Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hill's Reaction To Last Two Penalties
I feel bad for the guy. He legitimately sounds like he's going to cry and like a little kid whose parents just died.

He knows that it's all on him and that we had our first playoff win in over two decades if he just holds on to the ball.

I still think he was down but it was just too close to overturn it, and it shouldn't have mattered because those last two penalties cost us the game.

In any case, it's big of Hill to take the blame and I have a feeling that he's in for a big year next season.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:26 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: In any case, it's big of Hill to take the blame and I have a feeling that he's in for a big year next season.

Continuation of the weekly "This is the week Hill is going to go off"? Evolved to a "This is the year Hill is going to go off"? Lol

I just don't understand how he didn't realize he needed to use two freaking hands on that carry. Also damn lucky he didn't get called for taunting on the AJ Green TD. Combine that with his sub-Trent Richardson of a year, and I am just ready to deal him to someone for whatever you can get and draft Ezekiel Elliott.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:31 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Continuation of the weekly "This is the week Hill is going to go off"? Evolved to a "This is the year Hill is going to go off"? Lol

I just don't understand how he didn't realize he needed to use two freaking hands on that carry. Also damn lucky he didn't get called for taunting on the AJ Green TD. Combine that with his sub-Trent Richardson of a year, and I am just ready to deal him to someone for whatever you can get and draft Ezekiel Elliott.

I have no clue, either.

The hopes of an entire city depended on it.

I think that he just saw the hope and his mind went into "score a touchdown and be the hero to end the game" instead of "go down and protect the ball."

I'm not ready to give up on him because I think he could be a top back in the league if he just holds onto the ball and I don't think that Elliot could possibly fall to us anyways.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:26 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I have a feeling that he's in for a big year next season.

Yeah. For whatever other team he is playing for.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:31 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Continuation of the weekly "This is the week Hill is going to go off"? Evolved to a "This is the year Hill is going to go off"? Lol

(01-15-2016, 04:08 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Yeah. For whatever other team he is playing for.

You guys need to seriously chill out on that get rid of Hill shit.

How quickly you all forgot he was top 5 in the league in rushing TDs.

One play is not all he is.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
He is only good for rushing TDs, that's fine, then why use him the rest of the game when he's clearly inferior to Gio?

Gio can't block as well, and goal line situation you'd think Hill would be better. This is one case where the stats (Hill's TDs) can blind you. You don't have to give up on him but demote his duties. He made a major mistake that lost us a guaranteed playoff win.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 08:33 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He is only good for rushing TDs, that's fine, then why use him the rest of the game when he's clearly inferior to Gio?

Gio can't block as well, and goal line situation you'd think Hill would be better. This is one case where the stats (Hill's TDs) can blind you. You don't have to give up on him but demote his duties. He made a major mistake that lost us a guaranteed playoff win.

One play doesn't win or lose a game. Using that logic I have as much right to put McCarron on blast for his pick and fumble.

I won't because, as every year, the outcome is the sum of all parts.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
I want him back and he will be back.

This team needs guys who care that much.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 08:37 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: One play doesn't win or lose a game. Using that logic I have as much right to put McCarron on blast for his pick and fumble.

I won't because, as every year, the outcome is the sum of all parts.

Mccarron is a backup. Hill is not a backup. Demote Hill to match his output, backup quality. Fumbles, YPC is atrocious. He can run in short yardage situations to the endzone, if he couldn't his TDs wouldn't stack and there would be no reason for anyone to back him other than he probably blocks better than Gio and he gives Gio a rest. Hill isn't even good in short yardage situations elsewhere, he should be guaranteed for 1st downs on 3rd and short, but he's not. He likely has more zero yardage/loss gains than Gio. 

You're right, Hill is not just one play. Look at his whole season. If you don't call that a flop...the way he ended the season with a critical failure is the "cherry on the top", his worst play of the season. I called Hill out early on in the season and there were a ton of haters, I think at this point most have joined my thoughts.

It's sad to say, the next game, the next game is when he breaks out. Next year, rather. A spade is a spade. Hill has a psychological problem playing split with Giovani Bernard, who is clearly the better running back right now.

The problem is Hill had a good year when Gio got hurt, and was the sole RB. If he DIDN'T, I think you guys would be clamoring for the same thing - get rid or demote this guy. His year stunk.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 09:37 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Mccarron is a backup. Hill is not a backup. Demote Hill to match his output, backup quality. Fumbles, YPC is atrocious. He can run in short yardage situations to the endzone, if he couldn't his TDs wouldn't stack and there would be no reason for anyone to back him other than he probably blocks better than Gio and he gives Gio a rest. Hill isn't even good in short yardage situations elsewhere, he should be guaranteed for 1st downs on 3rd and short, but he's not. He likely has more zero yardage/loss gains than Gio. 

You're right, Hill is not just one play. Look at his whole season. If you don't call that a flop...the way he ended the season with a critical failure is the "cherry on the top", his worst play of the season. I called Hill out early on in the season and there were a ton of haters, I think at this point most have joined my thoughts.

It's sad to say, the next game, the next game is when he breaks out. Next year, rather. A spade is a spade. Hill has a psychological problem playing split with Giovani Bernard, who is clearly the better running back right now.

The problem is Hill had a good year when Gio got hurt, and was the sole RB. If he DIDN'T, I think you guys would be clamoring for the same thing - get rid or demote this guy. His year stunk.

So you loved him when he was awesome two years ago and hate him now that he had a down year?

If nothing else, that earns him a 3rd year to show which year was the fluke.

And you wanna forgive McCarron for being a back up? Fine - that's your prerogative. I'm gonna blame the loss on Bernard fumbling the ball. The clearly better running back shouldn't have fumbled either.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 08:14 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You guys need to seriously chill out on that get rid of Hill shit.

no, he isn't. But players are judged on their ability to make decisions in pressure. Qbs, hbs, and corners have to make the right decisions.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 10:27 AM)Benton Wrote: no, he isn't. But players are judged on their ability to make decisions in pressure. Qbs, hbs, and corners have to make the right decisions.

I'm pretty sure he didn't decide to have Shazier rip the ball out.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Gio was trash his second year. Sometimes it happens. Chill everyone.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 10:31 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Gio was trash his second year. Sometimes it happens. Chill everyone.

They'll blame it on his injury, conveniently forgetting hoe bad he was playing before he was hurt save for one ridiculous broken play against the Dolphins that I'm not sure didn't happen when he was a rookie now that I think about it.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 10:33 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: They'll blame it on his injury, conveniently forgetting hoe bad he was playing before he was hurt save for one ridiculous broken play against the Dolphins that I'm not sure didn't happen when he was a rookie now that I think about it.

Or forget how his fumble vs San Diego inside the redzone opened the floodgates and the game fell apart from there
Reply/Quote
He's had a couple of fumbles at really bad points in those games.
Still not ready to give up on him.
He obviously cares a great deal.
Reply/Quote
I felt a lot of the heat has been directed away from Hill due to the penalties by Burfict and Pacman.  The truth is that the defense had just intercepted it and handed the game over the offense, and Hill simply blew it.  Like others have said, he did not have two hands on the ball.  Shazier made a good play, but if he had two hands on it, there's no way he would've been able to strip it like he did.  

The Hill fumble is the one play that sticks out in my mind from that game.  Burfict and Pacman had done so much to get us to that point, that honestly I can't put the fault on them.

This is beside the topic of this thread, but the other play that sticks out to me keeping us from advancing is actually the AJ Green play during the Denver game when he stopped running near the goal line.  McCarron laid the ball in perfectly, but Green had stopped running.  He catches that TD, and the Bengals have the bye.  
Reply/Quote
Eh, some of your guys tolerance for inferiority is different than mine.

So, if Hill continues his play this year (can you agree it was subpar, or not?) - into next year. How many games do you give him to "recover"? 1? 4? 8? All season?

Once you make an impression, it's hard to shake that, good or bad. So Hill has made a good impression for some of us, and has kept it; but for me, he's lost it.  
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 08:14 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You guys need to seriously chill out on that get rid of Hill shit.

What?  Are you kidding?  Some of these yahoos in here expect a perfect team with perfect play.  If they can't produce that, trade them all!!!   Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
Are we to expect a RB to not be top 5 in rushing TDs when he's given the ball at the 1 with a 1st and goal routinely? What an indiscriminate stat to use for judgement. Hell, he's probably mad at Dalton for stealing some of his rushing TDs, lol. To somehow think Hill is a bigger reason than Dalton for being put in that position to score so many TDs would be someone who didn't watch a Bengals game all season. Hill stood on the shoulders of greats.

As anything in life, it's what have you done for me lately. And the definition for lately is up in the air. Hill showing contrition is good, but doesn't make up for his average play. I would demote him, but we have no say anyway.

He already made a huge mistake, fumbling the game away. That can't be erased.
Reply/Quote