Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guess AJs production for this Sunday night
Im going to go with 3 catches for 25 yards and no touchdowns.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
4 catches for 54 yards.

He'll have 3 catches on the opening drive and then 1 in the 4th quarter.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
3 catches 1 critical fumble
Reply/Quote
10 catches - 220 yds. - 3 TD's (Oh by the way, he's on my fantasy team.) Ninja
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
3 catches for 25 yards?! Errr no. I can see closer to 80 yards, he will make a big play.

Reply/Quote
Probably 3 or 4 catches...I love AJ and all but sometimes this guy doesn't play up to his "elite" level especially when a good CB covers him and you know Peterson will be on him
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 08:24 PM)Trademark Wrote: Probably 3 or 4 catches...I love AJ and all but sometimes this guy doesn't play up to his "elite" level especially when a good CB covers him and you know Peterson will be on him

This. It is what it is. Love AJ, but good corners take him out of his game. I don't see him having a big impact. Hopefully Eifert and MLJ step up.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 08:24 PM)Trademark Wrote: Probably 3 or 4 catches...I love AJ and all but sometimes this guy doesn't play up to his "elite" level especially when a good CB covers him and you know Peterson will be on him

See I don't think the corners take him out of the game at all. I think Hue and in the past Gruden gameplan him out of the equation. 

On certain big games, like last week Dalton doesn't even give him a chance, barely looked at him all night.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 09:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This. It is what it is. Love AJ, but good corners take him out of his game. I don't see him having a big impact. Hopefully Eifert and MLJ step up.

Doesn't this apply to every single WR in the league.

AJ is third all time in receiving yards per game, so that means every other WR is being "taken out of the game" at times.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 06:07 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: See I don't think the corners take him out of the game at all. I think Hue and in the past Gruden gameplan him out of the equation. 

On certain big games, like last week Dalton doesn't even give him a chance, barely looked at him all night.

How do you know thats not because he was covered, though? It's impossible from the broadcast to see downfield and how open receivers are. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
8 Targets 7 catches 102 yards 2 TDs
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 12:36 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: How do you know thats not because he was covered, though? It's impossible from the broadcast to see downfield and how open receivers are. 

It's impossible to see, but when Jon Gruden says no one was open over and over.........and this isn't the first PrimeTime letdown I've heard those words uttered during the game.  Before though, everyone was too busy with the microscope on the OC or QB.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 12:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Doesn't this apply to every single WR in the league.

AJ is third all time in receiving yards per game, so that means every other WR is being "taken out of the game" at times.

That's my thinking. With the rules as they are now, if a guy gets 10-12 targets a game, he's doing good to beat good coverage 3-4 times, and make the catch in bounds for positive yards. I don't remember all the numbers, but career I think Green is around 10 targets a game with an average of 6 receptions. His target/receptions are in line (and in some cases a little better) than Anotnio Brown, Julio Jones and Edelman.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 06:09 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Im going to go with 3 catches for 25 yards and no touchdowns.

Probably all in the first drive in an attempt to avoid "Indifferent AJ", but he seems to give up when he is successfully pressed.  

I'm hoping Marvin goes off and that lights a fire under AJ.  What makes New England so special on offense is the level of commitment from every weapon when their number is called.  The Bengals seem to have a lot of inconsistent players on offense, and I am not talking about Dalton.  If Eifert catches those three easy balls, Dalton completes 70% of his passes and has over 270 yards.  

The dumbest thing Andy did was that bomb on first down.  I get giving your guy a chance to make a play, but on first down, that was just dumb.  Maybe third and 15 since it acted like a punt, but not on first down.  
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 02:11 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Probably all in the first drive in an attempt to avoid "Indifferent AJ", but he seems to give up when he is successfully pressed.   

This is getting ridiculous.

We have a WR that puts up some of the greatest numbers in NFL history and he gets accused of "giving up when he is pressed"?

How can Green have so many faults and still have production that ranks among the bets all time?
Reply/Quote
7 catches for 111 yards 1 TD
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 02:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is getting ridiculous.

We have a WR that puts up some of the greatest numbers in NFL history and he gets accused of "giving up when he is pressed"?

How can Green have so many faults and still have production that ranks among the bets all time?

Uh, he racks up huge games when playing inferior opponents?  And there are plenty of those.  This version of AJ shows up against Joe Haden, JJoe, and I am guessing Patrick Peterson.  I didn't say it happens all the time.  I said when he is pressed, and there aren't many that can do that.  

Why don't you read some of these posts before firing off moronic replies?  
Reply/Quote
How many targets does Green get in those games against the top CBs?

Can't have a great game if the ball isn't thrown your way and plenty of teams go away from top CBs, by design, when playing against them.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 04:43 PM)SHRacerX Wrote:  This version of AJ shows up against Joe Haden, JJoe, and I am guessing Patrick Peterson.

Didn't the Texans have J Joe last year when Green torched them for 121 yards?
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 11:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Didn't the Texans have J Joe last year when Green torched them for 121 yards?

Yes, they did....so you are saying that JJoe wasn't as good as AJ last year, but this year he was much better?  I guess so.  AJ wasn't open at all Monday Night and he looked to be jogging on a lot of his routes.  

Nice try, though....usually aging CBs have MORE trouble with WRs in their prime.  
Reply/Quote