quote
The line as is was for 15 weeks was good enough. They lost three in three weeks and still almost made it to the Super Bowl. They whipped Buffalo in Buffalo and had a good chance to beat KC in KC. Sometimes shit just goes bad on you.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Yeah, never pay RBs (unless they are Barry Sanders). Absolutely never pay them if they're only 2-down RBs.

I think the only big RB contract lately I was like "Eh... might worth it?" was McCaffrey and that's just because he could always fall back on being a 1,000 yard receiver when he inevitably falls off as a runner. Even then he proceeded to be hurt for 2 straight years after getting the extension.

Reply/Quote
Adeniji needs to GTHO. He sucks.

Would not mind trying Jonah at LG or RT. I don't think he's a LT but he could still be a great player somewhere else on the line. A lot of people said he would be a better guard coming out of the draft due to his short arms.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:32 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, never pay RBs (unless they are Barry Sanders). Absolutely never pay them if they're only 2-down RBs.

I think the only big RB contract lately I was like "Eh... might worth it?" was McCaffrey and that's just because he could always fall back on being a 1,000 yard receiver when he inevitably falls off as a runner. Even then he proceeded to be hurt for 2 straight years after getting the extension.

I don't agree with don't pay or don't invest in a playmaker. I'm just hard on the offensive rush offensive this season. Roster wise I don't want changes coaching wise I want something... anything. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Now I only have public school math, but I’m pretty sure Penei Sewell is only one guy (as good as he is), and we were down 3.

I also don’t think “Anybody” is making that insane catch against double coverage that Chase made to setup the Perine TD.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:33 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: On the plus side, Carman had another excellent game from eye test.

Clark had the one sack caused by the right side, but not really on Carman.

Two years in a row. You can't let the other team's best player beat you one on one. Someone, anyone, needs to recognize where "that guy" is and make sure he gets blocked on crucial plays. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And then you give him 8 carries.

Gotta think he's gone this offseason, right? $7.2m cap savings if he's cut, has been ineffective, and he is just a huge liability in pass blocking which feels like has to be a requirement for a RB in an offense that throws this much.

He's only played at least 60% of the offensive snaps in 1 of the last 8 games. Doesn't play in hurry up, or 2 minute, or really any time it's important.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:33 AM)BuildTheWall Wrote: Adeniji needs to GTHO. He sucks.

Would not mind trying Jonah at LG or RT. I don't think he's a LT but he could still be a great player somewhere else on the line. A lot of people said he would be a better guard coming out of the draft due to his short arms.

He actually played much better this season outside of this game.  He is a backup, backup olinemen are not that great. 

For what he does he will definitely be here next season with only a $1M cap hit.  We need to be great at developing young cheap talent moving forward.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:40 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Gotta think he's gone this offseason, right? $7.2m cap savings if he's cut, has been ineffective, and he is just a huge liability in pass blocking which feels like has to be a requirement for a RB in an offense that throws this much.

He's only played at least 60% of the offensive snaps in 1 of the last 8 games. Doesn't play in hurry up, or 2 minute, or really any time it's important.

Perine saw nearly if not more snaps than Mixon says alot.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:40 AM)casear2727 Wrote: He actually played much better this season outside of this game.  He is a backup, backup olinemen are not that great. 

For what he does he will definitely be here next season with only a $1M cap hit.  We need to be great at developing young cheap talent moving forward.

Do you think Prince would have been better in this game? I remember him doing a good job on Maxx Crosby in the WC game last year.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Gotta draft some tackles. I don’t want to see Adeniji starting in the playoffs ever again.

We said this last year lol
Reply/Quote
Draft in the trenches early and often. Nearly every good team in the league is solid-elite on the lines. Build it up and run it back.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:46 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: We said this last year lol

I think they were still high on Smith. But dude can’t stay healthy, and when he does play he’s not good.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:33 AM)BuildTheWall Wrote: Adeniji needs to GTHO. He sucks.

Adeniji is fine at what he is. A backup on a cheap 6th round rookie contract. He's not a starter though, and certainly not one for the playoffs where he'll have to go up against elite passrushers. They just need to find someone better and more durable to put ahead of him on the depth chart, but I don't hate him as a backup.

I just can't gather up any hate for him when he's being asked to come in as a backup to go against an All-Pro with 15.5 sacks and being given NO help.

I saw the Chiefs chip Hendrickson multiple times and he wasn't even wrecking their offense like Chris Jones was. Yet the Bengals kept asking Adeniji to keep going against him without help as far as I noticed. It's up there with asking Spain to go up against Aaron Donald with no help, or anytime you see a TE being asked to block a premier DE 1-on-1 and failing (Sample vs Twatt in Week 1 comes to mind, or awhile back Gresham vs Cameron Wake). I just can't really bring myself to put too much blame on the player in that situation because they are being put in a losing situation.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Now I only have public school math, but I’m pretty sure Penei Sewell is only one guy (as good as he is), and we were down 3.

I also don’t think “Anybody” is making that insane catch against double coverage that Chase made to setup the Perine TD.

And what's the probability of the Bengals playing in 2 AFCCGs and a SB without Chase's big plays?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think they were still high on Smith. But dude can’t stay healthy, and when he does play he’s not good.

Boxes this season said run and the Bengals couldnt run. I want a new run game coordinator.

Reply/Quote

i want mixon gone for sure. 
Reply/Quote