Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Get ready for sexy Rexie.
With jones and sanu gone, I expect to see a lot of burkhead in the slot. I actually like what I've seen of the kid when he is in the slot. I think he could actually work as a slot guy. Kind of like shipley.

I hope he takes the most of this year. He'll have plenty of chances, and IMO, I think he's going to be a pleasant surprise the more he plays WR this year.

That being said, would still love fuller in the first round
Reply/Quote
I'm all for giving the guy more reps, but I'm against chanting "Sexy Rexy" at games.
Reply/Quote
I thought we were talking about Rex Ryan LOL
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 08:28 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I thought we were talking about Rex Ryan LOL

how bout those feet!  Hilarious
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Crap, I seriously thought we were going to bring in Sexy Rexy Grossman to be a backup QB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good point. I feel a little better now
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 08:26 PM)phil413 Wrote: I'm all for giving the guy more reps, but I'm against chanting "Sexy Rexy" at games.

I was thinking we could dub him "Rexicle the Testicle."
Reply/Quote
No Ryan here. Only Rex I'm talking about is burkhead. I really think we see him evolve into a pure slot WR. Think this is his year. Think he knows this is his real shot. My guess is he'll make the most of it.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 08:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Crap, I seriously thought we were going to bring in Sexy Rexy Grossman to be a backup QB.

Same here. It reminded me of the best "story" ever written:

http://uproxx.com/ksk/f-k-it-im-throwing-it-downfield/

As far as Burkhead seeing significant time in the slot? No thanks. Not a realistic idea IMO.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 09:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Same here. It reminded me of the best "story" ever written:

As far as Burkhead seeing significant time in the slot? No thanks. Not a realistic idea IMO.

Why not realistic?  Because you said so?  Drops 10-15 pounds and he is basically the same size as Amendola/Welker/any other white slot receiver....He showed flashes and I believe this would be a great idea
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 09:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Same here. It reminded me of the best "story" ever written:

What do you mean by not realistic? He's shown flashes wwhen he lines up at WR. 

I'd honestly be more comfortable with burkhead as a WR, than tate. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 09:36 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Why not realistic?  Because you said so?  Drops 10-15 pounds and he is basically the same size as Amendola/Welker/any other white slot receiver....He showed flashes and I believe this would be a great idea

Took the words right from me. I agree with you. I think burkheads hands are good enough, if he just works as a WR I think I'd be a surprise.
Reply/Quote
Hobson answered this question in his mailbag this week. He said don't expect to see Burkhead anymore than we saw him last year.
Reply/Quote
Raise your hand if you watched the Indianapolis playoff game and you still want 33 starting at wideout.........

*crickets*

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 09:36 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Why not realistic?  Because you said so?  Drops 10-15 pounds and he is basically the same size as Amendola/Welker/any other white slot receiver....He showed flashes and I believe this would be a great idea

Well, I did say IMO (In My Opinion).

But yeah, it's not really realistic for a RB to drop 15 lbs and convert to a new position IMO. Not only that, but to actually do is successfully enough to start.

How many successful examples of this happening can you think of? A RB to WR conversion?

(03-16-2016, 10:13 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Hobson answered this question in his mailbag this week. He said don't expect to see Burkhead anymore than we saw him last year.

Not surprising really.

(03-16-2016, 10:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: Raise your hand if you watched the Indianapolis playoff game and you still want 33 starting at wideout.........

*crickets*

Bingo. Rex is just the latest popular seldom-used white guy on the team. Decent backup RB though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Sexy Rexie? No.

Rushasaurus Rex? Yes.
Reply/Quote

Agreed. You ask anyone besides bengals fan who rex burkhead is and the have no idea who he is. for good reason.

Im not on the rex burkhead band wagon. 5'10 white guys playing wide receiver in the nfl that are truly dominate, is a rarity. Sure there has been a couple  but the odds are defintely stacked against you.
Reply/Quote
Oh....that Rex....

Well damn, I was all excited for a moment.

[Image: rexmanningday.png]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 12:14 AM)Gohards Wrote: Agreed. You ask anyone besides bengals fan who rex burkhead is and the have no idea who he is. for good reason.

Im not on the rex burkhead band wagon. 5'10 white guys playing wide receiver in the nfl that are truly dominate, is a rarity. Sure there has been a couple  but the odds are defintely stacked against you.

Let me run this through my "WHAT WOULD WE SAY IF THE STEELERS DID THIS EXACT THING" filter:

IF the Steelers were even contemplating putting a total non-factor 5'10 FB in the slot as a WR we would be laughing our asses off.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 10:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: Raise your hand if you watched the Indianapolis playoff game and you still want 33 starting at wideout.........

*crickets*

My hand went up!  It is a silent motion...so maybe that is why you heard crickets.

When Rex came out of college, he had the fastest short-shuttle in the entire scouting combine.  When the Bengals asked him to play Wes Welker as the scout team slot receiver, he was so good the Bengals considered altering his role.  While that didn't take place with 3rd rounder Sanu already tabbed the starting slot receiver, his role did expand in the offense.  

I'm a little surprised you took a shot at him for the Indy game.  He looked great!  The lack of complementary weapons made it difficult for Dalton, but I would take Burkhead in the slot in a heartbeat. 

He's a smart guy, elusive route-runner, and has great hands.  

I'm also more than a little surprised that folks want to waste a first round pick on a slot WR.  The Bengals need a bigger, taller, faster option to replace Jones at the "X" receiver.  
Reply/Quote