Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green is great-but is he really ELITE?
Personally, I don't know who I'd rather have than AJ. I can see some guys who would be a lateral move swapping with AJ. But, no one is head and shoulders better. Plus, you add in AJ's attitude, which is head and shoulders above any other WR I've ever heard. That makes AJ elite, probably more than Chad Johnson ever was.
Reply/Quote
Loved watching his match-up with Richard Sherman. He made his fair share of clutch moves, and yes I definitely already thought he was elite.
Reply/Quote
He is elite. Haters just being silly. Any player that roast Baltimore like he has makes him special in my book. They are just hoping to cover him for a game before he retires at this point.
Reply/Quote
After the Houston game, when AJ couldn't get open against a rookie........I figured I'd resurrect this thread (and to piss Fred off)

Green = very good
Green = NOT ELITE!
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 04:04 PM)Whacked Wrote: After the Houston game, when AJ couldn't get open against a rookie........I figured I'd resurrect this thread (and to piss Fred off)

Green = very good
Green =  NOT ELITE!

You looking stupid does not piss me off.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 04:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You looking stupid does not piss me off.

Says the guy.....who....looks beyond stupid in his avatar Big Grin

Epic 

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 04:21 PM)Whacked Wrote: Says the guy.....who....looks beyond stupid in his avatar Big Grin

Epic 

Something needs to be done about this thumbnail issue. People keep using it, but when the image is clicked on, it can't be viewed.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 04:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Something needs to be done about this thumbnail issue. People keep using it, but when the image is clicked on, it can't be viewed.

Or maybe some members just need to educate themselves on how to insert images in their posts.

If they are smart enough.

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 04:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Or maybe some members just need to educate themselves on how to insert images in their posts.

If they are smart enough.

Rolleyes

That would be my resolution to the problem, but i'm just not up for giving another step by step tutorial as i've done in a previous thread. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 09:57 AM)Whacked Wrote: Love him and thankful to have him but not sure he ELITE

Too many dropped simple passes and does not fight for the ball amongst other petty things

Don't get me wrong - I think he is excellent but not ELITE 

(*Cue the homers..........)

Anyone change their minds yet from my original post and sentiment 3.5 months ago? Hope last night proves my point a bit further 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 09:57 AM)Whacked Wrote: Love him and thankful to have him but not sure he ELITE

Too many dropped simple passes and does not fight for the ball amongst other petty things

Don't get me wrong - I think he is excellent but not ELITE 

(*Cue the homers..........)

I think he's definitely elite (did you see his TD catch?)  But he sometimes loses focus, which I believe is what happened yesterday.
Reply/Quote
Here's a huge disparity. Julio Jones has the most catches in the league (125+) while AJ has only 75'ish. But Julio has been targeted 75 more times.

Would AJ be "elite" if he had more targets? We have way more offensive weapons than Atlanta, so. Antonio Brown is in a similar situation with 123 catches but a lot more targets.

AJ and Julio Jones catch rate is within 1% of each other.

So the question then is who do we think is elite to compare AJ to? Ms. Beckham?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Ah yes. AJ Green didn't have a spectacular game (just a good one) against the number 1 defense in the league with a backup QB throwing him the ball, he's not elite. Brilliant!
Reply/Quote
I guess you loved the play where he totally gave up on the pass in the end zone in a game that SIGNIFICANTLY mattered and oh by the way; had he NOT and caught it (which he does have the talent to do) - we win the game.

As stated.... EXCELLENT WR but not Elite.
Reply/Quote
Thread fail.

Less than 24 hours after he made some of the most amazing catches this year, we want to question his talent.
Reply/Quote
In other news. Rodgers turns ball over 3 times in loss. No longer elite.
Reply/Quote
Not questioning his talent. Hence the use of the word "EXCELLENT" several times in labeling him. He has SICK "talent".

I question him being ELITE. Having heart, passion, blocking like a beast, fighting for the ball, having that "put the game on my back and I will win it for this team" are a few (not all) qualities he does not possess that make him NOT elite.

He could be as he has the skill set.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 08:21 PM)Whacked Wrote: Not questioning his talent. Hence the use of the word "EXCELLENT" several times in labeling him. He has SICK "talent".

I question him being ELITE. Having heart, passion, blocking like a beast, fighting for the ball, having that "put the game on my back and I will win it for this team" are a few (not all) qualities he does not possess that make him NOT elite.

He could be as he has the skill set.

As it turns out, I happen to know 31 other teams who would love to have AJ on their roster. Just something to keep in the back of your mind.

Reply/Quote
Anyone who does not think AJ Green is an elite NFL WR: Please list those you do consider elite.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Jerry Rice
Marvin Harrison
Steve Largent
TO (yeah, seriously)
Michael Irvin
Tim Brown
Randy Moss
Art Monk
Larry Fitzgerald