Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Have you ever been to Paul Brown Stadium?
Have you ever been to Paul Brown Stadium? If so what were your thoughts, and if not why not?

What did you like about the Stadium, the design, the surroundings, atmosphere, etc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Pezm-EGu0
Reply/Quote
City view on one end, river view on the other. I love it
Reply/Quote
Nice but nothing special.

Seems small compared to some of the college stadiums I have been to like Sanford Stadium (Georgia) and Neyland Stadium (Tennessee), but those huge stadiums also have sections with bleachers instead of individual seats.

I have not been to any of the new huge NFL stadiums. The Titans stadium is a lot like PBS in size and design.
Reply/Quote
Couple hundred times.

its adequate enough, but nothing special.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:29 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Have you ever been to Paul Brown Stadium?  If so what were your thoughts, and if not why not?  

What did you like about the Stadium, the design, the surroundings, atmosphere, etc...

Stadium is pretty easy to get to, but it's kinda dull when you're in there.
I've sat in all 3 "levels" before for different games and I will say the game feels super slow when you're near the top of the upper level.
You can basically see the whole field without moving your head, so unless it's like a 40+ yard play, it feels like there's hardly any movement.
I feel the stadium would benefit from being more of a bowl so that it would be louder.
It's kinda cool being able to see the river from one end zone, but you're looking into KY, so it's pretty flat.

I've been in Riverfront, PBS, and Titans Stadium (Nissan), and I can say that PBS is my least favorite.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The atmosphere can be magical at times though

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:29 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Have you ever been to Paul Brown Stadium?  If so what were your thoughts, and if not why not?  

Went to a preseason game against the Colts (4th PS game, so no Peyton Manning  Sad - goes to show how long ago it was). Only stadium I've been in that had padded seats. It was nice.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:49 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Went to a preseason game against the Colts (4th PS game, so no Peyton Manning  Sad - goes to show how long ago it was). Only stadium I've been in that had padded seats. It was nice.

You must have sat in a nice section, as not all seats are padded (at least not since I've been there).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:40 AM)Go Cards Wrote: The atmosphere can be magical at times though

lol it really can be for some weird reason. It has it's charming moments. Playoff game against the Raiders, comeback against the Seahawks when Andy was QB, etc. 

The stadium in itself is an absolute shit hole with zero personality. It's a concrete jungle with terrible food options. I don't mind the actual seating layout and the design of the seating bowl really, but the concourses leave a lot to be desired of. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: You must have sat in a nice section, as not all seats are padded (at least not since I've been there).

I don't remember it being a "nice" section per se but it was definitely not the nosebleed section
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:51 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The stadium in itself is an absolute shit hole with zero personality. 

Then so are many other NFL stadiums.

But I don't go to NFL games for gourmet dining.
Reply/Quote

compared to the last stadium even the Bad seats have a pretty good view
Reply/Quote
Yes and I love it because it's our stadium.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
It's an ok stadium but really it's the product on the field that determines if your experience is enjoyable or not.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 12:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then so are many other NFL stadiums.

But I don't go to NFL games for gourmet dining.

Have you had the steak hoagie at PBS? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Only once, in '05 when the Bengals demolished the Bears 45-10. The place was electric to me. As I recall, the Bengals marched right down the field on their opening drive for a TD. They scored again at the end of Q1 to make it 14-0, and you could feel the energy even 5 rows from the top. The game was over.

The stadium wasn't anything special, but frankly if the Bengals played like that every game, it could be the worst stadium in the NFL and I could not care less.
Reply/Quote
I like PBS. I think it suits the city's personality perfectly.
Reply/Quote
I've had season tickets since 05 so quite a few games.... as others mentioned the lack of personality is pretty evident. Although with the push by Elizabeth to create a better fan engagement it was definitely at it's limited peak last season.

I went to the TQL stadium last week and I'm ashamed to say even the soccer stadium was slightly more impressive. However PBS by all metrics is nearly outdated strong renovations is needed. Unfortunately I think we do go with the renovations and sustain the life of PBS for another 15 years

I was at Sofi for the SB and well that's the gold standard if I ever saw one...
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
It's fairly basic as far as stadiums go. Things like "Ruler of the Jungle" help the game time atmosphere, but there isn't much to do inside the structure before the game starts. The seats are reasonably comfortable and bigger than the ones in arenas like Nationwide Arena. The food selections are basic and the tv monitors in the vending areas are pretty sparse. The Pro Shop is nice with a good selection and they move the line through pretty quickly on game day from my experience.
Reply/Quote
I mean, serously, what kind of food are you guys expecting? Do you really go to the stadium to eat a meal at those prices? We always eat before the game, then maybe get a slice of pizza, hotdog or pretzel etc with beer. I highly doubt a Jeff Ruby's would make it at PBS
Reply/Quote