Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gronk
(02-09-2022, 10:26 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Gronk has four rings and doesn't seem like the type to pass up money just to play with Burrow.

Maybe he is satisfied with the money he has and would want to come here for another ring, but, like I said, I don't know if he'd want to come here since Cinci isn't the most glamorous place and I don't know how well it would go over with the team's chemistry.

Gronk does have a big personality, but that seems to be off the field. He's always come off as a professional to me who goes about the craft of his position and game in the spirit of winning Super Bowls and doing right by his team mates.

Admittedly, I'm giddy about Bengals land right now. How cool will it be to win a Super Bowl and then talk about offseason possibilities as armchair GMs managing our elite fantasy squad?  Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 10:05 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hey, no Ring ***** Shaming here.

If All-Pros and future HoFers want to come here and help the Bengals win SBs, they are welcome. Doubly so if they are coming on below market contracts.

I never said that was a bad thing Rock On
All the elite players who are within a 3-4 year window of the end of their career are now looking at Cincinnati as their best shot. And it's a wonderful thing.
Reply/Quote
If Gronk would take less to play for a Super Bowl you have to consider it.
Reply/Quote

Reiff is not the answer. Do you know the end of regular season grades on our starting 5? We can do so much better and we should so we can protect Joe and open up the playbook.
Reply/Quote
If signing Gronk meant getting Sample off
This roster Im all for it.
Sample has been a huge bust.
Gronk.would add another seasoned playoff
Championship vet in the locker room.
Gronk would not ask for huge dollars either
For him.to want to play with JB speaks volumes
Reply/Quote
Indeed take him.

The Bengals are suddenly going to be an attractive place in FA like the Phoenix Suns are now in the NBA.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
If it's a one-year deal and he doesn't break the bank, I don't see how anyone could be against this. Provided we also bring Uzomah back.

Add Gronk to the mix after shoring up our offensive line and I don't know how you defend against this offense.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 12:56 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think the Bucs were kind of done even if Brady had come back in FA. Obviously cap space can be manipulated to hell and back, but they have like $15m as of right now and their FAs would have been....

Tom Brady
Rob Gronkowski
Chris Godwin
Jason Pierre-Paul
Ndamukung Suh
Ryan Jensen
Alex Cappa
Jordan Whitehead
..some other lesser guys, and literally all of their RBs.

They pretty much built themselves to go all-in for a 2 year run there. It paid off, they won a SB, but now they've got to pay the price a bit for it. (I'm sure nobody is really complaining as it's a price worth paying.)

Wow didn't realize that, thanks. Those are a lot of quality players they won't be able to keep. Would like to scoop up a couple.

As Ceasar here says...

(02-09-2022, 01:39 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I'd take Jensen and/or Cappa in a heartbeat... 

ThumbsUp

(02-09-2022, 09:57 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Maybe he's content with the money he's earned and is willing to take a nice play with Joe Burrow discount price? Agreed though, if he's wanting big time dollars it's a pass.

For sure, sounds like he would take a discount or he wouldn't say he wanted to play with Burrow.

We aren't going to pay top dollar for a 34 year old TE with a history of knee injuries.

(02-09-2022, 10:05 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hey, no Ring ***** Shaming here.

If All-Pros and future HoFers want to come here and help the Bengals win SBs, they are welcome. Doubly so if they are coming on below market contracts.

Damn rights. Mellow

(02-09-2022, 10:26 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Gronk has four rings and doesn't seem like the type to pass up money just to play with Burrow.

Maybe he is satisfied with the money he has and would want to come here for another ring, but, like I said, I don't know if he'd want to come here since Cinci isn't the most glamorous place and I don't know how well it would go over with the team's chemistry.

He wouldn't of said what he said if he didn't want to come here.

(02-09-2022, 10:27 AM)Pezmerga Wrote: Id be down for a one year deal for the right price, if it does not hamper us in other areas. Resigning our guys and improving the OLine are both musts.

My exact thoughts.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 09:15 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: Just seen a story on Yahoo that said Gronk said he wants to play with Burrow.   YES PLEASE!! GET GRONK!!!!!!!!!

http://amp.thecomeback.com/nfl/rob-gronkowski-says-if-i-had-to-pick-a-quarterback-itd-be-the-young-buck-joe-burrow.html

When i saw this post last night i was thinking what a bullshit site for such a rumor. 

When i woke up this story was everywhere.

It sounds fun but I don't see this happening.  I like the visibility it gives the team though.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 12:02 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly

I wouldn't in any way break the bank for him. We need to dump the money into Oline to bad.

This ^

Not a bad option at the right price.  The Oline must get fixed to protect the Franchise!
Reply/Quote
Brady is starting to crawfish on his retirement. He just can't stand it.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 09:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Who are you taking off the field to get Uzomah on?

Chase
Higgins
Gronk
Boyd
Mixon

Uzomah would be OJ Howard'd in that situation. Basically vanished from the team's production.

EDIT: Not to say I wouldn't make the move, though. I would take Gronk in a heartbeat. He would do WONDERS for the Bengals bad redzone offense.

That's kind of always been the problem with adding too many weapons. Someone's going to suffer.
Boyd's production has dropped the past two years as Higgins and now Chase have been added.
I realize it's about team production not individual, but it can frustrate some players.

I think we either stay the course with Uzomah or replace with either Gronk or even OJ Howard.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 03:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's kind of always been the problem with adding too many weapons. Someone's going to suffer.
Boyd's production has dropped the past two years as Higgins and now Chase have been added.
I realize it's about team production not individual, but it can frustrate some players.

I think we either stay the course with Uzomah or replace with either Gronk or even OJ Howard.

I don't want to replace Uzo after this season. But that would be the case if we did bring in Gronk.

Uzo is too much of a leader, this would be my main reason to say no to Gronk. That and pay.

Need to bring back our guys and get the OL completely stacked. This is the priority, we have weapons.

Gronk does help with blocking though as I have to keep going back to.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 03:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't want to replace Uzo after this season. But that would be the case if we did bring in Gronk.

Uzo is too much of a leader, this would be my main reason to say no to Gronk. That and pay.

Need to bring back our guys and get the OL completely stacked. This is the priority, we have weapons.

Gronk does help with blocking though as I have to keep going back to.

Uzo  Also has a much Longer Future in the League than Gronk.... If gronk is 2nd Tie end then it could work  do you drop Sample for a 1 year deal with Gronk
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 03:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Uzo  Also has a much Longer Future in the League than Gronk.... If gronk is 2nd Tie end then it could work  do you drop Sample for a 1 year deal with Gronk

I would be fine with that.

I backed Drew for years but he does next to nothing for the passing game. Still a good blocker but Gronk is a great blocker.
Reply/Quote
I'm ok with it if he talks Jensen into coming as well.
Reply/Quote
Just going to leave this here...

[Image: 6194006ea2e68800198a8453?width=700&forma...&auto=webp]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 05:09 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Just going to leave this here...

[Image: 6194006ea2e68800198a8453?width=700&forma...&auto=webp]

i must have started after that Season.... But hes already had a taste at being a bengal it seems 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 05:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i must have started after that Season.... But hes already had a taste at being a bengal it seems 

I just happened to remember he performed as such.
I think that it's also interesting regarding Brady's comments about Burrow.
That leads me to believe that Gronk's comments are not just fluff.
He'd have to play for a reasonable amount and accept a level of rotation though.
I wonder if he could play fullback in certain scenarios ?
Tongue
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 05:21 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I just happened to remember he performed as such.
I think that it's also interesting regarding Brady's comments about Burrow.
That leads me to believe that Gronk's comments are not just fluff.
He'd have to play for a reasonable amount and accept a level of rotation though.
I wonder if he could play fullback in certain scenarios ?
Tongue

Incentive Laden Contract lets do it....
Reply/Quote