Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson reports Tate will be cut so they can keep Core.
Guess Hobson effed that one up!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Six pages over this? C'mon guys...We could make Bengals jersey with all of these guys' names taped to the back, and it might rival that Browns QB jersey. 

We're now up to 11 WR's taken in the 6th or 7th round during Marv's tenure. Just look over this list of gems:

Tab Perry
Bennie Brazell
Mario Urrutia
Freddie Brown
Dezmon Briscoe
Ryan Whalen
Cobi Hamilton
James Wright
Mario Alford
Cody Core
Auden Tate

These guys have combined for a grand total of 57 catches, 601 yards and 3 TDs with the Bengals. To put that in perspective, those are almost exactly Jordan Shipley's numbers in his only healthy season (52-600-3)...and we're talking about 10 guys over the last 15 seasons. My money is on Tate never making any type of impact anywhere. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 12:13 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Six pages over this? C'mon guys...We could make Bengals jersey with all of these guys' names taped to the back, and it might rival that Browns QB jersey. 

We're now up to 11 WR's taken in the 6th or 7th round during Marv's tenure. Just look over this list of gems:

Tab Perry
Bennie Brazell
Mario Urrutia
Freddie Brown
Dezmon Briscoe
Ryan Whalen
Cobi Hamilton
James Wright
Mario Alford
Cody Core
Auden Tate

These guys have combined for a grand total of 57 catches, 601 yards and 3 TDs with the Bengals. To put that in perspective, those are almost exactly Jordan Shipley's numbers in his only healthy season (52-600-3)...and we're talking about 10 guys over the last 15 seasons. My money is on Tate never making any type of impact anywhere. 

Ummm. Yea but how many of them were as tall as a giraffe, ran as fast as a snail, and have the hands of an octopus?!  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 12:21 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Ummm. Yea but how many of them were as tall as a giraffe, ran as fast as a snail, and have the hands of an octopus?!  Ninja

[Image: 687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f67...322e6a7067]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 02:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If it is such a big deal then why aren't the WRs with the most tds all 6-5+ leapers?

Last year 6 WRs had at least 9 td catches.  Look at their heights.

D. Hopkins (13 td), 6-1
D Adams (10), 6-1
A Brown (9), 5-10
J Landry (9) 5-11
M Jones (9) 6-2
A Jeffrey(9) 6-3

Do not think he is needed to catch 9 td's a year or better. 

Would be nice but we have AJ for that. 

Just hope for him to catch a handful and compliment the our top WR's. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 10:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's stupid to take someone who has superior physical gifts and dump him because a guy who can't even make a contested catch plays special teams. 

when your sixth WR is only gonna see the field the majority of the time on Special teams you want him to be good at Special teams no?
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 12:13 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Six pages over this? C'mon guys...We could make Bengals jersey with all of these guys' names taped to the back, and it might rival that Browns QB jersey. 

Tab Perry
Bennie Brazell
Mario Urrutia
Freddie Brown
Dezmon Briscoe
Ryan Whalen
Cobi Hamilton
James Wright
Mario Alford
Cody Core
Auden Tate

We can put some FA notables in there as well, such as (off the top o' my head)

Rashaun "so tall he will give opposing DC's nightmares" Simonise 
Armon "I pretend to be Larry Fitzgerald in practice" Binns
Matt Jones
Denarius "gonna take the top off for AJ Green" Moore

I'm sure there are more.  Anyways, every year we convince ourselves that our bench is more talented than most NFL teams starting WR corps.  Is Auden Tate the one?  If he is, then we need to jettison the prior "could be a gem" in Cody Core to find out.   

2 years ago I was skeptical Cody Core was going to be a big player in our offense, but I was told that he was overshadowed by Laquon Treadwell and the Bengals got a steal. Now here we are hoping he gets cut so the next 7th round gem can shine. Circle of life, and all that.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 10:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: Guess Hobson effed that one up!

You act surprised?? Lol  Kind of like telling us the Bengals were not going to take a center within the 1st couple of rounds last draft...
Reply/Quote

Tab Perry
Bennie Brazell
Mario Urrutia
Freddie Brown
Dezmon Briscoe
Ryan Whalen
Cobi Hamilton
James Wright
Mario Alford
Cody Core
Auden Tate

Sir, lest you forget Andy Dalton's numbers are because of these players and the world's greatest talent he is surrounded by every season. Every one of these WRs could have been an All-Pro if they had a real QB throwing them the ball. Hell, probably at least half would be Hall of Famers if they had not been saddled with Dalton. Ninja Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 12:01 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Sir, lest you forget Andy Dalton's numbers are because of these players and the world's greatest talent he is surrounded by every season. Every one of these WRs could have been an All-Pro if they had a real QB throwing them the ball. Hell, probably at least half would be Hall of Famers if they had not been saddled with Dalton. Ninja Sarcasm

Should we question fans intelligence who make stupid comments? You know, the way some fans trash the players on our team. My guess is no, yet we allow personal attacks on our players. If anyone does understand how the bolded is a personal attack/opinion, please ask so we can you some facts on the difference from constructive and personal attacks. We won't say you are not a real fan or anything.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 12:23 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Should we question fans intelligence who make stupid comments? You know, the way some fans trash the players on our team. My guess is no, yet we allow personal attacks on our players. If anyone does understand how the bolded is a personal attack/opinion, please ask so we can you some facts on the difference from constructive and personal attacks. We won't say you are not a real fan or anything.

I'll be the first to admit that I make or have made stupid comments. Personal attacks on players or posters are something I try to avoid. I'm not saying I've never done it, but I do try to not make stupid posts like that. I also do not question people's fandom. Just because people don't like Dalton doesn't make them any less of a fan. However, people are going to people.

Dalton certainly makes mistakes and deserves some of the criticism he gets. However, he gets way too much criticism. Every single season there are threads and posts about he is surrounded with "the best talent in the NFL". It's ridiculous.

I know you're trying to come at me personally and insinuate that I'm not intelligent enough to distinguish between opinion and facts. That's fine. The post was made as a joke which is why it includes the ninja smiley and sarcasm at the end. So while you take it as me trying to be a dick, I was just trying to have a little fun with the fact that some of these players have been called some of "the best talent in the NFL".
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 01:08 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I'll be the first to admit that I make or have made stupid comments. Personal attacks on players or posters are something I try to avoid. I'm not saying I've never done it, but I do try to not make stupid posts like that. I also do not question people's fandom. Just because people don't like Dalton doesn't make them any less of a fan. However, people are going to people.

Dalton certainly makes mistakes and deserves some of the criticism he gets. However, he gets way too much criticism. Every single season there are threads and posts about he is surrounded with "the best talent in the NFL". It's ridiculous.

I know you're trying to come at me personally and insinuate that I'm not intelligent enough to distinguish between opinion and facts. That's fine. The post was made as a joke which is why it includes the ninja smiley and sarcasm at the end. So while you take it as me trying to be a dick, I was just trying to have a little fun with the fact that some of these players have been called some of "the best talent in the NFL".

My apologies, I missed the ninja. I just sick of fans personally attacking our players, coaches or FO. I have no issue with debate and constructive conversation. Some will say why do I care, I care because I think of Bengals as family. Once they leave, they are dead to me, but I still won't attack them personally, I see no value in it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
someone explain to me why Cody Core is still on this roster.
he didnt practice today cause of a back issue.
i mean i know important it is to have him on kick coverage team so he run down and watch Clayton Fejalahem makes tackles. but cmon
give a injury settlement and cut him.damn.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 10:11 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: when your sixth WR is only gonna see the field the majority of the time on Special teams you want him to be good at Special teams no?

Sorry, but running down the field on kickoffs and punts isn't as important to me as making first downs and touchdowns. Find someone else to run down the field. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 06:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Sorry, but running down the field on kickoffs and punts isn't as important to me as making first downs and touchdowns. Find someone else to run down the field. 

Can't score tds or get first downs if he is not even on the active roster come Sundays.

ST players actually get on the field and effect the outcome of the game.  Guys that are not active don't even get on the field.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 07:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Can't score tds or get first downs if he is not even on the active roster come Sundays.

ST players actually get on the field and effect the outcome of the game.  Guys that are not active don't even get on the field.

So, is there even a slight chance there's someone else on the roster that can run down the field other than the 6th WR, or are the Bengals screwed?  o_o 

All seriousness aside...it's up to Tate to make Marv put him on the field by his effort on the practice field. Then all this silly ST talk is moot.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 07:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So, is there even a slight chance there's someone else on the roster that can run down the field other than the 6th WR, or are the Bengals screwed?  o_o 

All seriousness aside...it's up to Tate to make Marv put him on the field by his effort on the practice field. Then all this silly ST talk is moot.

Too bad we can't just trade him.

Funny how no other team in the league is interested in an unstoppable red zone TD machine.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 07:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Too bad we can't just trade him.

Funny how no other team in the league is interested in an unstoppable red zone TD machine.

Why are you working me so hard Fred? We have shared interest. I'm a huge huge huge Josh Malone fan. Loved him since PS last year. He's more polished and has production with his talents. I like him over Tate 8 days a week. I just think Tate has a lot of upside, as long as he's willing to work.

Can't we just be friends?

Reply/Quote

Tab Perry
Bennie Brazell
Mario Urrutia
Freddie Brown
Dezmon Briscoe
Ryan Whalen
Cobi Hamilton
James Wright
Mario Alford
Cody Core
Auden Tate

Hey now, law of averages, yeah? We're bound to find our next 7th round TJ Houshmandzadeh at some point, right?.... Right??  Nervous
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 07:41 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Hey now, law of averages, yeah? We're bound to find our next 7th round TJ Houshmandzadeh at some point, right?.... Right??  Nervous

Yep. Just as soon as the LOA gives us that elusive playoff win.

Reply/Quote