Poll: Will the Cincinnati Bengals win a Super Bowl Before you die?
Yes.
No.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honest Answers ONLY.
As a kid, and again as a young man, I watched the Bengals play in SuperBowls that I thought that they should have won. I'm sure that I'll live to see it again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 08:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As a kid, and again as a young man, I watched the Bengals play in SuperBowls that I thought that they should have won.  I'm sure that I'll live to see it again.

I used to think that way.  After SB XXIII, the single-worst sports-related gut punch in my lifetime, I figured it was just a matter of time until they climbed that mountain a third time and we finally hoisted the Lombardi.  Amazing how 27 years of futility will change a man's perspective.

Now, middle-aged and with more yesterdays behind me than tomorrows in front of me, I'm left only with the slightest glimmer of hope, that one day, a QB yet to be drafted into the NFL, led by a Head Coach whose name I may not even know, will bring a championship to Cincinnati and a parade to Fountain Square.  

Someday.  Maybe.

But, for the record, I answered 'no.'
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
How old is Bo Ninja

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 09:22 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: How old is Bo Ninja

[Image: curse.sized.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 10:20 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Do you think the Bengals will win a Super Bowl before you die?

HELL NO!
Reply/Quote
I don't know if they will win a playoff game in my life span.
Reply/Quote
No.

Reply/Quote
I'm 35. There's time.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 07:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly - with no emotion or motive to this answer whatsoever - I think I'll be in my twilight years before that happens (I'm 35 now). I don't see it happening with Marvin Lewis/Mike Brown and therefore this core of players (Andy, Green, Atkins, etc).

Once this core is gone, I could see some rebuilding years maybe 6-7 years from now. After that, it just depends on how long Mike Brown lives, whether or not Katie hires a competant GM, and many other factors.

To sum it up...Maybe we win it all 15-25 years from now, but many things will have to change. Hopefully Katie (or a GM) isn't quite as patient and tolerant as Mike Brown. Patience is good to an extent, but you can't keep a coach like Dave Shula for 5 years or give somebody 15 years to win a playoff game. You don't have to be the Cleveland Browns, but there should be limits to your patience.

I think we win a SB with this core team, eventually.

I hope Marvin Lewis isn't around to piss away their prime years. We have something really special here that I doubt anyone will replicate with 100% precision.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 07:16 PM)Shady Wrote: This is the year.

Sluggish start. I'm not worried. Eifert and Tez are coming back. Our Oline will get its shit together. Boyd and Lafell look good enough. Going to be awesome!!!

At best, we sneak into the wildcard with a solid 9-7.  Pitt looks scary good and Baltimore WILL be a thorn in our sides and split with us this year.

In which case, we need to hope to god that we don't play Pitt, Houston, or New England. I could see us getting handed by any of those 3.
Reply/Quote
I'm 25 but have a huge bath salt addiction and prostitution problem so I probably have like 0-5 years left so I voted no
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 02:05 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: At best, we sneak into the wildcard with a solid 9-7.  Pitt looks scary good and Baltimore WILL be a thorn in our sides and split with us this year.

In which case, we need to hope to god that we don't play Pitt, Houston, or New England. I could see us getting handed by any of those 3.

Pitt looks scary good? Against who, the Redskins? They looked mediocre in the game against us. We just happened to look even worse. 

Reply/Quote
Im only 27 right now, so hopefully I'm alive when they win a SB. I still think we have a shot at it this year. I haven't been impressed with Zampese so far this year, but he's a first year OC. I think he will be able to iron out a good game plan. Plus I assume everyone at this point knows how good I think Dalton is. Just because we lost to a very good division rival at their house with the refs acting like they are on the Steelers bank roll and us missing 2 stars doesnt mean that this season is over.

If we win this Sunday I can still see us going 12-4 or 13-3. We just have 1 more Steelers game, and the Patriots game left in the season. Plus when Burfict and Eifert come back that Will make both sides of the ball look a lot better. Hell Kroft and Uzomah had like 4 dropped passes last game, so Eifert being back will be huge. Burfict is the heart and soul of this defense. We play like the best defense in the league when he's on the field.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 07:14 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Even with that, that organization still has only had 6 losing seasons since 1972!!

Not to mention the guy had been to two Super Bowls by that point, winning one.  And those two years were not even losing seasons, the team went 8-8.
Reply/Quote
If the story line is compelling enough, sure. We're currently perceived as having a curse and the curse is a combination of things, Mikey, Marvin and some other vague unknown entity. Think about it. According to 'the pundits' we generally have the most talented roster year in year out with a head coach who is supposedly widely respected by players and other coaches alike, but owned by the grinch.. THE GRINCH CAN'T WIN! It would be like stealing everyone's Christmas presents. And now we're all (Bengals fans) becoming a bunch of conspiracy theorists..
Conspiracy theorists and the grinch don't get to celebrate so relax and enjoy playing the role of the bad guys and gals. Some day 'the curse' will be lifted and who knows?  Maybe the story line will change, Mikey will be on his death bed and find Jesus which in turn will trigger the cataclismic events that lead to us getting to celebrate.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'm not saying because I can't be honest about the Bengals.

buuuuttttt....

Probably. Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 09:16 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I used to think that way.  After SB XXIII, the single-worst sports-related gut punch in my lifetime, I figured it was just a matter of time until they climbed that mountain a third time and we finally hoisted the Lombardi.  Amazing how 27 years of futility will change a man's perspective.

Now, middle-aged and with more yesterdays behind me than tomorrows in front of me, I'm left only with the slightest glimmer of hope, that one day, a QB yet to be drafted into the NFL, led by a Head Coach whose name I may not even know, will bring a championship to Cincinnati and a parade to Fountain Square.  

Someday.  Maybe.

But, for the record, I answered 'no.'
This is why I created the Thread.  Thanks. 
Reply/Quote
The day after I die, they'll win.
Reply/Quote
How many Cubs fans left the planet without seeing a championship? I was a fan on day one when I was eight years old - my fear is I won't see it. However - think I will see at least 2 more Buckeye national championships!
Reply/Quote
It's really tough for me to answer. It seemed like 2005, 2013, and 2015 (pre-Dalton injury) were built for us to get to the big game. However, things didn't fall our way. At this point, I don't know if I'm every going to see things fall our way in the postseason.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote