Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion
(10-17-2019, 09:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Did they quit or did they just never start?  I feel like the most positive stuff players said was that ZT made practice easier and didn't make them scared to screw up.

Just wat you want in a coach. Sounds like no accountability. Every body gets a trophy. He is a Millennial anyway. He is real happy with the fight and effort. The wins will come.

Things have seemed pretty blase all season.  
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 08:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The team has quit on Zac

please show where they have quit.. they score late, onside kick with potential winning drive... score on Arizona late to take the lead.. i don't see the connection over the last two games,, they have quit..  Glenn has played zero downs at all before Zac called one play.. if anything this team has supported the new coach and the system.. Did you read what Gio said ?? far from quitting idea
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 09:51 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: please show where they have quit.. they score late, onside kick with potential winning drive... score on Arizona late to take the lead.. i don't see the connection over the last two games,, they have quit..  Glenn has played zero downs at all before Zac called one play.. if anything this team has supported the new coach and the system.. Did you read what Gio said ?? far from quitting idea

So you think evidence of them quitting would be them losing 59-0 every weak?

There's various forms of quitting. Preparing a little less. Trying slightly less in games. A bunch of things.

I do think they're for the most part still playing...but they don't think they can win and don't believe in the HC.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 09:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What a moron. He WebMD'd concussion and it said typical recovery 7-10 days. He thought it said 710 days, therefore, he feels we are trying to rush him back. 

This is interesting...in that a broken bone can be proven or disproven. A concussion? Some physical symptoms but not all are. And a concussion is a hot button around the NFL.

Faking concussions, if proven though would be a HUGE hot button for the NFL though as a lot of guys really are hurt.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Glenn will prove they rushed him back...sue...win...own the Bengals...then sell the Bengals to a rich person who just wants to win for status...then the Bengals win 5 Super Bowls in 12 years.

Who says I'm not positive!?!?
Reply/Quote
Miss me yet?

https://www.google.com/search?q=paul+alexander+bengals&rlz=1C1_____enUS856US856&sxsrf=ACYBGNQUk1qHVAdJPVF8ClhLRHdpcJUxAg:1571360818686&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjroaWbz6TlAhUuuVkKHSg8D4kQ_AUIEygC&biw=1920&bih=968#imgrc=FuL1pzFx-I0ruM:
Reply/Quote
If anyone needs to be fined for conduct detrimental to the team it’s the brain trust responsible for putting this shit show together.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 07:57 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Sometimes concussion symptoms don’t appear until a few days later. So just because there isn’t clear play evidence doesn’t automatically mean he is lying.

On the flip side, I saw two LSU DBs suffer obvious concussions on the field this past Saturday vs Florida and they were allowed back in the game against the concussion protocols. Because of that LSU will never admit they suffered a concussion and the next time it happens they can claim they never suffered a concussion before which is complete BS.

If the concussion is of degree of severity that requires 8 weeks of recovery, then it's not a concussion.

Then it would be a TBI - which can be determined by CT, MRI, SPECT, PET etc. and evidenced by hematoma, hemmorrhages or contusions. Furthermore; if it touches the lymphatic system, it can be fatal.

In absence of subarachnoid hemorrhage, subdural hematoma or cortical contusions, then the diagnosis would be a concussion (general term) and dependent primarily on patient reported symptoms.

So again, it is a non-quantifiable condition which is based on patient reported symptomology. In this case no on-field record of the index event.

I fail to see the relevance of your comments.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 05:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Cordy Glenn has never been an All-Pro. Dude's never even been a Pro Bowler. He's also missed 25 out of his last 56 games since the start of 2016 (22 out of his last 43).

All his injury troubles started up when he signed a 5yr/$65m deal in 2016. 

Divas are a distraction, but at least they generally want to play. A dude who doesn't want to play football is way worse. Terrell Owens is a HoFer despite being a diva. Nobody goes to the HoF or wins a SB by malingering and refusing to play.

(10-17-2019, 06:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No, he hasn't.  Check the accolades section of his Wiki Page.  No mention of All Pro, not even the "Pro Bowl"..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordy_Glenn

I thought he had been named All-Pro when we traded for him but I stand corrected. 

Still, my original point remains the same, if Cedric and Richie are still getting work, there is going to be a team that is interested in Cordy. Even at his worst he is better then Cedric.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 10:09 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If anyone needs to be fined for conduct detrimental to the team it’s the brain trust responsible for putting this shit show together.

No pun intended.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 03:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/17/bengals-cordy-glenn-at-odds-over-handling-of-his-concussion/

Glenn not happy how Bengals supposedly trying to rush him back from concussion and fining him $200k for conduct detrimental to the team. Paul Dehner Jr tweeted that Glenn isn't even at the facility today for practice.

That guy seems soft and it doesn't make sense that he'd be in protocol that long and not seriously contemplate retirement. Part of me wants to just cut his ass because he's not all the great, he gets injured a lot and then this...but the Bengals need to try and get something for him. 

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he never plays another snap for them. Freaking money-stealing, injury-dragging-out loser. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 10:16 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Then it would be a TBI - which can be determined by CT, MRI, SPECT, PET etc. 

Is that Morse Code?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 10:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This is interesting...in that a broken bone can be proven or disproven. A concussion? Some physical symptoms but not all are. And a concussion is a hot button around the NFL.

Faking concussions, if proven though would be a HUGE hot button for the NFL though as a lot of guys really are hurt.

Let’s consider what I think we know today, but could be wrong. Maybe Fred can help with this one? Has any player been on concussion protocol even close to this long in the NFL? It’s very suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 03:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: More and more what it's pointing to. I say cut bait.  Here's another story on it....

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/17/bengals-fined-cordy-glenn-concussion-cut/?fbclid=IwAR0ZIe1DajjL08LCJJxIyvMtDxd9WM8SsxhzvFKrQD66KTxUwqpa9y4zQHc

I wonder...with everything that's gone on with the Oline this year...is Turner really THAT big of a jackass that all these guys don't want to play for him?

How big of a problem is that, on multiple levels, if true? I'd also have to wonder if Boling would be willing to come back (if his retirement wasn't as much a medical issue as the coach) if they fired him?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I read some place after Glenn got traded here that he didn't like Cincy and was really unhappy to come here.

As a side note...this is the kind of thing that rubs me the wrong way. 

If you're going to post something like this, back it up. Don't type shit like this and say "i heard" and leave it at that. That's how bullshit rumors get started and it's how misinformation goes from a kindle to a forest fire. 

I'm not trying to single you out...it was just an opportunity to state that this kind of post is unnecessary and potentially problematic. 

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That was Bobby Hart with the Giants I think.

Yep. The Bobby Hart/Giants thing ended badly and there was talk of him quitting. 

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/Article/Bobby-Hart-says-he-never-quit-on-New-York-Giants-despite-reports-115125716/

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:18 PM)Synric Wrote: Why are people trying to blame Turner?

Glenn was cleared by an independent doctor then is refusing to practice.

There has been too much smoke with Turner and what's happened with the Oline this entire year, not to seriously wonder if there's a fire. 

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:20 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: What a colossal shit factory this franchise is.

This is pretty much what i was referencing when people said "there's no way to go but up" and my reply was "the bengals barrel doesn't have a bottom. it's an infinity barrel". Just when you think it's at it's worse, they somehow manage to sink to new depths, endlessly. 

It's truly mind boggling how bad the situation can continue to get. 

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 10:06 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: ss me yet?

https://www.google.com/search?q=paul+alexander+bengals&rlz=1C1_____enUS856US856&sxsrf=ACYBGNQUk1qHVAdJPVF8ClhLRHdpcJUxAg:1571360818686&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjroaWbz6TlAhUuuVkKHSg8D4kQ_AUIEygC&biw=1920&bih=968#imgrc=FuL1pzFx-I0ruM:

Read the caption below the photo:

[Image: 487333884.jpg.0.jpg]

Guys, remember, the opposing QB is the fries and you are the ketchup! you are the ketchup!!!!!----Paul Alexander
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 10:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: As a side note...this is the kind of thing that rubs me the wrong way. 

If you're going to post something like this, back it up. Don't type shit like this and say "i heard" and leave it at that. That's how bullshit rumors get started and it's how misinformation goes from a kindle to a forest fire. 

I'm not trying to single you out...it was just an opportunity to state that this kind of post is unnecessary and potentially problematic. 

'My friend ran into the Bengals new left tackle Cordy Glenn. Glenn told my friend that Cincinnati was boring and he can’t wait to get back to Buffalo. Buffalo!'

Here was the quote. It was on Deadspin. I'd post the full link but there's a lot of language.
Reply/Quote