Poll: Who do you want The Bengals to take at #33?
Laviska Shenault-WR Col
Austin Jackson--OT---USC
Justin Jefferson--WR--LSU
Zach Baun--LB--Wisconsin
Patrick Queen--LB--LSU
Curtis Weaver--LB--BSU
Kenneth Murray--LB--OKL
Isaiah Wilson--RT--Georgia
Denzel Mims--WR--Baylor
Cesar Ruiz--C/G--Michigan
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hoard's Interview has 10 Prospects at #33....
Hello,

Everyone keeps giving their opinions and adding lists to choose from on who the Bengals should take at #33 if they don't trade up or down. So, let's make it official with a #33 Poll!!!
According to Dan Hoard and the abundance of Mock Drafts out there, (10) common names keep popping up at #33.
It should be interesting how many of us choose Offense and Defense.

These players are in no specific order:

1. Laviska Shenault-WR Colorado
2. Austin Jackson--Tackle---USC
3. Justin Jefferson--WR--LSU
4. Zach Baun--LB--Wisconsin
5. Patrick Queen--LB--LSU
6. Curtis Weaver--LB--Boise St.
7. Kenneth Murray--LB--OKL
8. Isaiah Wilson--RT--Georgia
9. Denzel Mims--WR--Baylor
10.Cesar Ruiz--C/G--Michigan

IMO, I take best talent available every time. And, I look at the stats and Justin Jefferson would be as close to a sure thing with his buddy Burrow as any of these other picks. I want the surest pick and that's JJ to me.

Other than that, I expect them to trade out of this pick for another or other picks on Day 2!
Exciting times though! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Count me as staunchly in the, Zack Baun at #33 crowd.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 07:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Count me as staunchly in the, Zack Baun at #33 crowd.

Yuck! J/k Lol
All these guys seem solid. It's a nice draft for them to be drafting #1 in each round for sure. A lot of draft capital!
Reply/Quote
Goodberry is really pushing this whole Baun Narrative lol

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I've seen some guys rank Baun higher than Queen and vice versa.

Just hope we get one of them
Reply/Quote
I went with Ruiz as he is the best interior OL in the draft. Plug him in at RG and you're set. Plenty of options for LB's later on.....Wilson,Gaither,Weaver,Brooks,Dye,Highsmith etc.

1. Burrow
2.Ruiz
3. LB
4.WR
5 OT
6 LB
7 S
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 07:41 PM)Okeana Wrote: Goodberry is really pushing this whole Baun Narrative lol

Interesting, maybe I should start reading his stuff?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Give me the full blooded LB Kenneth Murray. Queen in a close second. If we had to move up to get one of those two I hope we do.

I think the Pats wait until draft day and if a QB they like doesn’t fall then they move from 23 to 33 and get Dalton. They get their QB and then probably end up trading #33 for a 2021 first and more.
Reply/Quote
Out of that group id probably have to say Kenneth Murray. We finally would be fixed at our linebacker spot. Him and Pratt would be solid with Bynes. But if we go WR I will not be happy with a Justin Jefferson. I don’t see Jefferson becoming a good pro I also don’t see him as a future replacement for Aj. If we go wide receiver it should be Denzel Mims all day every day every time. Mims gonna be a stud in this league.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 08:08 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Out of that group id probably have to say Kenneth Murray.  We finally would be fixed at our linebacker spot.  Him and Pratt would be solid with Bynes. But if we go WR I will not be happy with a Justin Jefferson.  I don’t see Jefferson becoming a good pro I also don’t see him as a future replacement for Aj.  If we go wide receiver it should be Denzel Mims all day every day every time.  Mims gonna be a stud in this league.

So, just forget the 200 balls that JJ has already caught from Joe Burrow? And over 2,000 yds and over 20 TDs???

Btw, did you vote? ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
The WR class is deep so I would focus on OL or LB. Probably would pick Murray or Queen but suspect both will be gone. That leaves us with a lineman, and I got no problem helping Burrow this way. Toss a coin...Ruiz or Wilson.
Reply/Quote
Cesar Ruiz is my pick but he won't be there...

Ruiz is the best IOL in he draft. He is experienced starting over 30+ games at RG/C and will still be only 21 to start the season. Ruiz fits any blocking scheme a team wants to run and is one of the top pass protectors for IOL.

The Bengals interior line has been a mess and isn't looking any better going into the season. Ruiz would be a key building block along with Jonah Williams for the future of the Bengals offense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The only two I wouldn't want at that pick are Weaver or Jackson. Jackson just screams project that never pans out to me. I think everyone else would become a contributor.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 08:29 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: So, just forget the 200 balls that JJ has already caught from Joe Burrow? And over 2,000 yds and over 20 TDs???

Btw, did you vote? ThumbsUp

Yea I think he’s a good college player but I don’t think he’s gonna here and be our replacement for Aj green. Not til next year do I really see wr a big need so if we do take a wide receiver I want us to go after a potential AJ replacement and that imo is not Justin Jefferson. I don’t see him being a good pro. Just voted
Reply/Quote
I want most of those guys. Lol

Reply/Quote
I went Baun, but Isaiah Wilson is right there. Williams and Wilson as bookends for Burrow sounds really good...

I’m really hoping to land either Solomon Kindley or John Simpson as well. I’m not opposed to Tyler Biadasz either, but he has some injury concerns...

All about the OLine
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 09:58 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Yea I think he’s a good college player but I don’t think he’s gonna here and be our replacement for Aj green.  Not til next year do I really see  wr a big need so if we do take a wide receiver I want us to go after a potential AJ replacement and that imo is not Justin Jefferson.  I don’t see him being a good pro.  Just voted

A lot of people see him going in the first.  For some reason, I get several mocks a day sent to my phone.  My informal survey of the many I've seen says that the overriding thought seems to be he'll go in the first. 

A WR making the jump from college to pro comes down to four things--

Is he tough?   Can he get open?  Can he catch?  Will he work his ass off?

There's a fifth question but it's the same one for all players and that is can he stay on the field?

I don't know how hard Jefferson works, so I won't even attempt that one.

From what I saw in maybe five of his games last year, he took big hits and got up, he got open and he caught the hell out of the ball.

Don't know anything about off the field, but on the field,  he sure looks like the real deal.

I'm just wondering what you don't like about him.  The only possible issue I see is that he's been a slot receiver.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 11:35 PM)McC Wrote: A lot of people see him going in the first.  For some reason, I get several mocks a day sent to my phone.  My informal survey of the many I've seen says that the overriding thought seems to be he'll go in the first. 

A WR making the jump from college to pro comes down to four things--

Is he tough?   Can he get open?  Can he catch?  Will he work his ass off?

There's a fifth question but it's the same one for all players and that is can he stay on the field?

I don't know how hard Jefferson works, so I won't even attempt that one.

From what I saw in maybe five of his games last year, he took big hits and got up, he got open and he caught the hell out of the ball.

Don't know anything about off the field, but on the field,  he sure looks like the real deal.

I'm just wondering what you don't like about him.  The only possible issue I see is that he's been a slot receiver.

I think Jefferson is a good prospect.  However, this WR class is insanely stacked.  The main reason I don't like him for us is that he's going to be a slot WR in the NFL and we already have one of the best slot WR's in the league with Boyd.  We need an outside WR who's got the potential to be a #1, and Jefferson isn't that.  He had trouble getting separation outside in college and was bailed out in that role by some insane ball placement by Burrow a good chunk of the time.  I think he will have a very good career as a #2 in the slot.  He's just not an outside #1.  Now, in a normal class, I think he's a late 1st/early 2nd rounder, but he's probably a 3rd round guy in this class.  There's just too many outside WR's with big boy production and more upside in this class.  
Reply/Quote
I think Zach Baun play, style and attitude will be a bigger impact on this Defense than any FA signing we have had so far
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 09:30 PM)Synric Wrote: Cesar Ruiz is my pick but he won't be there...

Ruiz is the best IOL in he draft. He is experienced starting over 30+ games at RG/C and will still be only 21 to start the season. Ruiz fits any blocking scheme a team wants to run and is one of the top pass protectors for IOL.

The Bengals interior line has been a mess and isn't looking any better going into the season. Ruiz would be a key building block along with Jonah Williams for the future of the Bengals offense.

Ive seen probably 10 or more Mocks.. and Ruiz is 70% picked in 1st round and 30% picked in 2nd round so i would say he will be gone also but there is a chance he might fall also especially since Centers are not as high valued for whatever reason to teams
Reply/Quote