Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Kwanzaa
from a 68 year old white lady:

Wishing everyone the best this Kwanzaa. To all celebrating—Bill and I send you our warmest wishes. -H

[Image: CXMbArXUMAA2t4e.jpg]

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/680911743632175104?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
That's awfully nice of her.

I wonder how we'll turn this into something negative....
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(12-28-2015, 04:42 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: That's awfully nice of her.  

Well you can click on the link and see how many view this.

But as long as white, middle-aged folks find it to be nice.......

Not only is she in touch with the African American community, she is also a Spanish Grandma:

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/feed/8-ways-hillary-clinton-just-your-abuela/

No pandering here....

Arrrrghhhh!!! Old white ladies must not be kind to anyone other than other old white ladies!!! Arrrrghhhh!!!
LFG  

(12-28-2015, 09:16 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Arrrrghhhh!!! Old white ladies must not be kind to anyone other than other old white ladies!!! Arrrrghhhh!!!

Everybody line up behind JC that thinks it was a simple act of kindness.....

She was so kind that she even changed her Logo to resemble the 7 candles of Kwanzaa

(12-28-2015, 04:42 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: That's awfully nice of her.  

Well, the same way that Mexican females overwhelmingly objected to her "abuela" campaign as pandering, I suppose the Black folk that intend on voting will see the Kwanzaa reference in the same light..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(12-28-2015, 09:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Everybody line up behind JC that thinks it was a simple act of kindness.....

She was so kind that she even changed her Logo to resemble the 7 candles of Kwanzaa

What?  A person running for POTUS did something to try and get a voting bloc to like them?

She should have said she wanted a registry of them...THAT is how you get voters behind you!

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-28-2015, 09:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: What?  A person running for POTUS did something to try and get a voting bloc to like them?

She should have said she wanted a registry of them...THAT is how you get voters behind you!

Ninja

Except in Hillary's case, they already know it's a sham. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(12-28-2015, 10:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Except in Hillary's case, they already know it's a sham. 

Nope, just a simple act of kindness....

I think sadly for the Dems, not everyone is this gullible. 

Trump: Mexicans and Muslims are murdererers and rapisters!
[conservatives cheer his patriotism]

Hillary: Happy Kwanza to those who celebrate it.
[conservatives boo her patriotism]

LOL
(12-28-2015, 11:15 PM)Benton Wrote: Trump: Mexicans and Muslims are murdererers and rapisters!
[conservatives cheer his patriotism]

Hillary: Happy Kwanza to those who celebrate it.
[conservatives boo her patriotism]

LOL

Funny how it always comes back to Trump.

But yeah, Conservatives are so predictable.  

If I get elected, everyone will be saying Happy Kwanza!
(12-29-2015, 02:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Funny how it always comes back to Trump.

But yeah, Conservatives are so predictable.  

In this case it is a fair comparison has both are leading their respective races at this point.  One is trying to be inclusive.  One is deliberately being exclusive.

These things do not happen in a vacuum.

Compare. Contrast.
So, were you guys also upset when she wished everyone a Happy Hannukah or a Merry Christmas? What about when she gave the general all-inclusive "Happy Holidays" statement?

Silly old white lady pandering to 100% of the population...
LFG  

I find all of Hillary's pandering funny.

[Image: GSGaEAx.jpg]

She had some dumb ass buzzfeed like list the other week about "How Hillary Clinton is like your abuela" (grandmother in Spanish)

It missed the mark with Latinos

http://www.npr.org/2015/12/26/461116160/-memeoftheweek-hillary-clinton-not-quite-an-abuela

On a side note: I'm proud of everyone here. Every Kwanza post I saw on Facebook had people calling it a fake holiday, saying no one celebrates it, and responding "merry CHRISTmas" as if those pages didn't have Christmas posts the day before
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(12-29-2015, 11:37 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: So, were you guys also upset when she wished everyone a Happy Hannukah or a Merry Christmas?  What about when she gave the general all-inclusive "Happy Holidays" statement?

I would if she had her Hillary logo decorated like those holidays too. That's the part I found funny. A 68 year old rich white woman appropriating a symbol of pan Africanisn
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(12-29-2015, 01:22 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I would if she had her Hillary logo decorated like those holidays too. That's the part I found funny. A 68 year old rich white woman appropriating a symbol of  pan Africanisn

Yes
[Image: HILLXMAS.jpg]

And no.
[Image: HILLXMAS2.jpg]
(12-29-2015, 11:37 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: So, were you guys also upset when she wished everyone a Happy Hannukah or a Merry Christmas?  What about when she gave the general all-inclusive "Happy Holidays" statement?

Nope. I'm not even upset that she wished Happy Kwanzaa (I actually find it very amusing); however, some folks in minority populations do not appreciate being exploited for political gains.

If you don't think your Abuela is pandering to minorities for votes; that is your choice.

She's a panderer. Simply saying "Merry Christmas" should suffice for all Americans.

83% of Americans identify themselves as Christian, so the odds are good you won't "offend" anyone with the greeting.

That said, no one should be offended anyway.
As a Christian living in Israel, I would happily return a "Happy Hanukkah" if I received the greeting. I wouldn't be offended.
As a Christian living in an Arab state, I would especially be happy to return a "Happy Ramadan" if I received the greeting, not offended (or else I may be beheaded).

If you choose the "Happy Holidays" route because you feel it's the PC thing to do, and it makes you feel good about yourself, then thats your prerogative, but no one should be apprehensive about wishing anyone a Merry Christmas.
From what I've read, Bill is considered an honorary black man.
I fail to see an issue with the greeting.