Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Grier gone to the Patriots
(09-21-2023, 08:43 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think this points to Jake Browning starting Monday, we need a backup to the backup, ASAP. Browns best player goes down and they pick up Hunt next day. What are we doing. Nobody wants to throw to Tee/Ja'marr, look good for a bit and then sign elsewhere post superbowl win?

We are no where near the level of the Browns when it comes to acquiring players.

Lost Chubb. signed Hunt.
Lost Odell, signed Cooper
They had a decent starter at QB and signed a guy who had been Top 5.
Let Clowney go signed Zadarius.
DT sucked last year they sign Tomlinson.
Johnson wasnt good at safety, they signed Thornhill.
They invested in their oline for years.

Luckily the Browns do Browns things....

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 08:52 PM)casear2727 Wrote: We are no where near the level of the Browns when it comes to acquiring players.

Lost Chubb. signed Hunt.

My good friend is a Browns fan and he says the fan base can't stand the Browns front office. He says they overpay for talent that doesn't work out.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Strip Joe burrow away and leave Bengals management to handle the ship? Same old embarrassment it always was. We just got lucky that Joe burrow is as good as he is. Mike Brown is Mike Brown and he continues to live on and be the president of the Bengals.

The guy will continue to sit on his throne and not miss out on any photo opportunity that comes his way to show he's still relevant.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 08:59 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: My good friend is a Browns fan and he says the fan base can't stand the Browns front office. He says they overpay for talent that doesn't work out.

I live in CLE and they're just a bunch of drunks (the fans) who say they're going to the superbowl every single year.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 09:04 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Strip Joe burrow away and leave Bengals management to handle the ship? Same old embarrassment it always was. We just got lucky that Joe burrow is as good as he is. Mike Brown is Mike Brown and he continues to live on and be the president of the Bengals.

The guy will continue to sit on his throne and not miss out on any photo opportunity that comes his way to show he's still relevant.

Can we not please? They’ve made a couple head scratching moves in a row now, but they’re hardly back to “same old embarrassment.” The Bengals of old would have never gone out and signed an Orlando Brown Jr this offseason. We’d have Carman or Smith starting right now if they were still doing things the way they used to.

And we damn sure wouldn’t be honoring Chad at halftime Monday night, and putting him in the RoH.

Idk why people can’t just criticize certain things (fairly) without going all full doom and gloom.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Sign Brady

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 08:52 PM)casear2727 Wrote: We are no where near the level of the Browns when it comes to acquiring players.

Lost Chubb. signed Hunt.

Ehh, we kinda do Browns things outside of stinking into getting Burrow.  If Burrow is sidelined and our season goes directly into the toilet it indicates that all of our moves our fairly moot compared to being "better" than the Browns in the sense that we got to pick from a better list of QBs at #1 overall.
Reply/Quote
I feel like our front office has something going on. If I'm tossing out a draft pick, it's going to be waiving in front of Dallas. Rush signed a cheap 2 year deal, and now they have Lance. It's the only $$$ friendly deal I see out there that doesn't require relatively high draft capital.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Do people know who Will Grier is?

He's been in the league for 4 years and is absolute garbage.

I suppose the Pats could sign Kendric Pryor off the street and take the fast lane to the Super Bowl
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 07:50 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: He's expected to start for the Panthers this week as Bryce Young may be out due to an ankle injury.  The team he signed a 2 year contract with back in March.

And every QB ahead of Andy Dalton on the depth chart goes down with an injury.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 09:42 PM)pally Wrote:

Speaking of Boomer, we could bring in Carson Palmer so he could complete the Boomer cycle:

1. play for the Bengals
2. demand a trade
3. go to his home territory team
4. go to AZ
5. improbably return to the Bengals
Reply/Quote
Zac said earlier today that Grier wasn't ready to play. He didn't know the offense.

Florio threw out the possibility that the Patriots grabbed him because they play the Cowboys in week 4...who knows.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 09:52 PM)pally Wrote: Zac said earlier today that Grier wasn't ready to play.  He didn't know the offense.

Florio threw out the possibility that the Patriots grabbed him because they play the Cowboys in week 4...who knows.

Well, who knows the offense? Will Seimian be willing to come back to the team that cut him?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 10:13 PM)Nepa Wrote: Well, who knows the offense? Will Seimian be willing to come back to the team that cut him?

Hope you're wrong, Seimian's a pile of burning garbage. 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 09:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can we not please? They’ve made a couple head scratching moves in a row now, but they’re hardly back to “same old embarrassment.” The Bengals of old would have never gone out and signed an Orlando Brown Jr this offseason. We’d have Carman or Smith starting right now if they were still doing things the way they used to.

And we damn sure wouldn’t be honoring Chad at halftime Monday night, and putting him in the RoH.

Idk why people can’t just criticize certain things (fairly) without going all full doom and gloom.

Orlando Brown reached out to the Bengals at least that's what was reported. I just wonder if he didn't apparently want to play for us and reach out what we would've done as far as the oline? Might be starting Carman or Adeniji.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 10:13 PM)Nepa Wrote: Well, who knows the offense? Will Seimian be willing to come back to the team that cut him?

I'd assume it beats unemployment
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 08:59 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: My good friend is a Browns fan and he says the fan base can't stand the Browns front office. He says they overpay for talent that doesn't work out.

My point is the effort made by the front office is obvious.

Secondly, your friend is dumb if he think Zadarius Smith, Tomlinson, Cooper, Thornhill and Hunt are not good players.  Watson is trash but that is one guy.

Smith, Tomlinson and Thornhill would improve our defense tremendously. Hunt is better than any of the 3 backups we currently have.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 09:52 PM)pally Wrote: Zac said earlier today that Grier wasn't ready to play.  He didn't know the offense.

It wouldn't surprise me Belichick took Grier knowing the Bengals are in a tough spot right now at QB and he see it as an opportunity to give the Patriots a better chance to make the playoffs if the Bengals continue to struggle
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 07:44 PM)Nepa Wrote: Wow. That is incredible. 

Bengals need to turn it into a positive by signing a good backup QB.

BTW, why wasn't Grier on the active squad? He was a third round pick, he was on the Cowboys active squad for a while and now is on the Patriots active squad.

This.Why did they make it so he could get claimed by another team.Totally stupid move by Zac.
Reply/Quote