Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gronk
(02-08-2022, 09:26 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: I’m lost?  Are you talking about the insurance commercials?  I mean they obviously came to him for those commercials. I don’t really care what these guys do off the field short of rape/murder violence.   It’s football, it’s a game, i could care less if their political stance or the commercials they are in

With all due respect this take is almost as bad as your earlier post: 

".... but this oline has gotten us this far. Imagine adding a tight end to get the ball out even faster with a few upgrades to the oline, Carman will have a year under his belt, maybe get Reiff back, add one or two more. It’ll come together."

We need to upgrade C, RG, and RT without any doubt in my opinion.  Let Carmen battle Spain for LG.  This offense will explode when we can actually run 5-7 drop pass concepts - Chase & Higgins able to run double moves and deep posts, giving JoeyB time will result in an incredible display of offense.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 10:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Rob Gronkowski is a free agent.  I would treat him like any other free agent, not like a star, and give him a proper interview and workout in Cincinnati.  The idea of two tight end sets with Gronk and CJ Uzomah is very attractive.

Here, however, is my singular concern about Gronk:  Is he able to shun stardom and unselfishly block for Joe Mixon and pass protect for Joe Burrow or will he expect every pass to come his way?

So you are not much on Gronk I take it?  The guy is known for his sacrifice and win at all cost attitude, not a diva in any way with on the field play. Excellent blocker and 800 yards in only 12 games...

I am ok either way, but he would be a definite upgrade and just rocket this team's popularity even higher.

Rob Gronkowski: 'You Have To Be Unselfish If You Want to Win Championships: (5 minute mark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EewB4jWmC7Q
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 11:56 PM)casear2727 Wrote: So you are not much on Gronk I take it?  The guy is known for his sacrifice and win at all cost attitude, not a diva in any way with on the field play. Excellent blocker and 800 yards in only 12 games...

I am ok either way, but he would be a definite upgrade and just rocket this team's popularity even higher.

Rob Gronkowski: 'You Have To Be Unselfish If You Want to Win Championships:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EewB4jWmC7Q

Yeah, I would bring him in with his blocking alone. If he can still run routes it is a major plus.

Good luck Burrow missing that guy down the seam LMAO!
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 11:04 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: If the price is reasonable, you absolutely explore Gronk as an option for the '22 - '23 season while working to win back-to-back Super Bowls.

Exactly

I wouldn't in any way break the bank for him. We need to dump the money into Oline to bad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 11:51 PM)casear2727 Wrote: With all due respect this take is almost as bad as your earlier post: 

".... but this oline has gotten us this far. Imagine adding a tight end to get the ball out even faster with a few upgrades to the oline, Carman will have a year under his belt, maybe get Reiff back, add one or two more. It’ll come together."

We need to upgrade C, RG, and RT without any doubt in my opinion.  Let Carmen battle Spain for LG.  This offense will explode when we can actually run 5-7 drop pass concepts - Chase & Higgins able to run double moves and deep posts, giving JoeyB time will result in an incredible display of offense.

I’m really not sure what you mean by my take, I have no idea (sarcasm or not what he meant when he talked about Gronk ripping off military). I don’t follow that stuff, I don’t have FB, and I don’t watch commercials, I record everything and fast forward through it. So sorry I didn’t catch sarcasm in a text. As far as my take on the oline. Obviously it needs help. But how can you say it needs a complete overhaul when we are going to the Sb? I mean sure in a perfect world we have an all pro bowl line, but that won’t happen, add a fantastic blocking TE like Gronk, get reiff back. Jackson has a year under his belt, add one more in FA. and that would go a very long way!
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 10:52 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Gronk is an excellent blocker but that’s not the point, really. If you have the opportunity to get an elite receiving threat at TE, you take him. It doesn’t matter if his run blocking isn’t the greatest. The value of a receiving threat at TE greatly outweighs the value of a run blocker.

Im ok either way, but this is intriguing. 

How much does he impact defensive schemes with our guys?  As of today they must key on Chase, be extremely concerned about Higgins and wary of TB.  With Gronk roaming the middle that would cause serious chaos, IMO.

Pick him up for 1-2 more chances at the SB assuming his knees hold up?
Reply/Quote
Gronk would command too much money. Spend the money on the line.

He'll also be 33 by the start of next season and has only played in all 16 games of a season twice, and two were his first two years in the league.

We have a good young core........ no need to risk messing it up by bringing in Gronk.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 12:04 AM)Cosmokramer Wrote: I’m really not sure what you mean by my take,  I have no idea (sarcasm or not what he meant when he talked about Gronk ripping off military).  I don’t follow that stuff, I don’t have FB, and I don’t watch commercials, I record everything and fast forward through it.  So sorry I didn’t catch sarcasm in a text.  As far as my take on the oline.  Obviously it needs help.  But how can you say it needs a complete overhaul when we are going to the Sb?  I mean sure in a perfect world we have an all pro bowl line, but that won’t happen,  add a fantastic blocking TE like Gronk,  get reiff back. Jackson has a year under his belt,  add one more in FA. and that would go a very long way!

Gronk is in USAA commercials - its a joke.

And I can easily state why we need at 60% overhaul. Because of the following:

Due to the terrible oline we cant run a large % of our playbook as we are restricted to 3 drop pass plays - quick release options. This means no 5-7 drop concepts (no downfield passes such as double moves or deep posts, only the quick go route). Limits our offense drastically. 

9 sacks (really 11, but 2 didnt count) on 12 hurries vs Titans.

We actually had 17 hurries vs the Chiefs but Joe evaded the sacks.

I dont want Joe getting injured again and the most likely scenario he does is if we lead the league in hurries, hits and sacks again.

I would love to see Joe have time and run our complete playbook.  The only positions preventing this right now: C, RG and RT 

I would love to hear your thought process on keeping the worst right side of an oline in the NFL...
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 11:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ha ha, true. Just meant that whole team of the Bucs was set up but without Brady it just isn't the same.

I think the Bucs were kind of done even if Brady had come back in FA. Obviously cap space can be manipulated to hell and back, but they have like $15m as of right now and their FAs would have been....

Tom Brady
Rob Gronkowski
Chris Godwin
Jason Pierre-Paul
Ndamukung Suh
Ryan Jensen
Alex Cappa
Jordan Whitehead
..some other lesser guys, and literally all of their RBs.

They pretty much built themselves to go all-in for a 2 year run there. It paid off, they won a SB, but now they've got to pay the price a bit for it. (I'm sure nobody is really complaining as it's a price worth paying.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 12:56 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think the Bucs were kind of done even if Brady had come back in FA. Obviously cap space can be manipulated to hell and back, but they have like $15m as of right now and their FAs would have been....

Tom Brady
Rob Gronkowski
Chris Godwin
Jason Pierre-Paul
Ndamukung Suh
Ryan Jensen
Alex Cappa
Jordan Whitehead
..some other lesser guys, and literally all of their RBs.

They pretty much built themselves to go all-in for a 2 year run there. It paid off, they won a SB, but now they've got to pay the price a bit for it. (I'm sure nobody is really complaining as it's a price worth paying.)

I'd take Jensen and/or Cappa in a heartbeat... 
Reply/Quote
Ah, the Ring Whores are lining up telling their agents they want to play in Cincinnati. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 12:13 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Gronk would command too much money. Spend the money on the line.

He'll also be 33 by the start of next season and has only played in all 16 games of a season twice, and two were his first two years in the league.

We have a good young core........ no need to risk messing it up by bringing in Gronk.

Maybe he's content with the money he's earned and is willing to take a nice play with Joe Burrow discount price? Agreed though, if he's wanting big time dollars it's a pass.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 09:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ah, the Ring Whores are lining up telling their agents they want to play in Cincinnati. Hilarious

Hey, no Ring ***** Shaming here.

If All-Pros and future HoFers want to come here and help the Bengals win SBs, they are welcome. Doubly so if they are coming on below market contracts.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 12:14 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Gronk is in USAA commercials - its a joke.

And I can easily state why we need at 60% overhaul. Because of the following:

Due to the terrible oline we cant run a large % of our playbook as we are restricted to 3 drop pass plays - quick release options. This means no 5-7 drop concepts (no downfield passes such as double moves or deep posts, only the quick go route). Limits our offense drastically. 

9 sacks (really 11, but 2 didnt count) on 12 hurries vs Titans.

We actually had 17 hurries vs the Chiefs but Joe evaded the sacks.

I dont want Joe getting injured again and the most likely scenario he does is if we lead the league in hurries, hits and sacks again.

I would love to see Joe have time and run our complete playbook.  The only positions preventing this right now: C, RG and RT 

I would love to hear your thought process on keeping the worst right side of an oline in the NFL...

Ive kinda already mentioned my thought process,  You bring Reiff back which takes his spot back from prince,  Carman will be in his second year and improved (he already showed some promise later in year)  then pick up a good FA C.  Every team has their weakness, thankfully we have the pieces in place to overcome ours to this point.   Everyone wanted the O-line fixed last off season.  Had Cincy went strictly oline in FA during the offseason and went with Sewell or Slater instead of chase i could guarantee you we wouldnt have been in the playoffs.  No Trey, No Chase, probably no Awuzie/Hilton.  This team would have looked a lot different.  
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 09:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ah, the Ring Whores are lining up telling their agents they want to play in Cincinnati. Hilarious

And I love it.
Reply/Quote
What's wrong with you all, we don't need no Gronk.
Reply/Quote

Where do I sign up? 
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 09:57 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Maybe he's content with the money he's earned and is willing to take a nice play with Joe Burrow discount price? Agreed though, if he's wanting big time dollars it's a pass.

Gronk has four rings and doesn't seem like the type to pass up money just to play with Burrow.

Maybe he is satisfied with the money he has and would want to come here for another ring, but, like I said, I don't know if he'd want to come here since Cinci isn't the most glamorous place and I don't know how well it would go over with the team's chemistry.
Reply/Quote
Id be down for a one year deal for the right price, if it does not hamper us in other areas. Resigning our guys and improving the OLine are both musts.
Reply/Quote

I never thought I'd say this in my entire life, but I want my whores being big 300lb fierce men.  LMAO
Reply/Quote