Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
HOO WUN??
It's weird. All my far right friends are criticizing the moderation, but the only thing I can see he did wrong was not muting The Don's mic. He tried to keep things on track and trump just routinely tried to chime in with irrelevant points and trying to draw comparisons to bernie sanders.

The odd part was all trump had to do to "win" was play it cool and not act like Biden was up on him. Instead he couldn't stop talking.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 12:19 AM)Dill Wrote: Yes, he did. But Hillary was more composed than Biden. 

She knew how and when to let him go. She never called him a "clown", or otherwise tried to return insults in kind. Biden gave in to that impulse. 

On the other hand, Triump was not as desperate then as he was this time around. He did not interrupt Hillary as aggressively as he did Biden and Wallace.

Such a handful for the moderator. How could you fact check those crazy Hunter Biden, ditched ballot, Dem violence riffs.

Looking forward to the polls.

Hillary couldn't have gotten away with it, though. The standards we set for women are different and while Biden doesn't come off looking great with that stuff, Clinton would've been dragged for it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 07:20 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Hillary couldn't have gotten away with it, though. The standards we set for women are different and while Biden doesn't come off looking great with that stuff, Clinton would've been dragged for it.

Agreed. I've been saying this for years mostly in the context of talking my liberal friends out of wishing for Warren vs Trump.  
Reply/Quote
This was the most disgusting, embarrassing debate in American history. Their were no winners. If jo Jorgensen would have been allowed on that stage with those two, she would have won the hearts of the American voters.

Reply/Quote
We watched the entire thing together. My wife and I are undecided right now, but I prefer a President who can refrain from playground behavior. Mr. Trump had us laughing at his antics. Thank you sir, you're making our votes easier to decide.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 07:57 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: This was the most disgusting, embarrassing debate in American history. Their were no winners. If jo Jorgensen would have been allowed on that stage with those two, she would have won the hearts of the American voters.

Can't be giving the American people a choice they might actually prefer other than two different flavors of shit, now can we Harley?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
As an Australian and an outsider looking in that debate was so cringeworthy, Trump's behaviour was disgusting but Biden was too easily flustered and was looking for protection from the moderator. All in all there are absolutely no winners from that terrible excuse for a debate.
Reply/Quote
Biden won. Trump showing bad decorum to a moderator from Fox, who must have asked him 10 times to be quiet. Biden wanted to be more moderate when Trump attacked him on Bernie ideas, Biden wouldn't answer the pack the court question. Trump might have actually won on prison reform. Trump just did a lot of stupid things though. Referring to Biden's school grades was a fail..plenty of people find their niche after school.
Reply/Quote
Didn't even watch the debate and I already know Biden won.

Trump's had four years on the job already. I've seen enough.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 12:08 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: All I know is America lost.

What I will say is that I find it amazing that there will be people that genuinely believe that Trump killed it during the debate.

While Biden was less than stellar (name calling and his little flip flop on the green new deal stuck out) I think that by any actual standards of preparation and professionalism he was ahead of Trump.

I did a quick check on Facebook and none of my friends seem particularly thrilled.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 11:54 PM)Dill Wrote: I think Biden, by standards I have already laid out on Philos thread.

I am disappointed that Biden called Trump a "clown" and a "racist."  He'd have looked so much more presidential if he'd kept his mouth shut WHILE TRUMP WAS INTERRUPTING.  He is not Hillary when it comes to focus and precision.

But Jeezus, Trump. Wallace could not control him. The repeated riffs on Hunter Biden, like the American people need a separate debate on debunked Fox reporting.

Proud Boys--STAND BY?  Got to do something about ANTIFA!! The ballots found in the trash, all marked for Trump--WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT!?!

Feel sorry for Chris Wallace. What's going to happen to the next moderators? Sometimes he sounded like the child trying to protect his mother from an abusive alcoholic father, trying to segue from a Biden point into a Trump rant. "Next question will make you happy, Mr President!"

What just happened?? People are watching in Europe, China. Brazil. Nigeria. . . .Russia!  "SCIENCE DOESN'T KNOW!"

(Micheaelsean is right; I wanted this to be over)

I'd say neither won, but I will concede Biden did better just because he didn't interrupt Trump nearly as much as Trump interrupted him.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 01:49 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm moving to Canada with Truck. This country is screwed either way IMO. Sad

LOL

Nati's right; border is closed, my apologies!

I do have a spare room though! Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
As I sat and watched last night I was struck by the point (made by many) that The POTUS does not talk about policies or plans. He speaks in generalities and innuendo.

The "leader of the free world" didn't want to talk about his vision for the country (short of "making it great again") but rather about his opponent.

While I wish Biden had not called Trump a "clown" it was a bit refreshing to hear someone stand up and tell him to stop yapping when he was speaking out of turn.

Part of effective speaking is listening. Trump's apparent inability to listen and respond but only to attack is bad. As is apparent inability to follow the rules or respect others...even when they disagree with him. ESPECIALLY when they disagree with him.

Many of his supporters love his bombastic style. The like a guy who "speaks his mind". So do I. In the right circumstances. Not when you are national/worldwide television with a chance to tell everyone what a great job you did and what you have planned for the future.

The POTUS looked small and childish.

It would be refreshing to have a debate with actual question-answer-rebuttal-response but that will not happen this year. (Maybe the VP debate. Harris and Pence do not have Trump's style or Biden's lack of tolerance for it.)

I do not know who will win in November. I do know that we need better debates if we are going to continue to have them.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 02:16 AM)Dill Wrote: Don Lemon all upset that Trump couldn't condemn white nationalists.

(09-30-2020, 02:39 AM)Dill Wrote: after President Trump refused to denounce white supremacy

Except he did, though. I mean, sure he interrupted Wallace to do it, but as Wallace was asking the question "Do you denounce white supremecy..." Trump interrupted by saying "I do" or "Yes". 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 07:57 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: This was the most disgusting, embarrassing debate in American history. Their were no winners. If jo Jorgensen would have been allowed on that stage with those two, she would have won the hearts of the American voters.

It may be too late for this upcoming election, but last night's debacle would be a great starting point for either a 3rd party movement or a movement to do away with our 2 party system (I know there have been attempts before, but I think the support would be overwhelming and the highest its ever been after last night).
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 09:17 AM)GMDino Wrote: As I sat and watched last night I was struck by the point (made by many) that The POTUS does not talk about policies or plans. He speaks in generalities and innuendo.

The "leader of the free world" didn't want to talk about his vision for the country (short of "making it great again") but rather about his opponent.

While I wish Biden had not called Trump a "clown" it was a bit refreshing to hear someone stand up and tell him to stop yapping when he was speaking out of turn.

Part of effective speaking is listening. Trump's apparent inability to listen and respond but only to attack is bad. As is apparent inability to follow the rules or respect others...even when they disagree with him. ESPECIALLY when they disagree with him.

Many of his supporters love his bombastic style. The like a guy who "speaks his mind". So do I. In the right circumstances. Not when you are national/worldwide television with a chance to tell everyone what a great job you did and what you have planned for the future.

The POTUS looked small and childish.

It would be refreshing to have a debate with actual question-answer-rebuttal-response but that will not happen this year. (Maybe the VP debate. Harris and Pence do not have Trump's style or Biden's lack of tolerance for it.)

I do not know who will win in November. I do know that we need better debates if we are going to continue to have them.

I'd argue we need better CANDIDATES.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 09:19 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Except he did, though. I mean, sure he interrupted Wallace to do it, but as Wallace was asking the question "Do you denounce white supremecy..." Trump interrupted by saying "I do" or "Yes". 

And he told "proud boys" to stand by and mentioned how someone has to do something about the left.

I don't think groups like those proud boys feel particularly denounced after that one. They immediately creasted a "stand by" logo.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 09:21 AM)PhilHos Wrote: It may be too late for this upcoming election, but last night's debacle would be a great starting point for either a 3rd party movement or a movement to do away with our 2 party system (I know there have been attempts before, but I think the support would be overwhelming and the highest its ever been after last night).

The 2016 ticket of Johnson/Weld was far better than the 2020 ticket, so i think the Libertarian party is just reloading for 2024.  

I can see why they'd rather not be involved and dragged down by the current crapshow. If the two party system is determined to hit rock bottom with this, so be it.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 09:24 AM)hollodero Wrote: And he told "proud boys" to stand by and mentioned how someone has to do something about the left.

I don't think groups like those proud boys feel particularly denounced after that one. They immediately creasted a "stand by" logo.

Technically he told them to stand back and stand by (whatever that's supposed to mean), but are the proud boys a white supremacist group? According to Wikipedia they have officially rejected white supremacy. 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 09:29 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Technically he told them to stand back and stand by (whatever that's supposed to mean), but are the proud boys a white supremacist group? According to Wikipedia they have officially rejected white supremacy. 

My gripe is that Trump brags his supporters would never waiver, yet he won't just flat out denounce white supremacy. Is that a risky thing to say?

Meanwhile he said Biden wouldn't say certain things or he'd lose his radical left and Biden said them and Trump concluded that Biden just lost the left.  It's some bizarre stuff. 
Reply/Quote