Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Grier gone to the Patriots
(09-21-2023, 08:06 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Just stupid Bengals…just freaking stupid

Agree.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 09:04 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Strip Joe burrow away and leave Bengals management to handle the ship?  Same old embarrassment it always was. We just got lucky that Joe burrow is as good as he is.  Mike Brown is Mike Brown and he continues to live on and be the president of the Bengals.  

The guy will continue to sit on his throne and not miss out on any photo opportunity that comes his way to show he's still relevant.

He is 90 years old.He said a few years ago,he isn't running things anymore.Why don't people realize this?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 11:25 PM)bengalsboy Wrote: This.Why did they make it so he could get claimed by another team.Totally stupid move by Zac.

He was on the practice squad. Who do you remove to carry a 3rd QB?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 11:02 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me Belichick took Grier knowing the Bengals are in a tough spot right now at QB and he see it as an opportunity to give the Patriots a better chance to make the playoffs if the Bengals continue to struggle

That would be like 10D chess...and I doubt it...

Likely Burrow is playing Mon.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 11:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That would be like 10D chess...and I doubt it...

Likely Burrow is playing Mon.

That's how I see it.  

Either that or Tyler Boyd is goes from emergency backup to 2nd string.  

Or maybe Joe is pulling a Roethlisberger and overplaying his injury so all the commentators can talk about how tough he is.
Reply/Quote
Will Grier is entering his 5th season in the NFL and hasn't thrown a pass since 2019. This is most likely because in the 2 games he did throw passes, he completed 53% of his passes for about 200 yards, 0 TDs, 4 INTs, 1 fumble, and a passer rating of 33.2.

I'm not sure I see the "big mistake" of not cutting someone to put him on the 53 that others are.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 11:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Will Grier is entering his 5th season in the NFL and hasn't thrown a pass since 2019. This is most likely because in the 2 games he did throw passes, he completed 53% of his passes for about 200 yards, 0 TDs, 4 INTs, 1 fumble, and a passer rating of 33.2.

I'm not sure I see the "big mistake" of not cutting someone to put him on the 53 that others are.

I was somewhat surprised to see just how awful he was.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 11:52 PM)samhain Wrote: I was somewhat surprised to see just how awful he was.

Ive mentioned it a couple of times.  Grier has been bad his entire NFL career.  He had one good preseason game when he was told he would be cut.  Suddenly everyone just forgets how bad he has played in every other opportunity besides that one game.  I've never understood the Grier hype from our fans.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 09:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do people know who Will Grier is?

He's been in the league for 4 years and is absolute garbage.

I suppose the Pats could sign Kendric Pryor off the street and take the fast lane to the Super Bowl

Grier last played an NFL game in 2019 and that was the only season he played in an NFL game from what I am seeing.

Will Grier Career Stats:

Started 2 games   0 & 2 record   28 completions on 52 attempts  53.8%  228 yards  4.4 yard average per pass   0 TD  4 INTs

33.2 rating    7 rush 22 yards 3.1 average   0 TD     sacked 6 times   1 fumble which was lost

I would rather see what Jake Browning can do in his 3rd year in the System.  1 NFL pass attempt was incomplete  39.6 rating

*Likely lose with either of them but Browning has been working with and watching Burrow all of this Time. 
  Knows the System and the receivers/running backs/tight ends. He may just play above his head for a few weeks. (or not)
  AJ McCarron went 2 and 1 in 2015 during the Regular Season.  
Reply/Quote
With Patriots grabbing Will Grier from Bengals practice squad, They need another practice QB. IF Burrow injury forces him to sit, you need someone else suited up besides Browning, and maybe then one more QB on practice squad.

I have no idea what QBs sit on teams practice squads, but if Patriots could steal our practice QB, then the rules should apply that Bengals can steal other teams practice squad QB's.

Now didn't Will Grier play Grandpa Walton decades ago ? I'm not sure how much help he would have been.

You can't be down to one healthy QB only. Bengals need to bring in replacement to Grier quick. Then if Burrow has to sit some games, Bengals will need another QB. You can't have Browning as the only QB, because what happens if he gets injured in a game.

Burrow injury and Patriots stealing Bengals practice QB forces Bengals to have to fly into action getting QBs in here. What is the deal with Simeon who was in preseason, or Burrows back up last few years who is probably riding the bench for some team in Brandon Allen. I don't know who is out there as practice squad or free agent, but Bengals better get on it fast.

This is not a maybe or a Bengals don't need to. With Patriots stealing Grier off Bengals practice squad, Bengals are one QB short even if Burrow was healthy. That Burrow isn't all that healthy really forces Bengals to get a QB in here ASAP and if need be suited up to be on sidelines Monday Night, or at least on Practice Squad. May even want to consider AJ McCarron from Arena Leagues or whatever semi-pro he is playing in. Some mentioned Dalton, and if available, that is a thought. Bengals have to be bringing in a QB fast. Patriots stole their QB, so Bengals have to steal some other teams QB or a F/A. Myself, I throw out that Ohio State QB who was a 1st round pick but I don't think Washington coached or used him right, gave up on him too fast. I think he was one who made Burrow sit the bench at OSU. We are talking practice squad, so why not give top picks like him a second chance, or other top pick QBs who maybe went to the wrong team. There has to be some NFL QB needing a job, or a top college QB who was great in college but just fell through the cracks and not drafted. Heck, Tom Brady was almost not drafted. The draft people probably pass over a lot of guys who could play in the NFL. Where is Semian, who was in preseason and knows the playbook, or Allen who knows the playbook. Is Allen on a practice squad, if so, steal him.

What you don't want to see Monday Night is Burrow decided unable to play, and Browning the only Bengals QB suited up and no back-up. Even if Burrow and Browning are suited up to play, Bengals still need to replace the practice squad QB the Patriots just stole. Bengals need a QB and they need one fast, like yesterday if not sooner.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Were the 3 or 4 other threads covering this topic not enough?

Reply/Quote
Bring another Athens/OU guy in? Nathan Rourke? 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 11:52 PM)samhain Wrote: I was somewhat surprised to see just how awful he was.

Most likely because you read this thread and saw people exclaim how stupid we were to expose him.

Folks hate Trevor Siemien (IDK why) but the dude is miles better than Grier, 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 12:31 AM)kevin Wrote: With Patriots grabbing Will Grier from Bengals practice squad,  They need another practice QB.  IF Burrow injury forces him to sit, you need someone else suited up besides Browning, and maybe then one more QB on practice squad.  

I have no idea what QBs sit on teams practice squads, but if Patriots could steal our practice QB, then the rules should apply that Bengals can steal other teams practice squad QB's...

If you poach a player from another teams practice squad you have to put that player on the 53 man roster for a minimum of 3 weeks.  Therefore if the Bengals did what the Patriots did, they would need to find a spot on the 53 man roster for whatever QB they took.  

If the Bengals didnt think Grier was valuable enough to have on the 53 man roster, I doubt they would think any other practice squad QB out there was either.  The Bengals could have protected Grier from being poached as they are allowed to protect up to 4 players on the practice squad from being poached but they didnt think enough of Grier to even do that.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 01:00 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If you poach a player from another teams practice squad you have to put that player on the 53 man roster for a minimum of 3 weeks.  Therefore if the Bengals did what the Patriots did, they would need to find a spot on the 53 man roster for whatever QB they took.  

If the Bengals didnt think Grier was valuable enough to have on the 53 man roster, I doubt they would think any other practice squad QB out there was either.  The Bengals could have protected Grier from being poached as they are allowed to protect up to 4 players on the practice squad from being poached but they didnt think enough of Grier to even do that.

What you say makes sense except for one problem.  Bengals are now in dire need of bodies at QB.   If Bengals have to drop another roster player to make room on 53 man roster, then do it....Or at least bring in someone NOT on a practice squad who can go right to Bengals practice squad and not effect 53 man roster.

No matter how you look at it,  Bengals are short handed now at QB with Patriots stealing Bengals practice squad QB, and add in Burrow gimpy and some saying bench him until after bye week.  That would leave just Browning and I don't think Browning is Super Man to where he he can promise he will never get injured.  

Bengals are one QB short with Grier gone and two QB's short if Burrow can't play.   No matter how you look t it, Bengals better at least get some temporary help in here at QB and Fast.  Just who in the heck plays QB if Browning gets injured, what do they do, forfeit the game and take the team off the field. Even if Burrow suits up, Bengals still need a practice squad QB, but with Burrow gimpy, they need one ASAP.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 12:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Were the 3 or 4 other threads covering this topic not enough?

Cram It...there were no 3 or 4 threads on Bengals needing to sign a QB with Grier now gone....There were threads on Burrow injury, but not on Grier now gone and Bengals in dire need to get a warm body in here fast at QB. 

This isn't about maybe Bengals need to bring in a QB. The situation has changed and now Bengals have to bring in a QB, before the Monday Night Game if possible. Today if possible. I don't care who they bring in, but Grier just gone leaves them one QB short, and Burrow gimpy makes it worse. Bengals need to sign a QB fast, today if possible.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 01:19 AM)kevin Wrote: Cram It...there were no 3 or 4 threads on Bengals needing to sign a QB with Grier now gone....There were threads on Burrow injury, but not on Grier now gone and Bengals in dire need to get a warm body in here fast at QB. 

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Grier-gone-to-the-Patriots

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Trade-for-Dalton-and-let-Burrow-rest-for-the-next-4-games

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-The-Backup-QB-position-Cooper-Rush-Jake-Browning-4-weeks-to-BYE-Burrow

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Who-do-you-want-to-start-Jake-or-Will

Those are literally all threads currently on the 1st page right now discussing the backup QB position. I swear, this place has been nothing but toxicity and clutter for 2 weeks now. It’s becoming unbearable.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 01:19 AM)kevin Wrote: Cram It...there were no 3 or 4 threads on Bengals needing to sign a QB with Grier now gone....There were threads on Burrow injury, but not on Grier now gone and Bengals in dire need to get a warm body in here fast at QB. 

This isn't about maybe Bengals need to bring in a QB.   The situation has changed and now Bengals have to bring in a QB, before the Monday Night Game if possible.  Today if possible.  I don't care who they bring in, but Grier just gone leaves them one QB short, and Burrow gimpy makes it worse.  Bengals need to sign a QB fast, today if possible.

(09-22-2023, 01:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Grier-gone-to-the-Patriots

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Trade-for-Dalton-and-let-Burrow-rest-for-the-next-4-games

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-The-Backup-QB-position-Cooper-Rush-Jake-Browning-4-weeks-to-BYE-Burrow

Those are literally all threads currently on the 1st page right now discussing the backup QB position. I swear, this place has been nothing but toxicity and clutter for 2 weeks now. It’s becoming unbearable.

What say you to this, Kevin? Anything but an "I'm sorry" and you'll look like an even bigger tool than you already do.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 01:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Grier-gone-to-the-Patriots

Look dude, Grier hasn't been gone for 2 weeks now.  Grier is just gone today.   OK, there is a thread Patriots took Grier.   This thread is more about Bengals have to sign a QB now, they have no choice.   You use words toxicity, clutter, unbearable for 2 weeks now.   You use other threads to make your point, but the majority of these threads have nothing to do with what I've posted.   You are giving me a hard time because I post that Bengals will have to sign a QB fast.  That's just a fact.  As of yesterday, not 2 weeks, as of yesterday, Bengals have no practice squad QB.   Like it or not, Bengals will have to sign and get a warm body in here at practice squad QB, and yes especially with Burrow gimpy, but even if he wasn't.   Not 2 weeks dude, as of just now, Bengals are one short at QB on this team.

So again, Bengals now have to sign a QB, and I'll add again, they have to bring one in fast. This was not the situation the last 2 weeks as you mention, but it is the situation on 9-22-2023 today, thanks to Patriots making Bengals a QB short in last few hours.

Now I do have a fair question. Did you go on these other posts and bad mouth the original posters, or just me ? That is a fair question. Also, once again, the posts you mention over last 2 weeks have nothing to do with how in the last few hours Bengals have became short on QB's thanks to Patriots. So all I'm saying here is that Duke Tobin and Coach Taylor are going to be bringing in a new Bengal very fast, and I as a fan welcome whoever they bring in, because thanks to Patriots, Bengals do not have enough QB's now. Look for Bengals to announce the new QB very fast, and fill in fast the void Patriots left this team in. It may not be a big name QB for practice squad. Could be somebody who was a QB with Bengals just lately under Taylor and at least kind of knows playbook. Which is why I wonder if Semian is with anybody, he could be brought bask ASAP if available.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
It’s not about being thread creation police….

Why you gotta be a sick about it? Ok there are threads discussing the backup QB position. Who cares, this isn’t a real place.

Inform the guy and let the thread die naturally.

Ppl get off on being assholes here and it’s an ugly part of this message board the rears it’s ugly head.

Easy as this “Hey bro, we’ve already got threads on this, let’s try not to muddy up the board with repeat topics. Thanks for your support though and keep posting threads.”

Defaulting to being a dick is weird and no one will ever convince me it’s not because of how unnecessary it is.
-Housh
Reply/Quote