Poll: Will Hue Be Our Next Head Coach And Do You Want That?
Yes He Will And Yes I Want That
Yes He Will But No I don't Want That
No He Will Not But I Want Him To Be
No He Will Not, Which Is Good
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Hue Jackson Be Coaching The Bengals In 2018?
(07-16-2017, 05:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah - In your $35k salary example...you never get rich punching the clock for someone else. If you be the boss, you have that chance...

Plus working for yourself gives you power. Power to do things your way. A head coach is only going to have so much of that here with the Bengals Management.

That said, the Browns are a horribly managed franchise. Just absolutely horrible. Had he went to any other team than the Browns, this is easier to understand.

The Browns have been super horrible, but the same people who drafted Trent Richardson (let's be honest though, we kinda wanted him here) and Johnny Fartball aren't calling the shots anymore.  Hue was given a chance to build something in Cleveland while the Bengals couldn't even give him a ballpark estimate on when the HC position here would be open.  

We can laugh at the Browns for winning 1 game last year, but we only won 6 and we were fielding a team that was intended to compete this year.  I'd wager both win totals are an anomaly, but time will tell.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see Jay Gruden as Heach Coach of the Bengals.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2017, 10:37 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see Jay Gruden as Heach Coach of the Bengals.

When?  He seems pretty ok in Washington and he saved the Bengals from drafting Ryan Mallett and then saved the DC Squad from playing RGIII for another 5 years.  I wouldn't see him being booted out of there soon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2017, 11:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: When?  He seems pretty ok in Washington and he saved the Bengals from drafting Ryan Mallett and then saved the DC Squad from playing RGIII for another 5 years.  I wouldn't see him being booted out of there soon.

It's not that Jay is bad, it's that he may be an innocent bystander in Washington. With all of the turmoil going on in the front office, it won't be too shocking if Snyder tries to clean house and start over. Gruden may just be a victim of that.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2017, 09:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Browns have been super horrible, but the same people who drafted Trent Richardson (let's be honest though, we kinda wanted him here) and Johnny Fartball aren't calling the shots anymore.  Hue was given a chance to build something in Cleveland while the Bengals couldn't even give him a ballpark estimate on when the HC position here would be open.  

We can laugh at the Browns for winning 1 game last year, but we only won 6 and we were fielding a team that was intended to compete this year.  I'd wager both win totals are an anomaly, but time will tell.

We arguably had a Top 5 NFL roster for 2-3 seasons and haven't won a playoff game. I agree...our franchise underachieves.

And rosters age...so one day we won't be as good due to attrition and it will really hit us how we squandered a great opportunity.

Whether it was coaching. Or signing that 1 free agent to put a good roster over the top. We as a franchise were content to be good. Good is the enemy of great.

Other franchises fire coaches and GM's when they don't win playoff games. We give our coach an extension.
Reply/Quote