Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson reports Tate will be cut so they can keep Core.
This is the world we live in.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/8/31/17807590/report-bengals-auden-tate-odd-man-out-at-wide-receiver-roster-cuts-cincinnati
[Image: sig2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I like both but am an FSU alum so was rooting harder for Tate
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Core has had his chances, hasn’t done anything. Tate will soon be a star...on the Ravens.
[Image: sig2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 09:52 PM)WhoDeyLeisure Wrote: This is the world we live in.

Saw this on Twitter. The team puts a priority on ST for its back-end players over offensive/defensive potential. Over the years, I’ve learned to just expect it rather than get frustrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If I had to guess depending how bad Core's back is, Core will go on IR after making the 53. Then assuming that Tate clears waivers, he will be signed as the 6th receiver, which would leave Core eligible to return after 8 weeks. This all assuming that Hobson is right on Tate on the outside looking in and Core's back needs quite some time to get better. https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-doctoring-roster

edit: OR not
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Someone would have to be a complete moron to keep Core over Tate. Special teams, my ass.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Tate isnt clearing waivers. the Colts or a WR needy team will snatch him up...especially the Colts
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 10:10 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Tate isnt clearing waivers. the Colts or a WR needy team will snatch him up...especially the Colts

Yep. Because a guy who had 5 catches in preseason is much better then the other WRs that are available. 
Reply/Quote
Odd. Back injuries can be really bad juju - I'm surprised that they value Core to the point that they'd consider using the IR designated to return option on him.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 10:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Someone would have to be a complete moron to keep Core over Tate. Special teams, my ass.

Really so specials matter less than your 6th Wr, please explain
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 10:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Really so specials matter less than your 6th Wr, please explain

It's stupid to take someone who has superior physical gifts and dump him because a guy who can't even make a contested catch plays special teams. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 10:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Really so specials matter less than your 6th Wr, please explain

Some fans forget special teams also has starters and 6th WR's often are not active on game day. If Tate gets cut it is because he did not get it done on special teams.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If Core is injured why bother trying to fit him on the 53? It's not like he's a key component to any part of the team, including special teams. If he's missing weeks of games, he's going to be replaced at any position.

No one would pick up Core if he's injured.

Reply/Quote
He also said that they may keep 7.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Like i said, they'd have to be complete morons to release Tate with some of the schlubs that have been kept around here too long. None of them have had his ability.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 10:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's stupid to take someone who has superior physical gifts and dump him because a guy who can't even make a contested catch plays special teams. 

First physical ability does not mean your a good football player if that was the case why did he not show 5he ability on specials, he adds very little to our roster as 6th wr with nothing to offer us on STs.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 10:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: First physical ability does not mean your a good football player if that was the case why did he not show 5he ability on specials, he adds very little to our roster as 6th wr with nothing to offer us on STs.

Whatever.

It's a ridiculous argument to make.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 10:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Whatever.

Because you have little argument 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 10:28 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Yep. Because a guy who had 5 catches in preseason is much better then the other WRs that are available. 

how many of those catches were MEANINGFUL.as in for a 1st down conversion or TD?
thats what I thought. 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 10:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Whatever.

Special team starters play about 25% of all snaps. A 6th WR who sucks at ST's plays zero snaps unless 2 or 3 guys get hurt?

I am not sure why you feel your stance is superior without question.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote