Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gronk
Mike Brown signed Terrell Owens for a year... this signing would be much better however. Never say never!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 09:26 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: I’m lost?  Are you talking about the insurance commercials?  I mean they obviously came to him for those commercials. I don’t really care what these guys do off the field short of rape/murder violence.   It’s football, it’s a game, i could care less if their political stance or the commercials they are in

Wow. Please tell me this is supposed to as sarcastic as Harley's post.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 09:15 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: Just seen a story on Yahoo that said Gronk said he wants to play with Burrow.   YES PLEASE!! GET GRONK!!!!!!!!!

http://amp.thecomeback.com/nfl/rob-gronkowski-says-if-i-had-to-pick-a-quarterback-itd-be-the-young-buck-joe-burrow.html

Thats cool with me. Upgrade, love Uzo but Gronk is still better.

Knew that Burrow would bring in the tops, this didn't surprise me. Tom kind of left Gronk hangin'.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 09:54 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Mike Brown signed Terrell Owens for a year... this signing would be much better however.  Never say never!

how crazy is it that we are the "it" team now where guys like Gronk would never even mutter the name Bengals as a place they wanted to play for
Joe B is so damn impressive on what he has done in such a  short time to help turn this ship 180 degrees....I mean Lebron James is tweeting that JB is "the Truth" and that article on Whitworth and how he saw greatness in JB when he stayed at his place.  We should add a nickname:
"Jackpot Joey" because thats what Bengals hit.  
Reply/Quote
Rob Gronkowski is a free agent. I would treat him like any other free agent, not like a star, and give him a proper interview and workout in Cincinnati. The idea of two tight end sets with Gronk and CJ Uzomah is very attractive.

Here, however, is my singular concern about Gronk: Is he able to shun stardom and unselfishly block for Joe Mixon and pass protect for Joe Burrow or will he expect every pass to come his way?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 09:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: No. He's been trying to rip off benefits from military members/families. 

Don't speak ill of Gronk. He's special.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 10:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Rob Gronkowski is a free agent.  I would treat him like any other free agent, not like a star, and give him a proper interview and workout in Cincinnati.  The idea of two tight end sets with Gronk and CJ Uzomah is very attractive.

Here, however, is my singular concern about Gronk:  Is he able to shun stardom and unselfishly block for Joe Mixon and pass protect for Joe Burrow or will he expect every pass to come his way?

Gronk seems like a team first kinda guy....that said, how much is left in the tank?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 09:21 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: Ha, touché. I’m sure there are some out there,  but this oline has gotten us this far.  Imagine adding a tight end to get the ball out even faster with a few upgrades to the oline,  Carman will have a year under his belt, maybe get Reiff back, add one or two more.  It’ll come together.

This team would be a friggin' juggernaut if we had a proper OLine.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
They come for Joe Burrow. They stay for the rings. Who Dey
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 10:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Rob Gronkowski is a free agent. I would treat him like any other free agent, not like a star, and give him a proper interview and workout in Cincinnati. The idea of two tight end sets with Gronk and CJ Uzomah is very attractive.

Here, however, is my singular concern about Gronk: Is he able to shun stardom and unselfishly block for Joe Mixon and pass protect for Joe Burrow or will he expect every pass to come his way?

Honest question - have you ever even seen Gronk play? He’s an excellent blocker.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 10:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: Gronk seems like a team first kinda guy....that said, how much is left in the tank?

This is the real question in my eyes. Gronk is still a great blocker from what I seen. 

I just don't know how his knees will continue to hold up after all the abuse they have taken.

Will he be able to run decent routes, he kind of rounded off his routes before, we will see if he falls off.

Give him a tryout no question if he wants to play with Burrow though.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 10:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Rob Gronkowski is a free agent. I would treat him like any other free agent, not like a star, and give him a proper interview and workout in Cincinnati. The idea of two tight end sets with Gronk and CJ Uzomah is very attractive.

Gronk is an excellent blocker but that’s not the point, really. If you have the opportunity to get an elite receiving threat at TE, you take him. It doesn’t matter if his run blocking isn’t the greatest. The value of a receiving threat at TE greatly outweighs the value of a run blocker.
Reply/Quote
That is quite an endorsement. I'm not a big fan of Gronk the TV personality but he is an outstanding football player and has said he will only play with Tom Brady.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 10:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thats cool with me. Upgrade, love Uzo but Gronk is still better.

Knew that Burrow would bring in the tops, this didn't surprise me. Tom kind of left Gronk hangin'.

I mean... "left him hangin" with an extra $17.25m (plus however much he's making off all those commercials, T Mobile, USAA, and more), a 4th SB Ring, and an absolute iron-cladding of his 1st Ballot HoF status.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Sounds like we just found our next RT.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
If the price is reasonable, you absolutely explore Gronk as an option for the '22 - '23 season while working to win back-to-back Super Bowls.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 10:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I mean... "left him hangin" with an extra $17.25m (plus however much he's making off all those commercials, T Mobile, USAA, and more), a 4th SB Ring, and an absolute iron-cladding of his 1st Ballot HoF status.

Lol, no doubt!
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 10:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I mean... "left him hangin" with an extra $17.25m (plus however much he's making off all those commercials, T Mobile, USAA, and more), a 4th SB Ring, and an absolute iron-cladding of his 1st Ballot HoF status.

Ha ha, true. Just meant that whole team of the Bucs was set up but without Brady it just isn't the same.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 11:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ha ha, true. Just meant that whole team of the Bucs was set up but without Brady it just isn't the same.

Brown gone, Godwin gone.

Plus that’s what happens when you lose an mvp qb.

That said I doubt Brady’s retirement caught them off guard
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 11:10 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Brown gone, Godwin gone.

Plus that’s what happens when you lose an mvp qb.

That said I doubt Brady’s retirement caught them off guard

They must of known more than most. From the way Tom was talkin' he was going to play until he was at least 45.

It was a great note to end on though, was arguably his best regular season and he will win the MVP Thursday night.
Reply/Quote