Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion
(10-17-2019, 05:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'll say this...
Ever since Turner came to the Bengals, Boling has retired, Glenn has had a very lengthy concussion, and Westerman almost left the team before being cut.

Rather than slander every player for being "weak," perhaps point the blame at Turner. This isn't the first time he's had issues.

I think these three cases are unrelated:

Boling had blood clots and a pulmonary embolism.  He would have been risking his life by continuing to play.

Westerman is still available to other teams as a free agent.  There is high demand for offensive linemen in the NFL, if he was any good he would be on a team.

And Cordy Glenn has consistently shown a reluctance to play since he got paid a few years ago.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:39 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: You're my boy, blue, but I disagree.

We're going to have a lot of less than gruntled players here during this rebuild. We cannot set a precedent that this sort of thing is not only okay, but will work. We'll never be successful. 

LOL

Yeah, because Mike Brown’s approach to holding on to disgruntled players for too long and getting less value in return has contributed to their “success.”
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:45 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Until there is some quality medical evidence to back up why he has been out this long from a self reported concussion after a game in which no one can single out the play it happened, he has been basically a fraud up to this point soaking in the money.

What quality medical evidence are you suggesting?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 07:42 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What quality medical evidence  are you suggesting?

Hmm, maybe he's suggesting that the Bengals should go to the full expense of paying for a brain scan, to see if there's any serious damage?   Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 05:59 PM)XsandOs Wrote: I can understand why some people on this board view this as a news.

I think the need for reinforcements and hopes of winning have clouded the minds of some folks as to the reality of this situation.

When something doesn't look right, it just is not right.

How often does a player sit out 8 weeks from a concussion? A concussion for which there is no clear play evidence?

This POS used a non-quantifiable condition to stay out 8 weeks.

Abusing the concussion excuse is a low-life move that sheds a negative light on a real concern for football players.

Opens a Pandoras Box but yet at the same time plants seeds of doubt about athletes and concussion.

Just a scumbag move from a scumbag!

Sometimes concussion symptoms don’t appear until a few days later. So just because there isn’t clear play evidence doesn’t automatically mean he is lying.

On the flip side, I saw two LSU DBs suffer obvious concussions on the field this past Saturday vs Florida and they were allowed back in the game against the concussion protocols. Because of that LSU will never admit they suffered a concussion and the next time it happens they can claim they never suffered a concussion before which is complete BS.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 07:42 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What quality medical evidence  are you suggesting?

Not evidence persay, but multiple medical opinions should be involved, unless he has which I didnt hear.

At his age, if it is taking this long to recover from whatever it was that caused it, he should just retire. Why risk more head trauma after already making 50 million+ between the Bills & Bengals. 

Bengals need to be careful imo, even though I agree with them. If I was them I would just IR him for rest of season, then cut him once season is over as there is no dead cap space next year. This way they can't be held liable, legally and public relation wise, for "rushing" someone back from a concussion, even though they have cleared the protocols.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Glenn just “Antonio Browned” the Bengals. They will have to release him because he has ZERO trade value now. I’m guessing Glenn and his agent are getting what they want..... out of Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 03:48 PM)samhain Wrote: I came on here this afternoon to be "that guy" and posit that Jim Turner played a role in this.  You beat me to it.  Respect, sir.

I have no idea how the team could have handled it any more carefully.  He's been out 7 weeks being candy-assed.  

I like to blame ownership for a lot, but this piece of shit is malingering, straight up.  It's becoming fairly clear.  He wanted to miss games and still collect checks.  He deserved to be humiliated for it.  I know!  Make him play for the Bengals for the rest of the year!

I'd also guess that he may still be a bit butt hurt about being moved out of the LT spot the second Jonah was drafted.  Someone's widdle feewings have been ruptured.

Try looking at it from his point of view. Say at your job you’ve been working for several years at the second highest paid position at your company, they hire a new guy straight out of college, hand him your job with no competition and demote you to a lesser position that impacts your future income significantly. Would you not get pissed? He probably handled it poorly if he was trying to force his way out, but I can’t fault a guy for getting upset in that scenario.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 08:06 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Try looking at it from his point of view. Say at your job you’ve been working for several years at the second highest paid position at your company, they hire a new guy straight out of college, hand him your job with no competition and demote you to a lesser position that impacts your future income significantly. Would you not get pissed? He probably handled it poorly if he was trying to force his way out, but I can’t fault a guy for getting upset in that scenario.

Maybe it's Greg Popavich and Kawhi Leonard scenario. THen Kawhi leaves and becomes 5 time MVP and GOAT.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 05:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'll say this...
Ever since Turner came to the Bengals, Boling has retired, Glenn has had a very lengthy concussion, and Westerman almost left the team before being cut.

Rather than slander every player for being "weak," perhaps point the blame at Turner. This isn't the first time he's had issues.

Perkins also "retired."  That is 4 OL Players.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Glenn is not a big loss. Horrible trade as it turns out. Do the Bengals get compensatory picks if Glenn leaves?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 08:23 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Glenn is not a big loss.  Horrible trade as it turns out.  Do the Bengals get compensatory picks if Glenn leaves?

No.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not to be that "I told ya so" guy, but I was lobbying hard for the Bengals to dump him this past offseason and reinvest the money saved on another offensive lineman..

I'm right there with ya.

His pay didn't equate his play.

Dude played soft and looked lost sometimes.

Maybe it was the lazy... er... concussion...  kickin' in *wink wink*

Should've been mauling but was barely balling.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 08:51 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm right there with ya.

His pay didn't equate his play.

Dude played soft and looked lost sometimes.

Maybe it was the lazy... er... concussion...  kickin' in *wink wink*

Should've been mauling but was barely balling.

Which is why the Bills traded him. He had injuries his last 2 years in Buffalo and declined. They dumped him on us.
Reply/Quote
The team has quit on Zac
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 08:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The team has quit on Zac

I feel like some of them have. Whether they've quit or just realize he doesn't have it as a HC...they've scaled back play.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 06:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Exactly, he got paid, then decided to lay down on the job.  (at least that's what it's starting to look like, anyway)

What a moron. He WebMD'd concussion and it said typical recovery 7-10 days. He thought it said 710 days, therefore, he feels we are trying to rush him back. 

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 09:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What a moron. He WebMD'd concussion and it said typical recovery 7-10 days. He thought it said 710 days, therefore, he feels we are trying to rush him back. 

Sounds like he might actually have brain damage. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 09:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like some of them have. Whether they've quit or just realize he doesn't have it as a HC...they've scaled back play.

Did they quit or did they just never start?  I feel like the most positive stuff players said was that ZT made practice easier and didn't make them scared to screw up.

Things have seemed pretty blase all season.  
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:20 PM)samhain Wrote: Because he's a shitbag that nobody with other options would voluntarily play for.  He also happens to be bad at the job.  He needs to be the first head outside PBS on a spike.  It would be really easy to justify.  He has no business on a NFL staff.

Pollack line sucked last year.. did you say the same about him... Glenn has zero to do with Turner and if it does, kudos to Turner if he called Glenn out on the carpet.. coaches work their ass off win or loss most of the time.. here you have a player sit out what looks like on purpose and risk others like Dalton, Mixon being hurt with no experience at left tackle.. and you want to call the coach out.. what bullshit is that...

Glenn was pissed we drafted Williams and decided to bag the year...
Reply/Quote