Sign Whit
68.29%
28 68.29%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Guard or Tackle
(02-23-2017, 01:35 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: 5. Andrew Whitworth, LT, Cincinnati Bengals (89.0)

Perpetually one of the league’s most consistent and reliable tackles, Andrew Whitworth has once again been the best lineman on the Cincinnati Bengals’ roster, as well as one of the league’s best. Whitworth has surrendered four sacks, but only 13 total QB pressures this season, despite Andy Dalton holding onto the ball longer than he typically has in the past. Whitworth is getting up there in age (he turns 35 on Dec. 12), but that has yet to have a detrimental effect on his play.

23. Kevin Zeitler, RG, Cincinnati Bengals (85.7)

Cincinnati’s offensive line has had its issues this year, but those issues are coming from specific players along the line, and not the unit as a whole. Kevin Zeitler is having another good season, giving him a remarkably-consistent run of solid play dating back at least three seasons now. Zeitler has only been responsible for a single sack, and has allowed 14 total QB pressures for the Bengals this season while run blocking well and opening up holes for the RBs.

This is a list of the top 25 linemen in the NFL. Whit is ranked higher but not by that much. That is what I meant by similar in skill. I know LT is a more important position and Whit has been better over his career, but how long does he have left? Shouldn't the Bengals invest in the younger player? 

Keep in mind that big Z had to help Bodine and the right tackle spot.  As bad as those two positions were last season they would have been much worse without big Z
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It seems like there will be some options at both T and G in FA if we chose to go that route. I am not talking the high end earl FA's but even the second wave will have some decent options for both. I think if Whit leaves we are more likely to go that route than if Zeitler leaves though because of the presence of Westerman.
Reply/Quote
Since we had a losing season it would have been nice to have tried some of the combos to see how they would work together in a game.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 03:08 PM)SYLVIA Wrote: Since we had a losing season it would have been nice to have tried some of the combos to see how they would work together in a game.

Sure would of been nice to see Westerman at Guard when Boling was hurt.

TJ Johnson has never played well at Center in Preseason so i would understand why they didn't put him there but
to start TJ an UDFA over Westerman in the final game seemed extremely stupid at the time. Even stupider if they
intended on letting Zeitler go.

Now we have no idea what we have at Guard and an inept Coach to not coach our Guard's up.

The FO will have to dip into FA to appease the offensive players and fans if we lose both of these guys...

they will have to.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 04:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:
Sure would of been nice to see Westerman at Guard when Boling was hurt.

TJ Johnson has never played well at Center in Preseason so i would understand why they didn't put him there but
to start TJ an UDFA over Westerman in the final game seemed extremely stupid at the time. Even stupider if they
intended on letting Zeitler go.

Now we have no idea what we have at Guard and an inept Coach to not coach our Guard's up.

The FO will have to dip into FA to appease the offensive players and fans if we lose both of these guys...

they will have to.

This is probably my biggest complaint about Marvin. His loyalty to vets is way too strong even when the season is shot.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 04:34 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: This is probably my biggest complaint about Marvin. His loyalty to vets is way too strong even when the season is shot.

Gotta atleast see what you got with your draft pick.

We know what we have with TJ Johnson and even if he looked okay in one game it does not make up for all the
times he sucked against 3rd and 4th stringers in Preseason. Westerman atleast looked good in the Preseason.

Another complaint i have is the lack of aggressiveness going into halftime, but yeah, this one is frustrating.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 04:34 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: This is probably my biggest complaint about Marvin. His loyalty to vets is way too strong even when the season is shot.

That was my big problem. DeCastro's deal ended any hope we had of re-signing Zeitler. I figured we'd see him get some playing time, but he rode the bench the whole season. Even when we played our last game Trey Hopkins was called up and got playing time over Westerman. It makes me wonder if he had some sort of injury that was never disclosed (unlikely) or he just wasn't ready to play. That makes me feel so comfortable letting Zeitler walk.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 05:24 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: That was my big problem. DeCastro's deal ended any hope we had of re-signing Zeitler. I figured we'd see him get some playing time, but he rode the bench the whole season. Even when we played our last game Trey Hopkins was called up and got playing time over Westerman. It makes me wonder if he had some sort of injury that was never disclosed (unlikely) or he just wasn't ready to play. That makes me feel so comfortable letting Zeitler walk.

Yeah, makes me feel all tingly inside.

We sure were prepared.
Reply/Quote