Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy Crap
(08-22-2018, 05:29 PM)dr tarzan Wrote: Yes, he still is on the team,.........  only now he wears #52 and goes by the name "Preston Brown".   I know it's not a popular opinion, but Brown is really not one lick better than Minter.  Judging by the 6 random games I "scouted" from the Bills D last year.

You're right!  It's not a popular opinion.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 07:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Whatever

Hey Harley, i definately am not a beer snob that is for sure. I will drink the Nati Light no problem.

But i prefer Rolling Rock, it has grown on me, used to taste skunky but i don't get that anymore. It is cheap here too.

You. Mellow

Anything in a green bottle will taste a little skunky. It has to do with the amount of light that hits the beer compared to brown bottles. Heineken is the same way. I like both though.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 10:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Anything in a green bottle will taste a little skunky. It has to do with the amount of light that hits the beer compared to brown bottles. Heineken is the same way. I like both though.

Yuengling Lager is in a green bottle. I don't think it's skunky. I'm a fan of beer on general. Anything from from those 10% craft beer IPAs all the way down to PBR.

God I hope Preston Brown is an upgrade over Minter. The few recent Bills games that I've seen, he hasn't jumped off the screen at me. People were generally excited when they signed him though.

I don't remember Minter making a single play last year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 01:20 AM)jason Wrote: Yuengling Lager is in a green bottle. I don't think it's skunky. I'm a fan of beer on general. Anything from from those 10% craft beer IPAs all the way down to PBR.

God I hope Preston Brown is an upgrade over Minter. The few recent Bills games that I've seen, he hasn't jumped off the screen at me. People were generally excited when they signed him though.

Yuengling seems to be one of the exceptions. Most of the time you get some skunkiness with a green bottle. It’s called the lightstruck effect.

Reply/Quote
DONT LET EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT PRESTON BROWN TAKE AWAY FROM THE FACT THAT KEVIN MINTER IS NO LONGER ON THE TEAM!!!!!

0-16 HERE WE COME!
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 05:08 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I just realized that Kevin Minter is no longer on the team.

WHAT THE HELL ARE WE GOING TO DO NOW!?

We traded MLB's with the bills like OL coaches with the Cowboys and came out on top in both scenarios
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 05:29 PM)dr tarzan Wrote: Yes, he still is on the team,.........  only now he wears #52 and goes by the name "Preston Brown".   I know it's not a popular opinion, but Brown is really not one lick better than Minter.  Judging by the 6 random games I "scouted" from the Bills D last year.

One led the league in tackles the other ran the wrong way every play...

Guess which one we got rid of and which on we have now.
Reply/Quote
Minter-Sminter

Trudge forward.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 06:34 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: We have Minter-Lite.... so do not worry.  Brown struggles in coverage so the team will need Evans and Vigil to step it up.   Brown is a tackling machine however.
Brown will lead team in tackles i bet.

This is an interesting debate. 

My vote will be Jordan Evans.  
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 11:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is an interesting debate. 

I'm jumping in this, Vigil will lead the team in tackles...
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 08:59 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: DONT LET EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT PRESTON BROWN TAKE AWAY FROM THE FACT THAT KEVIN MINTER IS NO LONGER ON THE TEAM!!!!!

0-16 HERE WE COME!

Ok then.....
Reply/Quote

Spot on!
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 10:54 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You're right!  It's not a popular opinion.

I've got to go with this position.  I'm still believing if Brown was that good he'd still be there - even if it was only a one year deal or extension to insure the development of his replacement.  Instead he's being supplanted by a 1st round rookie Tremaine Edmunds (2nd of two first round picks by buffalo).  So it will be an interesting 1st quarter or so on Sunday to see who actually plays better Edmunds or Brown.  On the other hand - if the Bengals first unit offense looks as anemic as it did last week, Edmunds may look like a superstar in the making.
Reply/Quote
The first play when any Buffalo player gets past Brown regardless of reason ,even if we sack their QB for a 20 yard loss, even IF said player goes on to break every bone in his body tripping on a  blade of grass, the mere fact that he gets past Brown will be reason enough for a few people to denounce him as trash..  in fact  I kind of expect it..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 11:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is an interesting debate. 

Mike backers usually win this but Jordan Evans will be the most improved player; exception may be Vigil.  I am so happy for them both at the moment.  Hope it carries over to regular season.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 10:09 PM)McC Wrote: The Bills had a good defense last year.  Held the Jags to something like 10 points in the playoffs the week before the Jags laid a forty burger on the Steelers.  Brown was their MLB.  You'd have to think he had something to do with their D being good.

He had tons to do with it. Number 1 is he knows how to put himself in the right position which our LB's have
had trouble with under Haslett. He is instinctive like Burfict and knows how to set his hips and set a runner on
his backside. We haven't had a LB'er like this except Burfict in many years, since Odell.

To say Preston is no better than Minter is insanity.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 10:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Anything in a green bottle will taste a little skunky. It has to do with the amount of light that hits the beer compared to brown bottles. Heineken is the same way. I like both though.

Yeah, i used to not like brewskies in the green bottles as much cause of this, but that is beer, an acquired taste.

Also like Bechs.

(08-23-2018, 01:20 AM)jason Wrote: Yuengling Lager is in a green bottle. I don't think it's skunky. I'm a fan of beer on general. Anything from from those 10% craft beer IPAs all the way down to PBR.

Will have to try out Yuengling Lager, thanks Jason.

Preston is an upgrade over Minter no question. He will not jump off the screen at you, he is just solid.

Something we have needed in another LB'er besides Burfict in a long time.

(08-23-2018, 11:01 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: We traded MLB's with the bills like OL coaches with the Cowboys and came out on top in both scenarios

Minter is the Bills MIKE?

New to me.

(08-23-2018, 12:07 PM)BengalD Wrote: I've got to go with this position.  I'm still believing if Brown was that good he'd still be there - even if it was only a one year deal or extension to insure the development of his replacement.  Instead he's being supplanted by a 1st round rookie Tremaine Edmunds (2nd of two first round picks by buffalo).  So it will be an interesting 1st quarter or so on Sunday to see who actually plays better Edmunds or Brown.  On the other hand - if the Bengals first unit offense looks as anemic as it did last week, Edmunds may look like a superstar in the making.

Trumaine Edmunds will be a star i am pretty sure.

Best LB'er in the Draft IMO.

Don't try and compare Preston with him, Edmunds could be the next Burfict without fiasco.

Just bigger and faster than Burfict. Maybe not the football know how like Burfict though.
Reply/Quote
We haven't seen Brown and Burfict on the field together yet.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 02:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i used to not like brewskies in the green bottles as much cause of this, but that is beer, an acquired taste.

Also like Bechs.

Will have to try out Yuengling Lager, thanks Jason.

Preston is an upgrade over Minter no question. He will not jump off the screen at you, he is just solid.

Something we have needed in another LB'er besides Burfict in a long time.

Minter is the Bills MIKE?

New to me.

Trumaine Edmunds will be a star i am pretty sure.

Best LB'er in the Draft IMO.

Don't try and compare Preston with him, Edmunds could be the next Burfict without fiasco.

Just bigger and faster than Burfict. Maybe not the football know how like Burfict though.

idk where minter plays... But he was out MLB right? and brown was the bills? so last year the were both MLBs oh minter is on the jets I thought I had saw the bills sign him... or I guess he just visited.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 02:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: idk where minter plays... But he was out MLB right? and brown was the bills? so last year the were both MLBs  oh minter is on the jets I thought I had saw the bills sign him... or I guess he just visited.

Thanks Xeno, glad the Bills weren't that dumb, i would start to feel sorry for the guys.

Losing Glenn and Preston, then adding Bovine and then.... Minter would be bad for them.

Bills are my third favorite team after this Offseason behind the Vikes. They helped us out big time.
Reply/Quote