Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Hart got Mad at Dalton on the Allen Sack
(10-22-2019, 01:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He needs more than just a good OL to have success. He also needs really good weapons (AJ, MLJ, Eifert, Boyd), a good OC (Hue, Jay), a good defense (Zimmer), etc...

Basically he needs almost everything around him perfect. That’s a tall order.

The best offenses all seem to have really good weapons.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 03:36 PM)jason Wrote: The best offenses all seem to have really good weapons.

Drew Brees had three straight losing seasons (21-26 as starter from '14-'16).

Aaron Rodgers was 10-12-1 over the last two seasons.

The year after winning his first Super Bowl Joe Montana was 3-6 as a starter.

Brett Favre was 12-20 in '05-'06.

Matt Ryan was 18-30 from '13-'15.

Philip Rivers only had 2 winning season in the six years from '11-'16 (42-54 record)

Dan Marino was 29-31 from '86-'89 with only one winning season.

Ken Anderson was 13-26 the three seasons before he won his MVP in '81.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 03:36 PM)jason Wrote: The best offenses all seem to have really good weapons.

Nah man....you just chuck it up to a buncha UDFAs and they miraculously become all pro.... Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 01:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Dalton has never been good at stepping up in the pocket to avoid pressure. Probably due to all those years playing behind Russell Bodine!  Hilarious

I half jokingly said the same thing in another post. He developed the bad habit of side stepping pressure when Bodine was getting blown off the ball.... LMAO

Reply/Quote

Who are the best weapons on SF and NE right now? I can think of Kittle and Edelman, other than that...

How about Baltimore or Seattle?

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 09:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who are the best weapons on SF and NE right now? I can think of Kittle and Edelman, other than that...

I mean, honestly, Kittle and Edelman are better than probably every weapon on the team besides someone named AJ Green. We also need to put an asterisk next to anything New England because of coaching. The schemes and play designs are league best. A lot of that was put on display yesterday with the Jets game. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 10:36 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I mean, honestly, Kittle and Edelman are better than probably every weapon on the team besides someone named AJ Green. We also need to put an asterisk next to anything New England because of coaching. The schemes and play designs are league best. A lot of that was put on display yesterday with the Jets game. 

Tyler Boyd has more yards than Kittle, and only has 25 less yards than Edelman.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 10:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tyler Boyd has more yards than Kittle, 

Boyd is a WR while Kittle is a TE and the Bengals have 600 more passing yards than the Niners

SF also has 6 time Pro Bowl LT Joe Staley and RB Matt Brieda who is leading all RBs in yards per carry (5.6) and is on pace to rush for over 1000 yards.

SFs #3 RB Tevin Coleman has almost as many yards (227) as Mixon (248)

And their FB Kyle Juszcyk has been to 3 straight Pro Bowls
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 11:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Boyd is a WR while Kittle is a TE.

SF also has All pro LT Joe Staley and RB Matt Brieda who is leading all RBs in yards per carry (5.6) and is on pace to rush for over 1000 yards.

SFs #3 RB Tevin Coleman has almost as many yards (227) as Mixon (248)

Joe Staley has been out injured since the game against us in week 2. Keep grasping though lol

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 11:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Joe Staley has been out injured since the game against us in week 2. Keep grasping though lol

Pretty sure Coleman missed that game too and was hurt for a while.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 04:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Drew Brees had three straight losing seasons (21-26 as starter from '14-'16).
'14: 4,952 yds, 33 tds, 17 ints, 97.0 rating. '15: 4,870 yds, 32 tds, 11 ints, 101.0 rating. '16: 5,208 yds, 37 tds, 15 ints, 101.7 rating. 6th, 6th and 5th rated QB in those years, respectively. Defense ranked 28th PF/31st Yds, 32nd PF/31st Yds, 31st PF/27th Yds. Elite QB and Hofer.Terrible example to make for Dalton

Aaron Rodgers was 10-12-1 over the last two seasons.
'17: played 7 games, 16 tds, 6 ints, 97.2 rating. '18: 4,442 yds, 25 tds, 2 ints, 97.6 rating. 8th and 13th rated QB in those years. Defense ranked 26th PF/22nd Yds, 22nd PF/18th Yds. Elite QB and HoFer. Terrible example to make for Dalton.

The year after winning his first Super Bowl Joe Montana was 3-6 as a starter.
'82: 2nd in yards, T1st in TDs, 5th rated QB that year. Defense ranked 23rd PF/21st Yds. 2nd only to the G.O.A.T. and HoFer. Terrible example to make for Dalton.

Brett Favre was 12-20 in '05-'06.
Terrible statistical years, tons of Ints and bad teams near the end of his career. He was 36 and 37 y/o those years. Legendary QB and HoFer. Terrible example to make for Dalton.

Matt Ryan was 18-30 from '13-'15.
'13: 4,500 yds, 12th rated QB. '14: 4,694 yds, 11th rated QB. '15: 4,591 yds, 20th rated QB. Defense ranked 27th PF/27th Yds, 27th PF/32nd Yds, 14th PF/16th Yds. #1OA pick, 5th in TDs and 10th in quarterback rating, since he came in the league among active QBs. Bad example to make for Dalton.

Philip Rivers only had 2 winning season in the six years from '11-'16 (42-54 record)

Dan Marino was 29-31 from '86-'89 with only one winning season.

Ken Anderson was 13-26 the three seasons before he won his MVP in '81.

I'm not wasting any more time making the point that those QBs were/are better than Dalton and their personal performance rarely suffered while the team was having bad years. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 09:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who are the best weapons on SF and NE right now? I can think of Kittle and Edelman, other than that...

Yep... They are the exceptions. I'd throw in GB too. The Patriots have the right players, a few studs, excellent coaching, and an all time great at QB. Aaron Rodgers is right up there with anyone to ever play the position. He's one of the few that have ever played QB that can truly carry a team. Russell Wilson might be the best player in the NFL right now. He's amazing. I'm not sure I'd consider Baltimore a great offense. They're pretty one dimensional. They're well coached, and do have some nice weapons though. SF has some pretty good RBs, Kittle, a great defense, and Kyle Shannahan is a great coach.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 01:05 AM)jason Wrote: Yep... They are the exceptions. I'd throw in GB too. The Patriots have the right players, a few studs, excellent coaching, and an all time great at QB. Aaron Rodgers is right up there with anyone to ever play the position. He's one of the few that have ever played QB that can truly carry a team. Russell Wilson might be the best player in the NFL right now. He's amazing. I'm not sure I'd consider Baltimore a great offense. They're pretty one dimensional. They're well coached, and do have some nice weapons though. SF has some pretty good RBs, Kittle, a great defense, and Kyle Shannahan is a great coach.

I didn’t list GB because they have Devante Adams, who had a huge season last year (111 rec 1386 yds 13 TD), and has been really good again so far this season. He’s a top weapon.

Baltimore has the #2 offense in the league right now in yds/game (434.9), and are only behind NE in points/game (30.6).

Reply/Quote

The Bengals are missing Andrew Whitworth but getting rid of Marvin Jones, Mohamed Sanu, and even Jermaine Gresham weren’t smart moves either.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 01:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I didn’t list GB because they have Devante Adams, who had a huge season last year (111 rec 1386 yds 13 TD), and has been really good again so far this season. He’s a top weapon.

Baltimore has the #2 offense in the league right now in yds/game (434.9), and are only behind NE in points/game (30.6).

Brieda has done me well in fantasy. Cool

One thing most of those teams do well though, aside from Seattle, is block pretty well. Weapons are nice, but if you can't win the battle up front, you're behind the gun. People talk up Wilson, but how bout that Watson guy? Man, he's shaping up to be one of the all time greats. Even though they lost, that performance in NO was something else.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 10:20 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals are missing Andrew Whitworth but getting rid of Marvin Jones, Mohamed Sanu, and even Jermaine Gresham weren’t smart moves either.

We tried to keep Jones, and honestly Boyd has turned into a pretty good #2. Can’t blame them for Gresham, as there was no way to predict Eifert would be such an injury case in the NFL. IIRC he never was in college.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 11:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Joe Staley has been out injured since the game against us in week 2. Keep grasping though lol

And their offense has dropped off since Staley has been out.

Too bad Belichick doesn't have you around to tell him tthat Brady does not need any other decent players around him. That dumbass just wasted a 2nd round pick trading for a WR.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 10:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: And their offense has dropped off since Staley has been out.

Too bad Belichick doesn't have you around to tell him tthat Brady does not need any other decent players around him. That dumbass just wasted a 2nd round pick trading for a WR.

We’re discussing top tier weapons and you bring up Mohamed Sanu...lol

You’re on a role lately.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 10:25 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Brieda has done me well in fantasy. Cool

One thing most of those teams do well though, aside from Seattle, is block pretty well. Weapons are nice, but if you can't win the battle up front, you're behind the gun. People talk up Wilson, but how bout that Watson guy? Man, he's shaping up to be one of the all time greats. Even though they lost, that performance in NO was something else.

Yep... Those are outlying run first and play great defense teams.

And again; I used to think Russell Wilson was overrated. That dude is so damn good now

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 10:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’re discussing top tier weapons and you bring up Mohamed Sanu...lol

You’re on a role lately.

Belichick thinks he is worth a 2nd round pick.

But what the hell does he know about football compared to you, right? He apparently doesn't know that good QBs don't need any decent players around them.
Reply/Quote