Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House Majority Whip shot at congressional baseball field
(06-14-2017, 12:59 PM)6andcounting Wrote: The person the Washington Post claims is the shooter is a huge Bernie Bro based on his social media. Based on that, I'm guessing this story is out of the news by the 6pm broadcast. 

Yeah I found his facebook page.  Don't know if it's still up.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-14-2017, 01:31 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/lawmaker-steve-scalise-injured-in-gop-baseball-shooting-suspect-james-t-hodgkinson-dies-after-shootout/ar-BBCFi8H?li=BBnb7Kz

And

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/law-enforcement-officials-identify-james-t-hodgkinson-as-shooter-at-congressional-ballgame/ar-BBCFKa9?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Quote:A Facebook page belonging to a person with the same name includes pictures of Democratic presidential candidate, Bernie Sanders, and rhetoric against President Trump, including a post that reads: “Trump is a Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It’s Time to Destroy Trump & Co.”

- - - - - - -

Charles Orear, 50, a restaurant manager from St. Louis, said in an interview Wednesday that he became friendly with Hodgkinson during their work together in Iowa on Sanders’s presidential campaign. Orear said Hodgkinson was a passionate progressive and showed no signs of violence or malice toward others.

- - - - - - -

Hodgkinson reportedly opened fire on a group of congressmen and their staff as they practiced for a congressional baseball game, wounding House Majority Whip Steve Scalise and a staff member of Rep. Roger Williams, as well as two Capitol Police officers assigned to protect Scalise.

Put the highlights in the quote for anyone who can't read the site at work or something. Tried to C&P the whole thing like I normally try to do, but it turned into a blob of text with no formatting, for some reason.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
This deranged leftist was indeed on Bernies campaign staff.

They better be very careful because their base donors and their base voters I don’t think can handle many more of these rising expectations and assurances that Trump is gonna be put in jail only to find there’s no evidence he did anything wrong.
At some point these people are gonna crack, and they’re not gonna just start cutting heads off of dolls, and they’re not gonna just start using fake knives to stab people at Central Park.

And, lo and behold, 24 hours later, less than 24 hours later, the gunman opens fire at a baseball practice involving members of the Republican Party, the annual baseball, softball game between the Democrats and the Republicans.
Awful.

Protests...yes.  Killing each other...no.

But it may have just been another crazy person with a gun...what can we do?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-14-2017, 11:45 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have difficulties imagining having time to play baseball during a weekday with a job like that.

It's the congressional charity baseball game that's been going on for years. The practice was at 5:30 am. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]

Who says left wing comedy has no political influence on people?
This dude was  radicalized by left-wing TV and comedy shows.  He took it as truth.

He encouraged people to watch the Daily Show, John Oliver, Bill Maher, Rachael Maddow.

I fear for the future of this country.
When you control the media, you control the people.
It appalls me that some people could start bringing politics into this. This is no time to start name calling and using divisive partisan politics and rhetoric to divide us. We should be focusing the victims and their families at a time like this.
(06-14-2017, 04:45 PM)Westwood Bengal Wrote: It appalls me that some people could start bringing politics into this. This is no time to start name calling and using divisive partisan politics and rhetoric to divide us. We should be focusing the victims and their families at a time like this.

I think what's sad is that if this man was a Trump supporter, youd hear every 5 minutes about how he was a Trump supporter and CNN would have a full panel discussing it till midnight.
(06-14-2017, 04:45 PM)Westwood Bengal Wrote: It appalls me that some people could start bringing politics into this. This is no time to start name calling and using divisive partisan politics and rhetoric to divide us. We should be focusing the victims and their families at a time like this.

It's a politically driven attack by a losing political party staff member... on politicians.

Is it possible to NOT bring politics into this?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(06-14-2017, 05:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's a politically driven attack by a losing political party staff member... on politicians.

Is it possible to NOT bring politics into this?

That's the sad part. It is. It's actually really simple. Just don't do it. Just don't start the blame game. But that's the climate, of course someone blamed the media and Bill Maher and Rachel Maddow and whatnot immediately for the deed of a lunatic. Of course that happened, for that's how the US seems to roll. Stirring the pot, appreciating the opportunity. 

But that's not a given. It's what people choose to make out of it.

(Btw. the "radical left" media reports about that all day long, they don't blame anyone, they don't sweep it under the rug... they offer condolences and say it's appalling and that's that.)
(06-14-2017, 04:41 PM)Vlad Wrote:  
Who says left wing comedy has no political influence on people?
This dude was  radicalized by left-wing TV and comedy shows.  He took it as truth.

He encouraged people to watch the Daily Show, John Oliver, Bill Maher, Rachael Maddow.

I fear for the future of this country.
When you control the media, you control the people.

You want to go down the radicalized middle aged white guy road?
There is big money to be made in 24/7 over the top political insanity television and big money to be made in firearms. Guy shoots that abortion doctor Bill O'reilley told us all about, guy shoots up planned parenthood due to sensationalized propaganda, and this guy goes after republicans while political divisiveness is running high.

What can you do? Some of the most influential powers that be do their damnedest to make sure they can agitate and misinform with impunity and ensure every man they radicalize has access to at least one deadly weapon.
The Main Stream Propaganda Outlets/idiot celebrites got what they have been calling for.

Dumba%$es fall for their made up lies and bulsh$% and they know it.

Their efforts to get some idiot to do what they have been calling for finally paid off for them. Congratulations.

I'm sure that they can careless that the guy is dead (or that people are seriously injured). Thats what makes them dispicable human beings. They used some moron to do their bidding.

No one will take responsibility for the climate that they have created, they will act like they had no part in it and that what they did was harmless.

They know what they are doing. They are doing it on purpose. And they are trash for using people like this that they know they can push to far.

Soros is probably grinning from ear to ear. This is exactly what he wants. Use the Media and Hollywood with propaganda to get idiots to follow their directives to tear down, weaken and divide the country.

Soros and his puppets are the scum of the earth.
(06-14-2017, 06:03 PM)tigerseye Wrote: The Main Stream Propaganda Outlets/idiot celebrites got what they have been calling for.

Dumba%$es fall for their made up lies and bulsh$% and they know it.

Their efforts to get some idiot to do what they have been calling for finally paid off for them. Congratulations.

I'm sure that they can careless that the guy is dead (or that people are seriously injured). Thats what makes them dispicable human beings. They used some moron to do their bidding.

No one will take responsibility for the climate that they have created, they will act like they had no part in it and that what they did was harmless.

They know what they are doing. They are doing it on purpose. And they are trash for using people like this that they know they can push to far.

Soros is probably grinning from ear to ear. This is exactly what he wants. Use the Media and Hollywood with propaganda to get idiots to follow their directives to tear down, weaken and divide the country.

Soros and his puppets are the scum of the earth.

I think you may be putting the cart before the horse.  The media-consuming public wants to hear insane propaganda that supports their side and demonizes their enemies.  More viewers means more money, so the various media outlets give people what they want.  There is big money is whipping people into a frenzy and the fact that Trump turned that into a successful bid at the presidency makes me think it isn't going away any time soon.

Hell, people even admit that they don't care if something is even remotely true or not if it what they want to hear.  We're beyond biased and some people take the whole "The other side is out to get you" stuff to dangerous levels.  It's a side-effect of the society we created, but why should they care?  Sell them the notion that they're in danger from people who don't think like them, sell them guns to "defend themselves" and if someone actually acts in a manner befitting the lies you told?  Well, you just shrug and say you never TOLD anyone to DO anything and then offer some quick prayers and thoughts and go right back to work.

I've seen nothing in the past year or so that convinces me this country is going to calm the hell down any time soon.
It's moments like these that I'm glad I don't drink political party kool-aid. A man is fighting for his life and people try to turn this into political capital.

Using this to promote conspiracy theories against the media or to push for gun control. Saying things like this only happen on one side of the spectrum.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-14-2017, 05:23 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: You want to go down the radicalized middle aged white guy road?

Go for it...I was expecting an equivalency argument to show up any time now.
(06-14-2017, 06:36 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's moments like these that I'm glad I don't drink political party kool-aid. A man is fighting for his life and people try to turn this into political capital.

Using this to promote conspiracy theories against the media or to push for gun control. Saying things like this only happen on one side of the spectrum.

Yeah, I am getting so tired of this stuff. I feel like this is the difference between having an ideology, and being partisan. Partisanship seems to lead to otherizing the opposite side.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-14-2017, 06:36 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's moments like these that I'm glad I don't drink political party kool-aid. A man is fighting for his life and people try to turn this into political capital.

This is a cop out.

So why was this Republican shot and now fighting for his life? What lead this man to shoot a group of Republicans?

It's called "motive" Pat.  A component of many a police investigation.
Pointing out the the mans motive as a leftist extremist influenced by leftist liars in the public eye and purveyors of fake news does not lesson our concern and sympathy for the victims involved.

Upon entering the field this guy asked which group were the Republicans, and you don't find that concerning?
(06-14-2017, 04:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: Awful.

Protests...yes.  Killing each other...no.

Be clear, violent or peaceful?

Many liberals believe violent protests are justified.
(06-14-2017, 07:19 PM)Vlad Wrote: This is a cop out.

So why was this Republican shot and now fighting for his life? What lead this man to shoot a group of Republicans?

It's called "motive" Pat.  A component of many a police investigation.
Pointing out the the mans motive as a leftist extremist influenced by leftist liars in the public eye and purveyors of fake news does not lesson our concern and sympathy for the victims involved.

Upon entering the field this guy asked which group were the Republicans, and you don't find that concerning?

How would anyone know of your concern and sympathy for the victims? You literally haven't written a single sentence expressing any concern or sympathy for the victims before performing the same ol' song and dance.

This is why I rarely comment in threads like this.