Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
He will play!!!
(02-25-2020, 02:27 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: They can sign him before the draft. Probably not till the new league year begins in March, but yeah....they can agree to terms now.

The only real question will be the offset language, at least that has been the sticking point the last couple of years.   

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 01:57 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't get it?  Maybe there was some kind of KFC advertisement?  I use an ad blocker so all I saw was the interview video.  

Yeah, I watched the clip on NFL.com and that is where I saw the ad for KFC.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 02:50 PM)pally Wrote: The only real question will be the offset language, at least that has been the sticking point the last couple of years.   

You never know what the new CBA might read also. I have a feeling that might hold some contract stuff up.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 02:05 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If everything works out, I'd like them to go ahead and sign him.  Or at least express intent to sign.  Get working on the contract.

Why? It's not like someone can jump in front of us to take him. Why let the other teams know exactly what we are going to do? Make them guess.....
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 04:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Why? It's not like someone can jump in front of us to take him. Why let the other teams know exactly what we are going to do? Make them guess.....

Everyone in the world knows what we’re going to do. Lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 04:51 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You never know what the new CBA might read also. I have a feeling that might hold some contract stuff up.

New CBA won't take effect until the 2021 season

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 11:39 AM)pally Wrote: Oh Good God....now Florio is spinning it to say that Joe never said he WANTS to play for the Bengals just that he would

Seriously?  It is like those steeler fans that still say "Piggy was never convicted"...yeah, he just gave those women over a million dollars to be nice...
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 11:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Everyone in the world knows what we’re going to do. Lol

Not really.  A good number of people still think MB will trade the pick, take Herbert or Tua and the extra picks. I don't think that, but I know a bunch that do....
Reply/Quote
Jordan Palmer was just on Golic and Wingo and he was RAVING about Burrow. Really harped on his maturity, accuracy, and overall IQ.

Said he thinks a lot of Taylor (I know I know), and has nothing bad to say about the Bengals. Doesn’t sound like he wants to be linked with Carson’s crybaby act at all. He had a golden opportunity to bash us and he actually did the opposite. At least one Palmer brother has some class.

Reply/Quote
Jordan has no reason to bash the organization besides having a peripheral perspective towards his brother's experience.

This team basically gifted him a back-up job.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 11:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jordan Palmer was just on Golic and Wingo and he was RAVING about Burrow. Really harped on his maturity, accuracy, and overall IQ.

Said he thinks a lot of Taylor (I know I know), and has nothing bad to say about the Bengals. Doesn’t sound like he wants to be linked with Carson’s crybaby act at all. He had a golden opportunity to bash us and he actually did the opposite. At least one Palmer brother has some class.

He was always the classier one; watch the (few) times he was talked to on Hard Knocks, especially about Runpee (used it for the first time ever 2 weekends ago, btw and it absolutely was worth it; I'm absolutely great at holding it, but that was the first time since I was a kid that I had to run to the washroom during a film) and he comes off as a mature, serious-ish individual.

Then there was the whole holding a rudimentary TC/OTA during the lockout; HE brought guys in and coordinated everything, without any prompting or anything from anyone, even after his brother quit.

Genuine class.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 11:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jordan Palmer was just on Golic and Wingo  and he was RAVING about Burrow. Really harped on his maturity, accuracy, and overall IQ.

Jordan has a lucrative job training QBs.  He is rapidly becoming one of the go-to guys for this.  He would be monumentally stupid and ultimately self -defeating if he started bashing ANY organization.  

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 01:46 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think we should start a campaign to end Florio's career as a journalist... Boycott his crap  Cool

All Joe had to say was "Yeah, I wouldn't mind playing for the Bengals. I wouldn't mind playing any team that drafts me #1. I just want to play football" a month ago and we wouldn't be having this conversation.  The 'leverage' comment was weird and his defense of it today made no sense.  
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 01:49 PM)jason Wrote: How many more times does he have to say it?

That was the first time. 
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 01:29 PM)pally Wrote: Jordan has a lucrative job training QBs.  He is rapidly becoming one of the go-to guys for this.  He would be monumentally stupid and ultimately self -defeating if he started bashing ANY organization.  

He mostly works with kids coming out of college before they’re drafted. Putting down the Bengals would not affect his business.

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 01:29 PM)pally Wrote: Jordan has a lucrative job training QBs.  He is rapidly becoming one of the go-to guys for this.  He would be monumentally stupid and ultimately self -defeating if he started bashing ANY organization.  

Yep. Him bashing the Bengals would make things more difficult for his client in the media. Wouldn't be a good look for future clients.

Plus, Jordan probably shouldn't have problem with the Bengals (for himself) anyway. They paid him pretty well to be a backup when his ability maybe didn't deserve it. 
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 02:02 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Yep. Him bashing the Bengals would make things more difficult for his client in the media. Wouldn't be a good look for future clients.

Plus, Jordan probably shouldn't have problem with the Bengals (for himself) anyway. They paid him pretty well to be a backup when his ability maybe didn't deserve it. 

That was only part of why I mentioned the interview anyway. More importantly was what he had to to say about Burrow obviously. I just found interesting he’s not really siding with his brother publicly. Carson is probably going to ban him from Christmas now. Lol

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 02:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That was only part of why I mentioned the interview anyway. More importantly was what he had to to say about Burrow obviously. I just found interesting he’s not really siding with his brother publicly. Carson is probably going to ban him from Christmas now. Lol
The brothers dynamic certainly makes it interesting. 

It's good to hear more positives about Joe, but I don't put much stock in it coming from a guy he's paying. It's not like he's going to point out any flaws in public (if he sees any).  
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 02:09 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: The brothers dynamic certainly makes it interesting. 

It's good to hear more positives about Joe, but I don't put much stock in it coming from a guy he's paying. It's not like he's going to point out any flaws in public (if he sees any).  

Regardless of how much stock you put into it, it was a good interview. Can’t find it online yet to post it, but I recommend listening when it’s available.

Reply/Quote
Some of us have been saying this all along.

Media hacks like Dan Patrick are still trying to spin this that Burrow does not want to play for Bengals but now will. These people are cockroaches that look for click-baits and say things like PFT "facts" when it was all inferences, whimsical over-generalizations.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote