Poll: Do the Bengals finish the season above .500?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Give Me Your Gut Feeling, Do The Bengals Finish Above .500?
(03-16-2017, 11:26 AM)jj22 Wrote: Mike Brown has snagged Fred hook, line and sinker with this playoff appearance talk. I guess that's the goal.

Not sure what this even means.  I have never said I was satisfied with just making the playoffs.

Why not address what I really say instead of just making bup stuff and claiming I said it.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 10:03 AM)jj22 Wrote: 3-13. Top 5 pick,

Sig bet that you are wrong.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 11:17 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: We've had the same amount of playoff wins, unless we're including the 90s before Mike took over. Then we actually have won 1 more playoff game in the 90s than the decades since.

So what is yourt point?

you can't see any difference between teams that make the playoffs and teams that go 4-12?
Reply/Quote
I personally don't think they finish anywhere near .500 and certainly not in the playoff chase. My guess is another top ten draft pick next year.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 09:20 PM)GodFather Wrote: So as of now, give me your gut feeling on this upcoming season, do the Bengals finish the season above .500?

I don't know honestly, i will have a better idea after the Draft.

So many things could happen by Training Camp. My gut feeling right now is no and we are starting to implode.

But there are moves to be made to prevent this, pretty easy moves.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 12:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So what is yourt point?

you can't see any difference between teams that make the playoffs and teams that go 4-12?

I know you're this difficult on purpose, but are kidding me? Everyone can see the difference. However, the end result is the same. Our postseason success rate with out current owner/gm is 0. Also, that same owner/gm caused the debacle that was the 90s. So yes, the difference between 12-4 and 4-12 is obvious, but our way has the same results regardless of regular season record.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 12:14 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I know you're this difficult on purpose, but are kidding me? Everyone can see the difference. However, the end result is the same. Our postseason success rate with out current owner/gm is 0. Also, that same owner/gm caused the debacle that was the 90s. So yes, the difference between 12-4 and 4-12 is obvious, but our way has the same results regardless of regular season record.

I don't know why you claim I am "being difficult" when you agree with what I said.

A playoff season is much different from a 4-12 season.  So it is silly to say that the current Bengals are the same as the Bengals from the 90's.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 12:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know why you claim I am "being difficult" when you agree with what I said.

A playoff season is much different from a 4-12 season.  So it is silly to say that the current Bengals are the same as the Bengals from the 90's.

Is that what I said? I believe I said we've had the same amount of playoff wins. Yes fred, you are 100% accurate that have been seeing much better regular season win totals than we did in the 90s. There is absolutely no denying that. However, what does it all mean if we're still the same team in the postseason?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 12:25 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: However, what does it all mean if we're still the same team in the postseason?

It means the team is better.  it means I get to enjoy more victories.  it means I get to celebrate making the playoffs.

Anyone who claims that when we beat the Steelers they just sat ther and said "I can't decide if I can enjoy this until I see how we do in the playoffs" Is a complete liar.

Winning more games is better even if we don't win a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 01:52 AM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Sounds like SIG-BET time!!

Not a sig bet! Noooooo......

[Image: 4ca2759fd6c41b699953f9bc674fb112.jpg]

(03-16-2017, 10:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Right.  Because making the playoffs 6 of the last 8 years is exactly like the 90's.

I believe interceptor was talking about the future...not the past. It's not like you would ever twist someone's words and run with it, though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 12:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I believe interceptor was talking about the future...not the past. It's not like you would ever twist someone's words and run with it, though.

I know exactly what Interceptor was talking about.  I was just pointing out that he has no logical basis for that belief.

Do you disagree with my point?  Hasn't the Marvin Lewis era been much different from the 90's?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 12:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know exactly what Interceptor was talking about.  I was just pointing out that he has no logical basis for that belief.

Do you disagree with my point?  Hasn't the Marvin Lewis era been much different from the 90's?

In one way, yes. In one way, no.

I have more of an open mind about the future, but I could easily see this thing falling apart and becoming 90's esque if some things don't change.

6-9-1 was very 90's. So is Dunlap and Gio speaking out. We went through this in 2010 on through the 2011 offseason as well, so lets hope for a quick rebound...otherwise what Interceptor said may come true.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The Reds will have a better year than the Bengals. The Reds are seeing light at the end of the tunnel. The Bengals are just entering the tunnel.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Oh c'mon..we'll finish .500 above 1.000.. Everyone knows that.  Why else would Squeeler fans be so  scared?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 12:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So it is silly to say that the current Bengals are the same as the Bengals from the 90's.

When you have the same amount of playoff wins for both, its a moot point how well they did in the regular season other than the fact that you could enjoy some of the season only to have the same disappointing ending.

So no, both teams aren't so different at all... unless you enjoy underachieving.
Reply/Quote
I can't believe about 3/4's of the posters believe the Bengals will finish below 0.500. That's a lot of negativity. It's possible but I can't root for a team and give up on them before the first play of the year.
Reply/Quote
I voted No few days back, and still think that. But to be fair I see them more like a 7-9 team right now. That can change with the first couple of draft picks and signing future free agents yet to be cut. And most importantly if a handful of players take that next step in progression.

There are just too many ? marks on the o-line right now, and way to early to know if they will be better than last year. Andre has never played guard, and hasnt been healthy for a full season in years now. Ogbooty, I mean no one has a clue if he will be better cause if he isnt then yikes for Andy unless they get a backup who is better.

Defense just doesnt have enough speed and playmakers overall. They will be good, but not good enough if the offense falters like it did too many times last year.

Last but not least someone will have to step up and replace Whit's leadership in the lockerroom and on the field. Hopefully that will be Andy, cause he needs to be more than ever.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Lest we forget Bodine is still the Center, so forget about the point being held, being able to run to the inside and/or having a decent pocket. Had we seen a Mangold signing it would be different.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 08:36 PM)GodFather Wrote: When you have the same amount of playoff wins for both, its a moot point how well they did in the regular season other than the fact that you could enjoy some of the season only to have the same disappointing ending.

So no, both teams aren't so different at all... unless you enjoy underachieving.

So exactly the same....

except one is more enjoyable.

Brilliant logic.  I am amazed by the mental gymnastics you all go through in order to get as much misery as possible out of everything.

"Sex with a beautiful woman is no better than masterbation because they both end the same."
Reply/Quote
Wont be able to make any kind of true ballpark assessment until I see them play in Sept.

As bad as last year turned out they pretty much lost 5-6 games by a TD or less.
If they can stay more consistent they could surprise people.

Lots of young guys will only get better with a couple guys it will be like extra draft picks cause they didn't play last year.

I prefer to remain optimistic until proven otherwise.
Reply/Quote