Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Grier gone to the Patriots
(09-22-2023, 01:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Grier-gone-to-the-Patriots

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Trade-for-Dalton-and-let-Burrow-rest-for-the-next-4-games

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-The-Backup-QB-position-Cooper-Rush-Jake-Browning-4-weeks-to-BYE-Burrow

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Who-do-you-want-to-start-Jake-or-Will

Those are literally all threads currently on the 1st page right now discussing the backup QB position. I swear, this place has been nothing but toxicity and clutter for 2 weeks now. It’s becoming unbearable.

One thing is becoming unbearable and it’s not a board member since 2015, making a mistake and posting a repeat thread. It’s your reaction to him.

Dude is a fan since 1986(55 years old) and has seen a boatload of Bengals football and came on this board to talk football and you were a dick.

I’m fine with trolling and being a dick jokingly or if provoked but to just start off an interaction in full dick mode is lame. That’s a grown ass man and most of us are. It’s about respect
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 05:02 AM)Housh Wrote: It’s not about being thread creation police….

Why you gotta be a sick about it? Ok there are threads discussing the backup QB position. Who cares, this isn’t a real place.

Inform the guy and let the thread die naturally.

Ppl get off on being assholes here and it’s an ugly part of this message board the rears it’s ugly head.

Easy as this “Hey bro, we’ve already got threads on this, let’s try not to muddy up the board with repeat topics. Thanks for your support though and keep posting threads.”

Defaulting to being a dick is weird and no one will ever convince me it’s not because of how unnecessary it is.

(09-22-2023, 05:07 AM)Housh Wrote: One thing is becoming unbearable and it’s not a board member since 2015, making a mistake and posting a repeat thread. It’s your reaction to him.

Dude is a fan since 1986(55 years old) and has seen a boatload of Bengals football and came on this board to talk football and you were a dick.

I’m fine with trolling and being a dick jokingly or if provoked but to just start off an interaction in full dick mode is lame. That’s a grown ass man and most of us are. It’s about respect

I think you need to reread the sequence of events. I asked if this thread was really necessary when there was already 4 others on the 1st page discussing the same thing. Then old Kev decided to double down and tell me that said threads did not exist. So I showed him that they did. If I came off like a dick maybe it’s because I was told to “cram it” for merely pointing out how redundant this one was.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Kevin you need to google Dwayne Haskins before suggesting that the Bengals should sign him…
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 11:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He was on the practice squad. Who do you remove to carry a 3rd QB?

Never cared for Grier, but if your QB is already starting the season gimpy carrying a 3rd QB is probably a good idea....

Jackson Carman has been a healthy inactive every week thus far. 
We've also not had all 4 RBs active at once so far.
Tufele has played 3 defensive snaps and 4 special teams snaps on the year.
Jalen Davis as the 6th CB has played 2 defensive snaps and 16 ST snaps.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 11:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Will Grier is entering his 5th season in the NFL and hasn't thrown a pass since 2019. This is most likely because in the 2 games he did throw passes, he completed 53% of his passes for about 200 yards, 0 TDs, 4 INTs, 1 fumble, and a passer rating of 33.2.

I'm not sure I see the "big mistake" of not cutting someone to put him on the 53 that others are.

That was his rookie year and still he started two more games than Browning did. He was a 3rd round pick in just 2019, who this preseason had a 103.3 passing rating, with 4TD, and in his final preseason game threw for 305 yards, completing 29 of 35 passes.

He also has been on two active squads, for Panthers and Cowboys.

I suspect the Patriots saw potential in him. He's a third round pick after all and we have two late round picks who have done pretty well (Purdy and Brady). The Bengals had seen enough that they jettisoned Siemian, who had starter experience, and picked up Grier. That Patriots saw enough that they made an active spot available for Grier.

I don't see how this is not an unfortunate experience, given that Burrow is one hit or one wrong move from not being able to play and the  Bengals only have Browning left.

The Bengals could turn this into a good thing if they use this as an impetus to go out and sign someone talented. But as of this moment, they have one backup QB and if that backup QB get injured, this could get very ugly.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 08:52 PM)casear2727 Wrote: We are no where near the level of the Browns when it comes to acquiring players.

Lost Chubb. signed Hunt.
Lost Odell, signed Cooper
They had a decent starter at QB and signed a guy who had been Top 5.
Let Clowney go signed Zadarius.
DT sucked last year they sign Tomlinson.
Johnson wasnt good at safety, they signed Thornhill.
They invested in their oline for years.

How's that working out for them?????
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 07:35 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: I honestly don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

Our 1 legged Qb is more than likely out on Monday our number 2 is basically hopeless and now QB3 has ****** off.

Does this make Mix the back up QB on Monday? LOL

#2 was in front of #3 for a reason. If #2 is hopeless, why would you even want #3. You people make no sense.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 11:25 PM)bengalsboy Wrote: This.Why did they make it so he could get claimed by another team.Totally stupid move by Zac.

Because Browning is better than him.
Reply/Quote
Some of you are awful quick to write Browning off. He knows the system, he worked on his footwork with Jordan Palmer in the offseason, he has Burrow-like escapability. I actually would like to see him go out with the 1's after a week of reps with them and see what he can do before we just write him off. Obviously he surpassed Allen, Semian and Grier to take the backup spot. Besides, Burrow is playing.
I swear, some of you guys should never ever ever mention again how Stooler fans get their self-actualization from the Stealers win/loss record. Something bad happens with this team, and people just start falling apart. This year, depending on Burrow's leg, may not go as we hoped. But then again, maybe it will. Either way it's not the end of the world.
Reply/Quote
Bottom line is, if Burrow can't play and we lost Browning, we're not winning any games by bringing in someone else's garbage who won't even know the system. Nobody that has a decent #2 is going to give them up knowing they themselves are one hit away from needing them. If it gets down to third string, we might as well just roll with Boyd or CTB back there handing if off. At least they know the plays.
Reply/Quote
Kevin, if you had bothered to read the other threads, especially the one one about Grier going to the Pats, you would know the status of some of the QBs you listed. That thread past the first post has been about who to sign.

Except no one brought up that OSU QB…because he DIED over a year ago

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I’ll point out again that Zac said Grier wasn’t ready to play BECAUSE HE DIDNT KNOW THE OFFENSE. So I’m not sure what positives he could have brought to a game on Sunday, other than to play QB for the scout team.
Drew Pliatt lives on Loveland. He can be at the facility in 20 minutes. Heck, if I were him, I would park my car at the front of the lot waiting to ambush Zac. Reid Sinnett is also still available. both know the system.
The Bengals knew about this move hours before it was publicly released, I would think they already made the calls to whomever they want to bring in

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 09:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can we not please? They’ve made a couple head scratching moves in a row now, but they’re hardly back to “same old embarrassment.” The Bengals of old would have never gone out and signed an Orlando Brown Jr this offseason. We’d have Carman or Smith starting right now if they were still doing things the way they used to.

And we damn sure wouldn’t be honoring Chad at halftime Monday night, and putting him in the RoH.

Idk why people can’t just criticize certain things (fairly) without going all full doom and gloom.

Fair enough then.  You tell me why they sit on so much cap space when they knew JB had an injury that could linger?  Why stick us with a backup who was pretty damn bad if you watched any of the preseason? 
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 08:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Some of you are awful quick to write Browning off. He knows the system, he worked on his footwork with Jordan Palmer in the offseason, he has Burrow-like escapability. I actually would like to see him go out with the 1's after a week of reps with them and see what he can do before we just write him off. Obviously he surpassed Allen, Semian and Grier to take the backup spot. Besides, Burrow is playing.
I swear, some of you guys should never ever ever mention again how Stooler fans get their self-actualization from the Stealers win/loss record. Something bad happens with this team, and people just start falling apart. This year, depending on Burrow's leg, may not go as we hoped. But then again, maybe it will. Either way it's not the end of the world.

I like Browning and I was rooting for him to win out the competition to be the number 2 QB. But when Burrow got injured to such an extent that his availability for Monday continues to be a discussion point, as does the possibility of re-aggravating the injury, then QB3 (Grier) should have been moved up to the active squad. Because having a 3rd QB is vitally important, as exemplified by many teams having a third QB on their active roster (including now the Patriots) and exemplified by what happened to the 49ers last year.

I think the Bengals just never expected the Patriots to swoop in an grab their 3rd QB. And now they have to go out and get a new one to learn the playbook.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 09:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can we not please? They’ve made a couple head scratching moves in a row now, but they’re hardly back to “same old embarrassment.” The Bengals of old would have never gone out and signed an Orlando Brown Jr this offseason. We’d have Carman or Smith starting right now if they were still doing things the way they used to.

And we damn sure wouldn’t be honoring Chad at halftime Monday night, and putting him in the RoH.

Idk why people can’t just criticize certain things (fairly) without going all full doom and gloom.

How dare you omit Boomer? Ninja Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Grier gone to the Patriots? He'll likely emerge as a Superstar up there, and go on to win 7 titles over the next 20 years. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 09:44 AM)Nepa Wrote: I like Browning and I was rooting for him to win out the competition to be the number 2 QB. But when Burrow got injured to such an extent that his availability for Monday continues to be a discussion point, as does the possibility of re-aggravating the injury, then QB3 (Grier) should have been moved up to the active squad. Because having a 3rd QB is vitally important, as exemplified by many teams having a third QB on their active roster (including now the Patriots) and exemplified by what happened to the 49ers last year.

I think the Bengals just never expected the Patriots to swoop in an grab their 3rd QB. And now they have to go out and get a new one to learn the playbook.

Again, Zac said Grier did not learn the offense. What good would he actually be other than wasted money?
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 08:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: How's that working out for them?????

THey have a better record then us and would be 2-0 if Tomlin's Headhunting mentality didn't delete Chubb's knee.
Reply/Quote
Front office has totally ****** up this backup QB situation.

How the HELL do you not bring in a competent backup when your QB has a questionable injury GOING IN TO THE SEASON?

What a disaster.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 07:42 AM)Nepa Wrote: That was his rookie year and still he started two more games than Browning did. He was a 3rd round pick in just 2019, who this preseason had a 103.3 passing rating, with 4TD, and in his final preseason game threw for 305 yards, completing 29 of 35 passes.

He also has been on two active squads, for Panthers and Cowboys.

I suspect the Patriots saw potential in him. He's a third round pick after all and we have two late round picks who have done pretty well (Purdy and Brady). The Bengals had seen enough that they jettisoned Siemian, who had starter experience, and picked up Grier. That Patriots saw enough that they made an active spot available for Grier.

I don't see how this is not an unfortunate experience, given that Burrow is one hit or one wrong move from not being able to play and the  Bengals only have Browning left.

The Bengals could turn this into a good thing if they use this as an impetus to go out and sign someone talented. But as of this moment, they have one backup QB and if that backup QB get injured, this could get very ugly.

So Grier's "strengths" are:

He started 2 games 4 years ago and was terrible at it

He was a 3rd round pick in 2019

He had a good Preseason game.

Hell, Ryan Finley was selected 4 picks after Grier, has more experience as a starter, was better at it, and has over 1 year's experience is Zac's program.

Why don't we want him? Because he's not very good, but he's been better than Grier
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote