Poll: I know we can't really evaluate a draft until 3-4 years later, but what do you think about the job our coaches and FO did in this draft?
This poll is closed.
A+
9.72%
14 9.72%
A
25.69%
37 25.69%
A-
26.39%
38 26.39%
B+
18.06%
26 18.06%
B
12.50%
18 12.50%
B-
1.39%
2 1.39%
C+
1.39%
2 1.39%
C
2.78%
4 2.78%
C-
0.69%
1 0.69%
D+
0.69%
1 0.69%
D
0%
0 0%
D-
0%
0 0%
F+
0.69%
1 0.69%
F
0%
0 0%
F-
0%
0 0%
Total 144 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade the Bengals 2016 Draft
So, how did we do?

1. Will Jackson, CB
2. Tyler Boyd, WR
3. Nick Vigil, LB
4. Andrew Freaking Billings, DT
5. Christian Westerman, G
6. Cody Core, WR
7. Clayton Fejedelem, S

Looks to me like we covered every position we needed to cover. I expect to see us add Roger Lewis and a RB or 2 as UDFAs.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:47 PM)Shady Wrote: So, how did we do?

1. Will Jackson, CB
2. Tyler Boyd, WR
3. Nick Vigil, LB
4. Andrew Freaking Billings, DT
5. Christian Westerman, G
6. Cody Core, WR
7. Clayton Fejedelem, S

Looks to me like we covered every position we needed to cover. I expect to see us add Roger Lewis and a RB or 2 as UDFAs.

1. Will Jackson, CB                          A

2. Tyler Boyd, WR                           B+
3. Nick Vigil, LB                              B
4. Andrew Freaking Billings, DT        A+
5. Christian Westerman, G               A
6. Cody Core, WR                           C+
7. Clayton Fejedelem, S                   D

Overall good draft. I hate the Fejeejejejejejdemdeleledleld pick, but he's a 7th rounder so whatever. Would have rather got another linebacker. I was a little pissed at the Vigil, but then we were able to land Billings in the 4th so I'm over it. 
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
A+

To think that we got Billings, WJ3, Boyd, Westerman in the same draft is just....

Insane. Best draft of all time. Not liking Vigil or fedejelum where we took them is yet to be seen. Don't matter with the players we got.

Plus Cody Core could be very good coached up by Urban. Cannot teach size and speed.
Reply/Quote
I am blown away by this year's draft. I know you can't truly grade a draft until maybe 5 years down the road, but I love the players they selected.

My ONLY complaint was the Vigil pick in Round 3, BUT ONLY BECAUSE I WANTED BILLINGS!!! The more I realize that Vigil can play all three spots, I think we have Maualuga's replacement.

Westerman is great insurance for Zeitler, and it has been said that he can possibly play center! Bingo!

Late picks Core and Fej are guys I studied a lot and had discussed previously. Can't believe they got them in the 6th and 7th round.

I am soooo happy!!!
Reply/Quote
From what I have read, our 7th rounder has been consistently exceeding expectations. Huge chip on his shoulder.

Reply/Quote
This is so tough because we haven't seen anything from them in the NFL yet. With that said, here are my best premature grades.

1. WJ3 - A. I think this was a solid pick. With Hall gone, an aging Jones, and an underwhelming Dre K, this is a need as well as a 1 year luxury pick.
2. Tyler Boyd - B. A good pick, but not a blown away pick. Needs to get better separation. Could be the starting slot WR when the season starts.
3. Nick Vigil - C+. A slight reach. His rattail game is on fleek though. Will probably be a season or 2 before we really find out what we got.
4. Andrew Billings - A+. Amazing value in the 4th. Eventual Peko replacement. Fine tuning on his pass rush technique and he and Geno will destroy OLines.
5. Christian Westerman - A+. Another amazing value pick. Incredibly tough and can play all 3 interior OLine spots. Hopefully replaces Bodine if he continues to Bodine.
6. Cody Core - C+. Could contribute on teams. Good size and speed, but needs to improve his route running considerably. If he can get it all together, could be nice outside compliment to Green.
7. Clayton Fejedelem - B. Nice thumper that should be a nice contributor on special teams. A bit of a project, but has some upside.

2 A+'s, 1 A, 2 B's, 2 C+'s. I'll call it a solid B+.

I think the Bengals did another solid job. 3 or 4 of these guys could be contributors this year with a couple of more that can still help on Special Teams and could develop into contributors.
Reply/Quote
It's an A for me.

We are all freaking out about the value of Billings but when it's all said and done I think Boyd is a fantastic pick, and likely to be the best. I've gone back over the little I saw of him before and he really excites me, a proper #2 in every sense. Really polished route runner, superb hands and smashed some of Larry Fitzgerald's receiving records at Pitt.

Reply/Quote
I think Tyler Boyd is going to surprise a lot of people and will exceed expectations out of the box.

With that being said this was a very solid draft and happy with what Marvin, Duke and the rest of FO did.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 08:02 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: It's an A for me.

We are all freaking out about the value of Billings but when it's all said and done I think Boyd is a fantastic pick, and likely to be the best. I've gone back over the little I saw of him before and he really excites me, a proper #2 in every sense. Really polished route runner, superb hands and smashed some of Larry Fitzgerald's receiving records at Pitt.

Me, too.

Browns had 14 picks
Ravens had 11
Stoolers had 7

I think we still did better overall.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 08:02 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: It's an A for me.

Boyd will be a very good Slot receiver for us BB i am sure. First down machine with Green and Eifert taking all the attention.

I still think that Billings next to Geno will be the most special thing the NFL has ever known.

Two DT's right next to eachother and they just throw interior OL around like rag dolls. This will be very exciting. Shocked
Reply/Quote
What feminine hygiene product gave it a C-? Assbag.
Reply/Quote
1. Will Jackson, CB - A
2. Tyler Boyd, WR - B+
3. Nick Vigil, LB - C
4. Andrew Billings, DT - A+
5. Christian Westerman, G - B+
6. Cody Core, WR - B+
7. Clayton Fejedelem, S - B

Negative: Kinda bummed we missed out on all the top 4 WRs, but there wasn't much we could do about that. The Vigil pick was "meh".

Positive: WJ3 was a great get and nabbing him right in front of the Steelers was the cherry on top. We got one of the best WR prospects, despite missing out on the big 4. Billings was one of the top 3 steals of the draft. We addressed both lines. Getting a WR with the size/speed/production of Core in the 6th round was impressive. Fejedelem is a solid in the box safety and was great on ST for Illinois.

Early grade: A-
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 08:20 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: What feminine hygiene product gave it a C-?  Assbag.

Haha.

The thing is you have to look at it as a whole for me.

What mock draft would of got Billings, William Jackson III, Boyd and Westerman all in the same draft?

Thats just bat shit crazy.

In a great way.
Reply/Quote
No DE knocks it down a notch for me.

I would have preferred a different position in the first round, but I think we took the best player left at #24. So no complaints there.

Thank goodness the Bengals were not stupid enough to waste a 2nd or third round pick on Billings the way so many people here wanted them to do. Shows how much better the Bengals manage the draft board.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 08:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No DE knocks it down a notch for me.

I would have preferred a different position in the first round, but I think we took the best player left at #24.  So no complaints there.

Thank goodness the Bengals were not stupid enough to waste a 2nd or third round pick on Billings the way so many people here wanted them to do.  Shows how much better the Bengals manage the draft board.

The DE thought is true but not enough for me to take away my A+ with all the great players.

You will see Billings Fred, someday you will see. Ninja
Reply/Quote
My only critique is that there were only 2 picks in the trenches. A rotational DE would've been nice, but you can't have it all and I think that this draft has netted some really good players. Billings was a personal favorite and I believe that snagging him in the fourth is going to go down as a huge draft steal in a couple of years.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 08:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Haha.

The thing is you have to look at it as a whole for me.

What mock draft would of got Billings, William Jackson III, Boyd and Westerman all in the same draft?

Thats just bat shit crazy.

In a great way.

That's what you call a HAUL!!! We're talking about 5 future starters, maybe 6 (core) from the same draft. How often does that happen?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 08:30 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: My only critique is that there were only 2 picks in the trenches. A rotational DE would've been nice, but you can't have it all and I think that this draft has netted some really good players. Billings was a personal favorite and I believe that snagging him in the fourth is going to go down as a huge draft steal in a couple of years.

Agreed. I was hoping we'd take Oakman in 7.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 08:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You will see Billings Fred, someday you will see. Ninja

I never criticized Billings.  I just said the Bengals were so much smarter than all of the people would have used s 2nd or third round pick on him.

I just hope Billings is not this years Dawson.  Last year everyone was squealing about how he was the steal of the draft, and he did not even see the field.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 08:32 PM)Shady Wrote: That's what you call a HAUL!!! We're talking about 5 future starters, maybe 6 (core) from the same draft. How often does that happen?

Shady, i honestly have never seen this many great college players taken by one team in a draft.
Reply/Quote