Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green's Actions Says It All
AJ Green showed his frustration today by punching a Jacksonville player in the helmet. He's tired of a losing team. At least he wants to win. Dalton should have taken a knee on that play anyway. Jacksonville played so much better and earned the win. Something needs to change soon or other players will show their frustrations.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Well...we draft guys with major on field on off field red flags...so there is volatility.
Reply/Quote
You never see aj get emotional. It goes to show you the bungles are back! He is the one guy on this team 31 other teams would want. The rest should go for open tryouts.
Reply/Quote
Curious to see AJ's explanation.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Curious to see AJ's explanation.

Same.

People keep saying it's thr team the losing...AJ has looked bad before so has thr offense but for that reaction by AJ I'm betting on Ramsey pissing him off and Green seeing red.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Same.

People keep saying it's thr team the losing...AJ has looked bad before so has thr offense but for that reaction by AJ I'm betting on Ramsey pissing him off and Green seeing red.

I have little doubt it's a combination of things. AJ just hasn't seemed like himself lately. He's been cynical in a couple of post game press conferences (justifiably so), he's had a constant frustrated look in his eye, you could see his frustration on the field several times... AJ is normally not like that. And he's certainly not one to throw punches.

There's more to it than mere words and a shove from Ramsey.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:49 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: AJ Green showed his frustration today by punching a Jacksonville player in the helmet. He's tired of a losing team. At least he wants to win. Dalton should have taken a knee on that play anyway. Jacksonville played so much better and earned the win. Something needs to change soon or other players will show their frustrations.

Way out of character...can't believe it was purely a reaction to that one play by Ramsey.

Unfortunately hurt us way more than them - when AJ reacts like that to a seemingly fairly innocuous push you know the wheels have come off the wagon 
Reply/Quote
Perhaps this is a message to Brown.

No need to go to him...  let Mikey come to see what's wrong.

Then it doesn't seem like you're going behind the coaches' back.

If so...  well played sir.  Well played.

[Image: tumblr_n2eokr3dW51tqwlp1o1_500.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:08 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I have little doubt it's a combination of things. AJ just hasn't seemed like himself lately. He's been cynical in a couple of post game press conferences (justifiably so), he's had a constant frustrated look in his eye, you could see his frustration on the field several times... AJ is normally not like that. And he's certainly not one to throw punches.

I imagine it has a lot to do with a terrible season so far outside of one game (And most of that's not on him), beating Ramsey bad for a touchdown but having the pass be uncatchable, and looking ball for the ball every game just to see Dalton already on the ground or the ball being sailed out of bounds to avoid a sack. 
Reply/Quote

Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr  30m30 minutes ago
More
A.J. Green insists his blow up was an accumulation of cheap shots from Jalen Ramsey.

Katherine Terrell‏Verified account @Kat_Terrell  27m27 minutes ago
More
A.J. Green -- "I apologize to my teammates, Mr. Brown, and everybody, because that is not who I am. It just got the best of me today."

Katherine Terrell‏Verified account @Kat_Terrell  24m24 minutes ago
More
The two apologies were separate. He apologized publicly via reporters, but he also addressed the team, according to Carlos Dunlap.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:22 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr  30m30 minutes ago
More
A.J. Green insists his blow up was an accumulation of cheap shots from Jalen Ramsey.

Katherine Terrell‏Verified account @Kat_Terrell  27m27 minutes ago
More
A.J. Green -- "I apologize to my teammates, Mr. Brown, and everybody, because that is not who I am. It just got the best of me today."

Katherine Terrell‏Verified account @Kat_Terrell  24m24 minutes ago
More
The two apologies were separate. He apologized publicly via reporters, but he also addressed the team, according to Carlos Dunlap.
I believe every word of all that.  But there was frustration already there that got triggered.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:08 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I have little doubt it's a combination of things. AJ just hasn't seemed like himself lately. He's been cynical in a couple of post game press conferences (justifiably so), he's had a constant frustrated look in his eye, you could see his frustration on the field several times... AJ is normally not like that. And he's certainly not one to throw punches.

Exactly. Green is a 7 year veteran and never shown a hint of such behavior before...and we're supposed to believe someone finally said something that got to him? More likely is that Green was already frustrated and more prone to snap. It's not like he hasn't called out Zampese and the o-line already. He's been showing signs of frustration. Ramsey just picked a good time to get under his skin.

(11-05-2017, 07:16 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Perhaps this is a message to Brown.

No need to go to him...  let Mikey come to see what's wrong.

Then it doesn't seem like you're going behind the coaches' back.

If so...  well played sir.  Well played.

[Image: tumblr_n2eokr3dW51tqwlp1o1_500.gif]

As if Mike Brown cares. If he cared what players thought, Palmer and countless other players wouldn't have asked out.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I never got to see the play live, but when I got to see what happened through replay and memes on FB, I laughed. Green Threw Ramsey like a rag doll.

I can't really get mad at AJ. He's frustrated. We're all frustrated. We all knew what the offensive line was going to be coming into the year and all it took was the first game to verify that it was a train wreck and the year was going to be a wash.

Honestly, anyone who didn't see this coming is just a homer with blinders on.
Reply/Quote
Green, Atkins, Dunlap, Dalton...it's a race to see who demands a trade 1st to get out.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:24 PM)McC Wrote: I believe every word of all that.  But there was frustration already there that got triggered.

If I had to bet, I would definitely say there was for sure. If the Bengals were winning, he was able to get balls thrown to him on a consistent basis, and so-on then I doubt this would have happened. Instead the Bengals have bungled the last two offseasons concerning the offense and they are now one of the worst Os in football.

Reply/Quote

(11-05-2017, 07:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Same.

“It’s football,” Green said, via quotes distributed by the Jaguars. “Things get a little rough out there. When you start to take cheap shots when I’m not looking, that’s when I have to defend myself. I’m not going to back down from anybody. I have a son, and I’m not going to teach him to back down from anybody. It’s a respect thing. I respect all my opponents that I go against, but when it gets to a level when I’m not looking that puts myself in danger, I will have to defend myself. He was talking the whole time, and I was just blocking it out. I can handle that.”

“We were just running the clock out, and I turned my back and he shoved me,” Green said. “That’s not football. I’m not going to tolerate disrespect like that. I know we can’t fight on the field. He got under my skin, and I can’t let that happen. I’ve been the ultimate pro this long, and I can’t let little things like that get to me. I shouldn’t have reacted that way and I apologized to my teammates. That’s not who I am. It just got the best of me today.”

“As a player, as a man, and a father, that’s a reflection of me,” Green said. “I should have walked off in that whole situation. I definitely learned from this experience. It’s never going to happen again. I regret my actions. Whatever the punishment, I accept it. I put myself in that situation.”
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly. Green is a 7 year veteran and never shown a hint of such behavior before...and we're supposed to believe someone finally said something that got to him? More likely is that Green was already frustrated and more prone to snap. It's not like he hasn't called out Zampese and the o-line already. He's been showing signs of frustration. Ramsey just picked a good time to get under his skin.

As if Mike Brown cares. If he cared what players thought, Palmer and countless other players wouldn't have asked out.

The sad thing is that it worked out for him.

I used to think we as fans lucked out because we got Green, Dalton, and the draft picks came from the lopsided trade.

Not really.

He probably is so aloof and proud of himself that it will all just repeat itself.

Not realizing what an absolute mess that could've been.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
"A.J. Green said the fight was not caused by anything Ramsey said, but he felt like he was taking cheap spots at him. “He said: The ref came to me (on the) sideline and said next time he puts his hands to your face, we’re going to call it. I let it slide, let it slide, a couple of plays. It’s football. Things get a little rough up there, so I didn’t mind that. But when you start trying to take cheap shots when I’m not looking and stuff like that, then that’s when I’ve got to defend myself and I’m not going to back down from anybody. I have a son, and I’m not going to teach him to back down from anybody like that. It’s a respect thing. I respect all my opponents … but when it gets to a level, when I’m not looking and put myself in danger, I’m going to have to defend myself.”

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-40008382-4

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Green, Atkins, Dunlap, Dalton...it's a race to see who demands a trade 1st to get out.

1. Green
2. Dunlap
3. Dalton
4. Atkins

Is how I'd rate their chances. Green is easily #1 at this point. Dalton would be up there, but he's too nice. That said, he's looked pretty pissed himself lately. Dunlap complained about our offseason moves and just strikes me as a guy who could demand a trade. Atkins is the quiet lunch pail guy, so he'd surprise me the most.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Green
2. Dunlap
3. Dalton
4. Atkins

Is how I'd rate their chances. Green is easily #1 at this point. Dalton would be up there, but he's too nice. That said, he's looked pretty pissed himself lately. Dunlap complained about our offseason moves and just strikes me as a guy who could demand a trade. Atkins is the quiet lunch pail guy, so he'd surprise me the most.
Agree with your list.  As to Geno, though, maybe seeing your career being wasted right in front of your eyes could trigger an out of character reaction.

As to AJ, it's starting to look like sooner than later. It's coming.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote