Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Are The Steelers Ranked Ahead of Us?
Every power ranking that I've seen since the draft has the Steelers ranked ahead of us.

I realize that every media outlet kisses their asses, but how is that even possible?! We had a great draft; they had a shitty draft. We should have beat them in the playoffs but they were saved by fumble when the game was all-but-over and then a no-call of a coach illegally being on the field. We get our QB back, who was having an MVP-like season before he was hurt in the second game against them. Their secondary is horrible and mostly either aging or young and not good.

People will say "we had to play most of the season without Bell, and he's one of the best backs in the league!" Rolleyes You only lost three games without him last year, with one of them being to Baltimore (who is horrible, but still swept you), and we beat you in the playoffs with our back-up QB until you cheated.

How are the Steelers ranked ahead of us?!
Reply/Quote
They think losing jones and Sanu will hurt us.

I would say they are more hurt by losing Bryant. Without him it's easy to sit on their routes,
Reply/Quote
A long history of actually being better than us probably doesn't hurt their case.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2016, 08:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Every power ranking that I've seen since the draft has the Steelers ranked ahead of us.

I realize that every media outlet kisses their asses, but how is that even possible?!  We had a great draft; they had a shitty draft.  We should have beat them in the playoffs but they were saved by fumble when the game was all-but-over and then a no-call of a coach illegally being on the field.  We get our QB back, who was having an MVP-like season before he was hurt in the second game against them.  Their secondary is horrible and mostly either aging or young and not good.

People will say "we had to play most of the season without Bell, and he's one of the best backs in the league!"   Rolleyes You only lost three games without him last year, with one of them being to Baltimore (who is horrible, but still swept you), and we beat you in the playoffs with our back-up QB until you cheated.

Better QB than the Bengals.  Check
Better O-line than the Bengals.  Check
Better RB Corps than the Bengals.  Check
Best WR in the league and probably, without Bryant, equal overall WR Corps
Defense is close to equal with the secondary bringing it down so edge to the Bengals there, but not even close to a big enough edge to make up for the huge talent gaps between the two offenses.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 06:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Better QB than the Bengals.  
False.  At one time, Ben could have been considered better.

Ben had his 2nd most interceptions of his career last season, despite playing in only 12 games.

Dalton was having an MVP caliber season prior to his injury.

NFL quarterbacks typically start seeing a steep decline in play at age 33 or 34, which Ben's 34, and takes more hits than the average QB because of his tendency to extend plays.  He has only played all 16 games in three years.

All sources point to the Bengals having the better QB.

(05-15-2016, 06:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Better O-line than the Bengals.  Check
False.  As FootballOutsiders points out, the Bengals had the best run blocking offensive line, and the Steelers had the 8th; the Steelers had the 8th best passing line, we had the 15th, and only being ranked that high is because of Ben's ability to extend plays.  

Combining both run and pass, ProFootballFocus has the Bengals' line ranked two spots ahead of the Steelers' line.
(05-15-2016, 06:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Better RB Corps than the Bengals.  Check
If Hill learns to hang onto the ball, he could go back to being able to be argued as the top back in the league, which he was when he took over as a rookie, and Gio has an amazing change-of-pace skill set, but I agree that Bell and Williams are good, so I'll give you the very slight edge, but a compelling argument could be made for them being equal.
(05-15-2016, 06:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Best WR in the league and probably, without Bryant, equal overall WR Corps
He's the best, but Green's up there, and you're insane to think that you'll be equal without Bryant.  We have Core, who was only overlooked because of playing behind Treadwell, and Boyd, who is great talent, and then LaFell, who is consistent.  

Who else do you have?  Wheaton?  Good luck with that.  

We also have better tight ends with Eifert, Kroft, and even Uzomah.  

I was going to give you that one (receivers), but, now looking at it, I think you're full of shit (what's new, though?).
(05-15-2016, 06:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Defense is close to equal with the secondary bringing it down so edge to the Bengals there, but not even close to a big enough edge to make up for the huge talent gaps between the two offenses.
You're full of shit again.  The Steelers' D is horrible.  This website has the Steelers D ranked 26th and the Bengals D ranked 10th.  26 and 10 really isn't close.  

I actually appreciate you because you made me find more examples (proof) that the Steelers are garbage and the Bengals will be better than them this year  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 07:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: False.  At one time, Ben could have been considered better.

Ben had his 2nd most interceptions of his career last season, despite playing in only 12 games.

Dalton was having an MVP caliber season prior to his injury.

This part alone renders your opinion on this matter meaningless.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 06:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Better QB than the Bengals.  Check
Defense is close to equal with the secondary bringing it down so edge to the Bengals there, but not even close to a big enough edge to make up for the huge talent gaps between the two offenses.

Bengals have Better WR/TE:  Steelers lost Bryant and Miller and replaced them with nothing but a backup and 7th rounder.  Bengals lost Jones and Sanu replaced with Lafell, Boyd 2nd round pick and Core 6th round pick.  
Oline: Even, both have some rock solid lineman but both have question marks too

Defense
Better Dline ( no one comes close to Atkins.. Billings will be one of the Steals in the Draft
Better Corners/Safety (huge difference).  Steelers are a mess here.. hoping for young talent, Bengals have the talent and depth.

Most Draft analysis gave Steelers B/C grade.. Bengals solid B grade so edge to Bengals coming in.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 06:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Better QB than the Bengals.  Check

Bengals have a better OL, WR/TE

RB is a push . 

Bengals defense is miles ahead of the steelers.   Push at LB. bengals better at DL and DB.

Steelers have a better qb.   
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 08:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This part alone renders your opinion on this matter meaningless.

Turnovers are a reflection of a offense just as takeaways are a reflection of a defense.

So here you go

Steelers offense 28 turnovers , 30 takeways (15th in league difference)

Bengals offense 17 turnovers, 28 takeaways (3rd in league difference)
Reply/Quote

Man, I agree.  As far as I'm concerned, the Steelers just may be the best team, in all of football.  It will be a miracle if the Bengals even manage to get a score against them. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 09:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Bengals have a better OL, WR/TE

RB is a push . 

Bengals defense is miles ahead of the steelers.   Push at LB.   bengals better at DL and DB.  

Steelers have a better qb.   

Better O-line?  Not at all.  RB is a push?  Bell in the best HB in the NFL and Williams is a solid backup.  Put the crack pipe down, your lips are blistering.  D-line is a push, you guys are better at Lb, not by much and you secondary is better.  Lastly, no shit the Steelers have a better QB.

(05-15-2016, 09:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Man, I agree.  As far as I'm concerned, the Steelers just may be the best team, in all of football.  It will be a miracle if the Bengals even manage to get a score against them. Ninja

Cool   Which team should be ranked better in a meaningless raking system?  It's a circle jerk but I do like to point out what a clown fitz is.
Reply/Quote
Both RB's coming back from injuries, Bell for the second year in a row.  Williams on the wrong side of 30.  Not really a dead certainty.

If they keep working Bell like a rented mule, how long will he last?  And does Williams have another strong year in him?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Preseason power rankings are very stupid. Remember last year how many people had the Ravens as #1 and the Redskins dead last? Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 05:50 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: A long history of actually being better than us probably doesn't hurt their case.

This pretty much should've been this thread's end. 
Reply/Quote
I suspect the biggest concern among those who rate is the loss of Hue. WR's come and go. Good coordinators are harder to replace.

I suspect the blow-up in the playoffs is also a concern. 

I'm not saying they are right or wrong. But these are some things that have to be proven over time, just as the Steelers have to prove they can keep their big three on O upright for most of the season.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 08:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This part alone renders your opinion on this matter meaningless.

Steelers fans' opinions on anything NFL related are meaningless because you're all delusional and can't see anything with any logic.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers beat us twice last year. We can "if" "and" "but" and "shoulda woulda coulda" until we are blue in the face but they beat us 2 times out of 3 in 2015.

Thems the breaks and if the Bengals don't like it all they have to do is beat the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2016, 08:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Every power ranking that I've seen since the draft has the Steelers ranked ahead of us.

I realize that every media outlet kisses their asses, but how is that even possible?!  We had a great draft; they had a shitty draft.  We should have beat them in the playoffs but they were saved by fumble when the game was all-but-over and then a no-call of a coach illegally being on the field.  We get our QB back, who was having an MVP-like season before he was hurt in the second game against them.  Their secondary is horrible and mostly either aging or young and not good.

People will say "we had to play most of the season without Bell, and he's one of the best backs in the league!"   Rolleyes You only lost three games without him last year, with one of them being to Baltimore (who is horrible, but still swept you), and we beat you in the playoffs with our back-up QB until you cheated.

very simple on this one brad.

They beat us in the playoff game therefore ranked higher.
Reply/Quote
Steelers swept the Bengals and won when it "mattered" ....playoffs.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2016, 07:08 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Steelers swept the Bengals and won when it "mattered" ....playoffs.

Actually they did not sweep the Bengals, they won 2 out of 3 and the Bengals won the division for the 3rd time out of last 4 years...and the prediction is who is going to win the AFC North.. so if you are going to judge on past performance in playoffs than should also judge on past performance in AFC North so the Bengals would be the favorit.  

So the conversation between who is better is a bit splitting hairs between the Steelers and Bengals.  What we do know is there is zero conversation  on where the Ravens rank in the division .. that would be behind both teams.
Reply/Quote