Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grope a dope: Trump is on the ropes now
(10-08-2016, 12:22 AM)6andcounting Wrote: I don't care; the reaction from the left is funny.

It is funny. But its not just from the left (this thread not withstanding) it is from the right as well.

Trump has done something that no candidate or President has done in recent memory; he has united the far left with the far right. 

Dude was on a private bus in a Hollywood environment and was talking with another dude about women. Folks thinking they can identify what is wrong with the system readily feed it. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Trump has insulted women in public and on camera.

This is just another time.

And another time that his defenders can't help but pretend its nothing at all.

Sick, sick people.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-08-2016, 01:06 AM)GMDino Wrote: Trump has insulted women in public and on camera.

This is just another time.

And another time that his defenders can't help but pretend its nothing at all.

Sick, sick people.

All of it is bizarre to me. Just can't believe any of it is still happening.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(10-07-2016, 10:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So your actions don't matter unless you're running for President?
Let me break this down for you.

If you are NOT running for president, then your actions don't hurt your election chances.
And if YOU are running, someone ELSE's actions shouldn't matter.

No point in bringing up Bill's actions unless you are hoping for some deflection.
That won't work beyond the Trump base.
(10-08-2016, 01:11 AM)Dill Wrote: Let me break this down for you.

If you are NOT running for president, then your actions don't hurt your election chances.
And if YOU are running, someone ELSE's actions shouldn't matter.

No point in bringing up Bill's actions unless you are hoping for some deflection.
That won't work beyond the Trump base.

No need to break it down as it really isn't too difficult to understand.

Was Trump running for President (or any public office) 11 years ago when he made those private comments on that bus?

If you don't think the actions of the prospective Presidential family should factor into the discussion of the election, then that's your choice; however, it may surprise you to discover that they do. 

He is who we thought he was.

Not really that surprising. Some of the dumbest shits ive ever met recently voiced their support for Trump. And once again, it wasnt really surprising. For the man to make it as far as he has in this process somebody has to be supporting him. Just so happens the majority who want Trump to be our president are the type that most people probably wouldnt trust to pick dog shit up out of their yard.

All I know is I want the mastermind that lost almost a billion dollars in the early 90s with multiple bankruptcies to be the one negotiating our trade deals. The whole how he treats women thing just proves he is a strong man. It is his pristine business record and total lack of political experience that really pushes his qualifications to the max and makes it so easy to support him.
(10-08-2016, 01:18 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No need to break it down as it really isn't too difficult to understand.

Was Trump running for President (or any public office) 11 years ago when he made those private comments on that bus?

If you don't think the actions of the prospective Presidential family should factor into the discussion of the election, then that's your choice; however, it may surprise you to discover that they do. 

He was on an Access Hollywood bus and wearing a microphone... Soo not really that private.
(10-08-2016, 01:18 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Was Trump running for President (or any public office) 11 years ago when he made those private comments on that bus?

Is Trump running for office now?  Do those 11-year-old statements contrast or complement his current campaign behavior?

Shades of Billy Carter. Family members' behavior may "factor in" to the discussion, but finally it is the candidate we vote for and not the family member.
(10-08-2016, 01:39 AM)Dill Wrote: Is Trump running for office now?  Do those 11-year-old statements contrast or complement his current campaign behavior?

Shades of Billy Carter. Family members' behavior may "factor in" to the discussion, but finally it is the candidate we vote for and not the family member.

Sure he's running for POTUS now, not sure how  you missed that. And of course those 11 year old comments matter simply because we have become what we propose to hate. 

I do see that we have found common ground on Bill's actions factor into the process. 

(10-08-2016, 02:09 AM)nbfine32 Wrote: Sure he's running for POTUS now, not sure how  you missed that. And of course those 11 year old comments matter simply because we have become what we propose to hate. 

I do see that we have found common ground on Bill's actions factor into the process. 

I will explain the concept of the rhetorical question another time.

And "we" haven't simply become "what we propose to hate." 

Trump's vulgarity matters simply because no presidential candidate has ever sunk to this level--and on video, days before election.
Trump's core supporters don't see a big problem, mired in false equivalences to Clinton, indifferent to or approving of his misogyny,
and unclear about the political implications of trump's behavior.

But now Evangelicals and Mormons must go on record endorsing him--or not. No amount of false equivalence and free association to Clinton will
make him palatable.  And forget the undecideds now.
(10-08-2016, 12:18 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure where I said I was surprised (feigned or otherwise), but I do understand saying "I didn't say that" is frowned upon once someone says you said it.

Confused

(10-07-2016, 11:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They do not exonerate Trump. I just found it surprising dude said Bill's actions didn't matter if he did not announce he was running for President. I missed the part where Trump said he was running for President in the vid provided.

As to the rest:
(10-08-2016, 12:18 AM)bfine32 Wrote: If telling someone else what I would do with an attractive female without first wooing her and buying her a nice steak dinner is describing an sexual assault, then guilty as charged.

Trump was a playboy in those days and most likely talked up his game to someone he thought was awe struck. But it is what it is and the self-righteous will say "I never".

You are apparently listening to different audio than the rest of the world. And I say I never because I never have.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Trump was using social media on the middle of the night again. Here's what he had to say:

I’ve never said I’m a perfect person, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not. I’ve said and done things I regret, and the words released today on this more than a decade-old video are one of them. Anyone who knows me, know these words don’t reflect who I am.

I said it, it was wrong, and I apologize.

I’ve travelled the country talking about change for America. But my travels have also changed me. I’ve spent time with grieving mothers who’ve lost their children, laid off workers whose jobs have gone to other countries, and people from all walks of life who just want a better future. I have gotten to know the great people of our country, and I’ve been humbled by the faith they’ve placed in me. I pledge to be a better man tomorrow, and will never, ever let you down.

Let’s be honest. We’re living in the real world. This is nothing more than a distraction from the important issues we are facing today. We are losing our jobs, we are less safe than we were 8 years ago and Washington is broken.
Hillary Clinton, and her kind, have run our country into the ground.

I’ve said some foolish things, but there is a big difference between words and actions. Bill Clinton has actually abused women and Hillary has bullied, attacked, shamed and intimidated his victims. We will discuss this more in the coming days.

See you at the debate on Sunday.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
So, inaccurate claims and trying to ignore that fact that he was describing actions and it wasn't just words. And people will fall for this.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-08-2016, 09:05 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, inaccurate claims and trying to ignore that fact that he was describing actions and it wasn't just words. And people will fall for this.
What's inaccurate?
(10-08-2016, 09:16 AM)6andcounting Wrote: What's inaccurate?

Losing jobs and less safe. Last I saw jobs continue to be added and violent crime rates were down from 8years ago.

(10-08-2016, 09:18 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Losing jobs and less safe. Last I saw jobs continue to be added and violent crime rates were down from 8years ago.
I'm guessing Trump is referring to the 5 million Americans not in the workforce and his economic populism of jobs moving over seas. With danger, he's obviously referring to ISIS.
(10-08-2016, 01:10 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: All of it is bizarre to me. Just can't believe any of it is still happening.

About a week or so ago I made a "joke" about how my Facebook page is filled with Trump supporters who:

A) Think Hillary is old and ugly and fat
B) Think Bill Clinton treated women horribly.
C) Continuously post photos of half naked women or "joke" that that they are looking for a good time if their wife doesn't find out.
D) Deny they are sexist at all because Clinton did...something.  Or will do...something.
E) Deny everything Trump says or does that makes him look bad to sane people.

They are OUT IN FORCE today!  

"Nothing matters from 11 years ago!!!  Except what Clinton was accused of..."
"Boys will be boys!!!  Even 60 year old men talking about a case he settled and admitting his attacked her."

If it wasn't so funny it would be sad.
(10-08-2016, 09:25 AM)6andcounting Wrote: I'm guessing Trump is referring to the 5 million Americans not in the workforce and his economic populism of jobs moving over seas. With danger, he's obviously referring to ISIS.

But that isn't losing jobs when we are gaining them. And IS is just a fraction of the violent crime issue. So, still inaccurate, but his supporters will swallow it hook, line, and sinker.

(10-08-2016, 08:41 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Confused

As to the rest:

You are apparently listening to different audio than the rest of the world. And I say I never because I never have.

Audio you say. As to the surprise you got me, I said the word; however, it was not in response to Trump's words or Hill's actions; as I thought that was what we were discussing. My surprise was that someone on this MB said Bill's actions do not matter and no, I was not feigning, I was genuinely surprised someone would take that stance.

Dude said what he would do or has done to a woman (EDIT because gotca) and they would like it; although you have never said this to a buddy in private I have. This is not me or him stating they would or have sexually assault (against his or her will) anyone, but that makes a stronger talking point.

(10-08-2016, 10:46 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Audio you say. As to the surprise you got me, I said the word; however, it was not in response to Trump's words or Hill's actions; as I thought that was what we were discussing. My surprise was that someone on this MB said Bill's actions do not matter and no, I was not feigning, I was genuinely surprised someone would take that stance.

Dude said what he would do to a woman and they would like it; although you have never said this to a buddy in private I have. This is not me or him stating they would sexually assault (against his or her will) anyone, but that makes a stronger talking point.

Dude said what he DID to a woman...

You can't just ignore his words.

Oh wait...you can.  Just like you ignore anyone who disagrees.

Carry on.