Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Higgins comments
(04-25-2024, 08:54 PM)pally Wrote: AJ Brown just got 3 years $96 million...$84 million guaranteed

Yeah we were never in the running for Tee lol

But Brown is a true and proven number 1 so i see this coming for Chase
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Kelsey Conway is reporting that the Bengals offer to Tee never approachd $20 million. He is supposedly asking for something similar to Michael Pittman’s deal of around $23 million. I think we all agreed that was Higgins’s range when the Pittman deal was announced. There have serious no negotiations since the initial offer

If this is true, it is apparent, by the low ball offer that the Bengals never had any intention of resigning Tee

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 07:52 AM)pally Wrote: Kelsey Conway is reporting

Everyone should stop reading right there.

That ***** is a ***** cancer who’s no doubt being given a brown envelope by DM to write the article.

She’s a vile piece of work and shows the quality of local journalists these days.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 06:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: A Jefferson deal? Man, I don't think we could afford that. I could be wrong, but every post I've ever seen that says a player would take less to win a SB has been incorrect. Not sure we can afford that kind of talent. It would be fun to watch tho. I will say that.

Trade tee for a corner or edge guy. We do not need another wide receiver.. this isn’t the Dalton era folks.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 07:52 AM)pally Wrote: Kelsey Conway is reporting that the Bengals offer to Tee never approachd $20 million.  He is supposedly asking for something similar to Michael Pittman’s deal of around $23 million.  I think we all agreed that was Higgins’s range when the Pittman deal was announced.  There have serious no negotiations since the initial offer

If this is true, it is apparent, by the low ball offer that the Bengals never had any intention of resigning Tee

It also means that we will not double tag him, so he is gone after this season, guaranteed.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 08:10 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Everyone should stop reading right there.

That ***** is a ***** cancer who’s no doubt being given a brown envelope by DM to write the article.

She’s a vile piece of work and shows the quality of local journalists these days.

She has been right quite a few times with stories like these

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 07:52 AM)pally Wrote: Kelsey Conway is reporting that the Bengals offer to Tee never approachd $20 million. He is supposedly asking for something similar to Michael Pittman’s deal of around $23 million. I think we all agreed that was Higgins’s range when the Pittman deal was announced. There have serious no negotiations since the initial offer

Pittman’s deal makes him the ninth highest paid wr right now.

I like T but I’m not sure he’s worth that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There is another account on X of what has transpired which is both from an actual insider and markedly different than Conways. It also can be reconciled with what we have seen unlike Conways.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 11:27 AM)Joelist Wrote: There is another account on X of what has transpired which is both from an actual insider and markedly different than Conways. It also can be reconciled with what we have seen unlike Conways.

DarthNoobSaibot? Because he was on there last night claiming inside knowledge that this is total bullshit.

Anyway, I’m personally just beyond sick of hearing about Tee and his contract stuff. I think Andrew Russell summed the whole situation up perfectly with the last part of this tweet.

Reply/Quote
Higgins wants top 10 to 15 WR money, yet he does not have the 3-year results of a top WR. It is not close.

I like Tee, but he is not better than Pittman. In reality Pittman got closer to 20 million per year guaranteed.

3 yr(s) / $70,000,000
AVERAGE SALARY:$23,333,333 - Included non-guaranteed 29 million in 2026
SIGNING BONUS:$15,000,000

GTD AT SIGN:$41,000,000
TOTAL GTD:$46,000,000
FREE AGENT:
2027 / UFA

He has a cap hit of 18 million in 2024, 23 million in 2025.

It goes to 29 million in 2026, but that portion is not guaranteed.

In contrast, Bengals are paying Tee more money in 2024 - almost 22 million.

Who earned the better contract? Tee or Pittman? It is obvious, Pittman has been the more durable and better WR, yet Higgins demands Pittman money. The Bengals are mt low balling Tee, they are making him a fair offer based on his results.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 12:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Higgins wants top 10 to 15 WR money, yet he has does not have the 3-year results of a top WR. It is not close.

I like Tee, but he is not better than Pittman. In reality Pittman got closer to 20 million per year guaranteed.

3 yr(s) / $70,000,000

FREE AGENT:
2027 / UFA

Who earned the better contract? Tee or Pittman? It is obvious, Pittman has been the more durable and better WR, yet Higgins demands Pittman money. The Bengals are mt low balling Tee, they are making him a fair offer based on his results.

Nice post. It is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 12:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Higgins wants top 10 to 15 WR money, yet he has does not have the 3-year results of a top WR. It is not close.

3 yr(s) / $70,000,000

FREE AGENT:
2027 / UFA

That's about how I feel about it. Tee seems like a really great guy, he's a pretty damn good player too. I've enjoyed having him on the team, but they just can't tie up that much money on the WR room when so many contracts/replacement signings are coming due over the next few years. Not to mention the Chase extension coming. I hope he can find the deal he wants, and has a good career ahead of him. It just won't likely be in Cincinnati. 
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 11:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: DarthNoobSaibot? Because he was on there last night claiming inside knowledge that this is total bullshit.

Anyway, I’m personally just beyond sick of hearing about Tee and his contract stuff. I think Andrew Russell summed the whole situation up perfectly with the last part of this tweet.

That's who. And his account tracks much closer to what we saw happen both with Bates and Tee (including how both apparently had verbal agreements that DM suddenly backed out of when he saw someone else get a bigger bag) than anything from Conway. 
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 07:52 AM)pally Wrote: Kelsey Conway is reporting that the Bengals offer to Tee never approachd $20 million. He is supposedly asking for something similar to Michael Pittman’s deal of around $23 million. I think we all agreed that was Higgins’s range when the Pittman deal was announced. There have serious no negotiations since the initial offer

If this is true, and I believe that it is, then I have to wonder why they didn't try harder to keep Jesse Bates. I figured they let him walk because Joe, Ja'Marr, and Tee were the priorities. Water under the bridge now... If Burton hits, Tee's replacement is already in house, and Chuck Fizzle, or Yoshi better step the hell up the following season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 07:52 AM)pally Wrote: Kelsey Conway is reporting that the Bengals offer to Tee never approachd $20 million.  He is supposedly asking for something similar to Michael Pittman’s deal of around $23 million.  I think we all agreed that was Higgins’s range when the Pittman deal was announced.  There have serious no negotiations since the initial offer

22-23 million is a fair deal for Tee.   I have very serious doubts that is the holdup though.  The Bengals are willing to pay nearly 22 million to Tee this year so I'm not buying their offer has never approached 20.  A long term contract in the 22-23 range should be workable.  It also doesn't make sense that some other team wouldn't have traded for Tee before the draft or during the draft if he wasn't demanding some crazy contract.  You would think some team would be willing to trade for Tee if he was seeking a reasonable offer as suggested by Conway. 
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 12:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Higgins wants top 10 to 15 WR money, yet he does not have the 3-year results of a top WR. It is not close.

3 yr(s) / $70,000,000

FREE AGENT:
2027 / UFA

Well, if Tee isn’t better than Pittman, is he more efficient, or just a product of a better QB? You mentioned durable, which is true (62 games played vs 58 games played), but as far as production goes, it really leans to Tee IMO.

24 career TDS to 15
63.5 YPG to 59 YPG
14.3 YPC to 10.9 YPC

At any rate, if Tee wanted MPJ contract, I would have had to imagined the bengals would have had that done a while ago.

The two players are good comps about as close as you’ll find with one being slightly better in an area or two over the other.
Reply/Quote
When we give out extensions, seems like we usually do it in the summer?

I’m sure they wanted to see how free agency and the draft played out and how the roster construction was looking. See how guys look when they report to camp.

The guy isn’t going anywhere he is franchise tagged. Why get in a big hurry throw money at him? There is a deadline to sign franchise tag players to long term contracts. And we still have about two and a half months of that falls in the middle of July again.
Reply/Quote

So was this our offer to Tee last off season? Didn't Pittman get his contract this year?
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 11:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: DarthNoobSaibot? Because he was on there last night claiming inside knowledge that this is total bullshit.

This is where I was about a month or so ago. I quit reading anything that had Tee in the title.
Reply/Quote