Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gil Brandt ranks the "Super Bowl-less" teams
(07-10-2015, 02:52 PM)jason Wrote: As much as I though that he went out like a punk, I'd have liked to have seen what he could have done with AJ Green myself.

All he had to do was report to camp. but he took MB's money and left town
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 04:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: All he had to do was report to camp.   but he took MB's money and left town

Ugh, it's been what...4 years?  Can people either get over this or at least get it right?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 02:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if you would change rosters and coaches why wouldnt you just root for the cardinals.

I've never understood this line of thinking.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 04:35 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I've never understood this line of thinking.

Agreed.  There are teams I root for, but every now and then a player I like will go to another team and I'll hope he does well.  I can't be the only one who felt a sense of victory when Corey Dillon got a ring in NE.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 04:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ugh, it's been what...4 years?  Can people either get over this or at least get it right?

Hate to tell you this but people will never forgive Palmer around here.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 04:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Agreed.  There are teams I root for, but every now and then a player I like will go to another team and I'll hope he does well.  I can't be the only one who felt a sense of victory when Corey Dillon got a ring in NE.

A little I suppose, but it stings when you see a former Bengal player getting a ring too.  I mean, what if the guy would have stayed with the Bengals and we got just the right mix of players to gel with him.  Woulda Coulda Shoulda...    

I hope Palmer never gets a ring. I used to think he was our HOF QB and he'd never leave us. How he exited was inexcusable.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 04:46 PM)J24 Wrote: Hate to tell you this but people will never forgive Palmer around here.

Who said "forgive?"  Hate his guts if you want, just understand the situation.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 04:49 PM)EatonFan Wrote: A little I suppose, but it stings when you see a former Bengal player getting a ring too.  I mean, what if the guy would have stayed with the Bengals and we got just the right mix of players to gel with him.  Woulda Coulda Shoulda...    

I hope Palmer never gets a ring.  I used to think he was our HOF QB and he'd never leave us.  How he exited was inexcusable.

We can agree to disagree on this one (not that I think Carson is going to ever get a ring).  Seems like the guy didn't want to play for a franchise that was going to give Marvin Lewis a lifetime pass, so he wanted to play elsewhere.  I suppose he could have played out his contract in theory, but I can't imagine telling anyone to work for someone he can't stand if he has other options, NFL QB or otherwise. The Bengals can be sacred to us, but it's an employer to him...that's just the way it is.

Maybe I'm just a big ol' softie.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 05:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We can agree to disagree on this one (not that I think Carson is going to ever get a ring).  Seems like the guy didn't want to play for a franchise that was going to give Marvin Lewis a lifetime pass, so he wanted to play elsewhere.  I suppose he could have played out his contract in theory, but I can't imagine telling anyone to work for someone he can't stand if he has other options, NFL QB or otherwise.  The Bengals can be sacred to us, but it's an employer to him...that's just the way it is.  

Maybe I'm just a big ol' softie.

He had problems with the ownership, he let that slip during his conference call in 2012 before stopping abruptly. I know he wanted updated facilities because he has said that he's happy with the set up that the Cardinals have.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 04:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Who said "forgive?"  Hate his guts if you want, just understand the situation.

Enlighten us on the situation then.
J24

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 05:09 PM)J24 Wrote: Enlighten us on the situation then.

It's been 4 years, I think people have had ample opportunity to learn about it, should they care to.  I was simply responding to the notion that Carson took Mike Brown's money and ran, which is a very butthurt and inaccurate way to look at it.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 04:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Only thing I'd swap with Arizona is the weather.
That a boy Bfine
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 04:46 PM)J24 Wrote: Hate to tell you this but people will never forgive Palmer around here.

Palmer acted out what most Bengals fans feel, yet they hate him for it. Okay.

Reply/Quote
We aren't exactly Super Bowl-less. We are just winless in them.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Boomer left the Bengals, played for a couple of other teams, and then left the Cardinals to return to the
Bengals.

Carson left the Bengals, played for a couple of other teams, and then. . .
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 07:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Boomer left the Bengals, played for a couple of other teams, and then left the Cardinals to return to the
Bengals.

Carson left the Bengals, played for a couple of other teams, and then.  .  .

Both left the Bengals and got traded to their home-town (er, area) teams THEN went to AZ and then....well, the idea of Palmer coming back here, being the starter, playing well, and fans begging him not to retire is just...odd.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 07:29 PM)Bryan Wrote: Palmer acted out what most Bengals fans feel, yet they hate him for it. Okay.

I don't know many Bengal fans that want to quit the Bengals. We have been better since he left so maybe he was more of the problem than people realized at time.
J24

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 05:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's been 4 years, I think people have had ample opportunity to learn about it, should they care to.  I was simply responding to the notion that Carson took Mike Brown's money and ran, which is a very butthurt and inaccurate way to look at it.
Carson left a lot of money on the table when he left I will grant you that but he certainly didn't make himself a hero by the way he left this team like you make him out to be.
J24

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 12:20 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000500272/article/cardinals-bengals-headline-teams-vying-for-first-super-bowl-title

He ranks the Bengals as having the 2nd best odds of winning it all (out of all the ring-less teams).

2) Cincinnati Bengals
The Bengals are probably the deepest of the teams on this list. Cincinnati's offense, led by receiver A.J. Green and back Jeremy Hill, will be boosted by healthy returns from Marvin Jones and Tyler Eifert, while former Bengal Michael Johnson rejoined the talented defense after a year in Tampa Bay. This squad features a lot of good, young players -- including quarterback Andy Dalton, who, yes, I think is capable of winning a playoff game, his 0-4 lifetime record notwithstanding. The AFC North is tough, but coach Marvin Lewis can get Cincinnati, which should be competitive for a while, over the postseason hump.

Last year they were gushing over us too. I remember listening to ESPN in the morning and them talking about how we're one of the deepest teams in the NFL. I feel like at this point it just needs to be done because we've heard it and been through all the positive/negative preseason commentary. First we have to even make the playoffs to hope for breaking our winless post season streak. Im stocking up on double IPA beers this season! LOL
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 07:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Boomer left the Bengals, played for a couple of other teams, and then left the Cardinals to return to the
Bengals.

Carson left the Bengals, played for a couple of other teams, and then.  .  .

There isn't many things guaranteed in life but one thing is a 100% guarantee, Carson Palmer will never wear Bengal stripes again.
Reply/Quote